Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ALL POST/THREADS HERE about NUTT to OLE MISS Could Happen Quickly!

Started by coolhog, November 26, 2007, 11:24:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggySTruman

Mallardman69

Rivals reporting it as well

I dotn see him lasting more then three years there

bphi11ips

Quote from: arkhog9 on November 27, 2007, 10:04:58 am
hahahahahahahahahahaha.  Wow it's gonna be bad whenever he beats us.  It might not happen the first year, but it'll happen at some point and it's gonna hurt.

Ole Miss has beaten us in the past and will again in the future.  Nutt is likely to have superior talent the next couple of years if you believe Rivals.  You can thank him for that.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

darth sooie

I am shocked HDN is going to ole miss...thought he would take his show on the road a little...at least get out of the sec. Well, i could have seen him land in the sec east but to go to ole miss? i would have waited it out for GA Tech some more but no doubt this will add to the hogs-rebs game.

DooDahman

Quote from: 870 RZR on November 27, 2007, 09:48:58 am
It must seem like it to him moneywise, we give him 3.5 million and the next day he signs a contract with another SEC school that will be worth millions.  Nutt will be living LARGE down in Oxford.
Hopefully he will take Rainbow Rick with him.

josh_sec33

Well, you know, he didn't recruit it to Arkansas...that's for sure. ;)
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Conway4Hogs

Quote from: Thrilbilly on November 27, 2007, 10:07:14 am
Boy, Nutty rebounded a lot faster than we did!
Good to see he wasn't looking at any other jobs while employed here...LOL   Also I am really glad we gave him the FULL Financial package...This guy is nothing more than a sack full of lies...Hotty Totty Nutty

WhenPigsFly

I would be shocked if Nutt at Ole Miss did NOT beat us next year.  And the game is at Fayetteville.............

Reaganite

Quote from: MGCAPRI on November 27, 2007, 09:32:58 am
Hearing HDN will be introduced at 5:00 by Archie Manning as HC at Ole Miss.

Maybe Peyton can teach him about throwing the ball.

NaturalStateReb

November 27, 2007, 10:15:37 am #159 Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 10:17:32 am by NaturalStateReb
Apparently verified by Pete Boone, Ole Miss' AD:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3129559
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

RebelAt

Thank goodness we gave him that 3.5 million to help ease the pain of moving a few hours away and for suffering for the same amount of time over his career prospects. 

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

booogaga

yeah it says 6 hours after the presser. crazy.
GO HOGS!

hogchic2001

Sounds like wasted money to me!
Go HOGS Go!

Nashville Fan

WOW - Now how much does that reduce the 3.5 Million of the annuity payment?
Pittman or Bust!

hogchic2001

Go HOGS Go!

AckaBacka

"What I have always kind of looked at is you really want a CEO," Boone said. "Someone that understands their role, their ability to hire good people and let them do their jobs, and oversee the whole thing with regard to public relations, team direction and raising funds."  Boone Ole Miss AD

Well then why hire Nutt if you are looking for a CEO?

PorcineSublime

Boy did he fall in it here.

"What I have always kind of looked at is you really want a CEO," Boone said. "Someone that understands their role, their ability to hire good people and let them do their jobs, and oversee the whole thing with regard to public relations, team direction and raising funds."

Even the strongest HDN supporter has to admit that these were not Houstons strongest points.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

longtimeHogfan

Ole Miss Athletic Director, Pete Boone, said he was looking for an effective communicator, organizer and leader.  "What I have always kind of looked at is you really want a CEO," Boone said. "Someone that understands their role, their ability to hire good people and let them do their jobs, and oversee the whole thing with regard to public relations, team direction and raising funds."

Huh?  Are we talking about the same nut?

I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

AckaBacka

November 27, 2007, 10:21:44 am #169 Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 10:25:16 am by AckaBacka

AckaBacka

November 27, 2007, 10:22:21 am #170 Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 10:24:55 am by AckaBacka

HawgAdvocate

Good...we finally have a REAL rivalry in the SEC...we can whip his a$$ every year.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Tusks

I think the man is unstable.....seriously.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Still staying in the SEC?  I figured he would bolt to Georgia Tech.

stevenwayneslane

Just thankful he is finally gone. Now thanks to him and his posse we will have to rebuild since they ran the future off.

hillhog

I love the part where it says "hire someone who has good people and lets them do their job".

Matt Turner

pikehog

Quote from: hawgalum1984 on November 27, 2007, 07:57:26 am
Say goodbye to Wright and all the other Warren Guys.....they will follow him and David Lee there.

http://www.djournal.com/pages/story.asp?ID=259673&pub=1&div=News

Why would the follow him? Do they have a burning desire to learn to block?

hog.goblin

Trottsky

Did I see a White Rabbit? A Mad Hatter? And was that Nutt's Cheshire grin left hanging over the BAC as the rest of him (and his fat wallet) faded away with Colonel Rebel?

"Why do they let him go to another school in our conference?" they asked Humpty. "Because he just couldn't stay here," he replied.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Nashville Fan

Quote from: Nashville Fan on November 27, 2007, 10:18:07 am
WOW - Now how much does that reduce the 3.5 Million of the annuity payment?

Nevermind I found it. We only owe 1.6 Million, if he gets a job that pays more than 320,000

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/sports_article.asp?aID=101230.87537.113313&spID=3

That is one heck of a bargin. So really looks like JW saved the University and RF over $400K
Pittman or Bust!

Hogginitall

Quote from: TruthHog on November 27, 2007, 09:51:29 am
This is great news. It means Arkansas will be assured of at least one win per year in the SEC.

We were with Nutt as our coach.  I'm not so sure with him as their coach.  I'll wait and see, but I don't like having to play him every year (most likely with Ole Miss in the underdog role).  We're going to regret this as long as he's there.

PintailKiller

According to Bazzell - presser at noon Wednesday in Oxford.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

crazyrazy

If he had a hard time recruiting AR, wait until he has to deal with Miss. St., Southern Miss., Delta State, etc., plus all the other SEC schools trolling for talent in Mississippi.  Gonna need some new fencing material.

Gas Can

rocksalt

It's a Mother-In-Law defense - Constant Pressure and Harrassment.   J. Pelphrey

We are on the "Highway to Hellphrey"...  "40 minutes of Hellphrey" !      Hogfans

RT1941

Quote from: Hogginitall on November 27, 2007, 11:01:46 am
We were with Nutt as our coach.  I'm not so sure with him as their coach.  I'll wait and see, but I don't like having to play him every year (most likely with Ole Miss in the underdog role).  We're going to regret this as long as he's there.
I think you are right about that.  Bottom line, Ed Orgeron could RECRUIT, even at Ole Piss.  Nutt will have MUCH better talent to work with than he has left Arkanasa with.  And, Nutt can motivate players to play in the big games.  I can see him doing much better than Ed O did at Ole Piss.
RazorTusk!!!!

BigDeal

Wow. Just WOW. This is happening so quick and is quite a shocker.

mathhog

i think the whole thing is insane.... shouldnt he forfiet 3.5 mil to coach at a division rival?

Hogginitall

Quote from: crazyrazy on November 27, 2007, 11:06:12 am
If he had a hard time recruiting AR, wait until he has to deal with Miss. St., Southern Miss., Delta State, etc., plus all the other SEC schools trolling for talent in Mississippi.  Gonna need some new fencing material.

He'll be fine there.  You guys act like there's not enough prospects to go around in Mississippi.  I think you former "darksiders" are going to be very surprised at the job he does at Ole Miss.  We were Ole Miss when he came here.  He brought us to where we are now.  We expect MUCH more now than we did before he came.  He will do the same with them.

Tfnmusic

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3129559

JACKSON, Miss. -- Houston Nutt wasn't out of a job for long: He was hired as Southeastern Conference rival Mississippi's football coach just hours after resigning at Arkansas.

Nutt agreed to a contract late Monday night, and replaces Ed Orgeron, who was fired Saturday after the Rebels lost to rival Mississippi State to finish 3-9 and winless in the SEC.

The school announced the hiring through a three-paragraph e-mail Tuesday sent out by Athletic Director Pete Boone. The school said a news conference will be held at 1 p.m. ET on campus Wednesday in Oxford. No contract details were made available.

Ole Miss was searching for a proven winner after years of mediocrity. Nutt neatly fits the description.

He is 111-70 in 15 years as a head coach at Arkansas, Boise State and Murray State. And he's been a winner in the SEC. The Little Rock, Ark., native rebuilt the Arkansas program, going 75-48 since his hiring in 1997 to replace Danny Ford. He was 42-38 in conference with one of his biggest wins coming last week when the Razorbacks beat then-No. 1 LSU 50-48 triple-overtime win.

While Arkansas is likely headed to the Cotton Bowl, Nutt will be going to the homes of recruits attempting to hold together the promising class Orgeron was assembling.

Nutt, 50, said Monday he left Arkansas to help mend a split among fans after off-the-field problems were compounded by a difficult season. The Razorbacks started the year ranked and were expected to contend for the SEC West title against the Tigers.

A source told ESPN.com's Ivan Maisel that Nutt turned down a two-year extension from Arkansas worth $2.4 million annually after the Razorbacks upset No. 1 ranked LSU last week.

Arkansas lost its first three SEC games and dropped out of the poll in September, fueling fan discontent over last year's transfer of quarterback Mitch Mustain and the loss of offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn, who left for Tulsa.

A call to Nutt's agent, Jimmy Sexton, was not immediately returned.

Nutt takes over a program that has foundered since a 10-win season in 2003 under David Cutcliffe. The Rebels won a share of the SEC West that season with Eli Manning at quarterback.

Since then Ole Miss has had four or fewer wins in four seasons. Boone fired Cutcliffe in 2004 for a lack of effort in recruiting. He had hoped Orgeron, who helped build two national title teams at USC as Pete Carroll's recruiting coordinator, would bring the kind of energy needed to compete in the nation's best football conference.

Orgeron finished 10-25 and was routinely the target of fan discontent.

Boone and Chancellor Robert Khayat endorsed Orgeron midway through the season, but decided to go in a new direction after the Rebels lost five of six to end the year.

The Rebels have been looking for a coach who can produce championships since Johnny Vaught retired in 1970. Vaught won three national titles and six SEC championships between 1947-63.

The school has fired six of the eight coaches who have come since and a seventh, Steve Sloan, likely would have been fired after five losing seasons had he not left for Duke.

The past four coaches have been assistants in their first job as leading man. Orgeron, Cutcliffe, Tommy Tuberville and Joe Lee Dunn were 77-76 in the 14 years.

Only Tuberville left on his own, taking the job at Auburn in 1998.

Donny2665

This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Donny2665

Quote from: BigDeal on November 27, 2007, 11:47:04 am
Wow. Just WOW. This is happening so quick and is quite a shocker.

How is it a shocker, we all knew this yesterday.
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

mathhog

anyone found a video stream yet for the NOON presser of Ole miss?

Snouty