Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ALL POST/THREADS HERE about NUTT to OLE MISS Could Happen Quickly!

Started by coolhog, November 26, 2007, 11:24:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lard

Quote from: Phenomenal One on November 27, 2007, 09:25:12 am
It is also being reported that MsFadden and Jones will not play in the bowl game because they are upset over Nutt's departure . . . can anyone confirm this?  I just heard it on the Buzz, so I am taking it for what it is worth
I heard that they won't be playing but not b/c of Dale's departure......more along the lines of risking injuries and eligibility for a bowl game.
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

BartIV

Jimmy Sexton said at 5pm today, it will be reported.

Houston h

He hasn't been hired, Jimmy Sexton was just on the air in Memphis and said an offer is on the table but Old Mrs. needs to come up with more money.

MGCAPRI

Hearing HDN will be introduced at 5:00 by Archie Manning as HC at Ole Miss.

BartIV

hognelson

whitemeat

No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.

MGCAPRI

Sure was makes you feal even more lied to last night huh?

COCHISE

It's official, now on the Ole Miss Rivals page.

COCHISE

Nutt to Ole Miss, according to the Ole Miss Rivals page.

BartIV

The associated Press has said it too.

mdstaff

Nutt to ole Miss. I can't wait to beat the crap out of the dork!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3129559

runnhog

www.djournal.com

signed last night before midnight for 9.5 million over 5 years....

Lard

Quote from: mdstaff on November 27, 2007, 09:41:26 am
Nutt to ole Miss. I can't wait to beat the crap out of the dork!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3129559
What if the dork beats the crap out of us......like next year.  He is not walking into a bare cabinet situation down there.  Orgeron recruited fairly well........he was just really, really dumb.
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

The Great Hambino

Can't wait to see the new Colonel Reb is Cryin' song.

cdhogfan

Hollywood_HOGan45

I dont normally boo opposing teams but i will make an exception this time when nuttjob runs out on the field wearing blue and red.

that game will be the biggest of the year.

jackets91

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10498132

Just saw this story on CBS Sportsline...Nutt is to be introducted at a press conference later today.  He finalized the deal last night...I guess after his resignation at Arkansas.  I guess that contract he and his agent were negotiating yesterday during the day was the Ole Miss contract. 

LSUFan

rcowen

COCHISE

Quote from: LSUFan on November 27, 2007, 09:46:21 am
It's okay, it's a "promotion" ;D
It must seem like it to him moneywise, we give him 3.5 million and the next day he signs a contract with another SEC school that will be worth millions.  Nutt will be living LARGE down in Oxford.

nughaud

sweet... let's kill Ole Miss next year :)

SPAL

and he STILL gets 3.5 from us....that proves it was a buyout.

rcowen

rcowen

Screw eric assilius, or whatever his name is. You should hear what that blowhard is saying.

Porkerpower

hoty tody oh my godie. rif raf bif bam Houston Nutt by damn.

pethog1

mike and mike in the morning on espn just announced hdn to ole miss.

Since 1894

Good for him

I hope he finishes right behind us in the SEC West every year.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

TruthHog

This is great news. It means Arkansas will be assured of at least one win per year in the SEC.
Calmer than you are.

Jim

Congrats to HDN.  I hope we're just as quick to find our replacement too.

BigDrDon

You gonna look me dead in the eye,hold a straight face ,and swear to me,that the forward pass is legal?

Melhog

I am just amazed that they would hire the Dale. I guess Ole Miss is dumberer than I thought. Well they did hire Orgeron so I take that back. I give him 3-4 yrs.  They actually expect their coaches to win there.

BILLYBOB

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

BILLYBOB

Quote from: Melhog on November 27, 2007, 09:56:04 am
I am just amazed that they would hire the Dale. I guess Ole Miss is dumberer than I thought. Well they did hire Orgeron so I take that back. I give him 3-4 yrs.  They actually expect their coaches to win there.

Or maybe we're dumber than you think for letting him go...

Time will tell.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

RazorbackNutt

Quote from: Master B on November 27, 2007, 08:02:58 am
Any skill position player besides a RB that follows Hootie is a fool.  I can't believe that these sorry programs fight over a piss poor coach like hootie.  Its quite incredible, its almost as if they have never watched any of our National TV games over the past 10 years.

Crazy, huh?   I guess most of these guys that actually hire coaches for a living aren't as smart and subject to common sense as you, huh??? 

joeyself

I thought this part of the ESPN article was interesting:

"Nutt neatly fits the description of the coach Ole Miss was looking for. He is 111-70 in 15 years as a head coach, compiling a 111-70 record at Arkansas, Boise State and Murray State.

More importantly, he's been a winner in the SEC. The Little Rock, Ark., native rebuilt the Arkansas program, going 75-48 since his hiring in 1997 to replace Danny Ford. He was 42-38 in conference with one of his biggest wins coming last week when the Razorbacks beat No. 1 LSU 50-48 triple-overtime win."

It says something about the expectations of Ole Miss if they want to get to the level of winning half their games.   

JcS

"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

Hogeyeblind

Cleveland HAWG

Just heard on the 5 after the hour report....Hooten to Ole Miss has been announced
BRAIN:"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
PINKY: I think so Brain, but if you replace the P with an O, my name would be Oinky, wouldn't it?

joeyself

Quote from: Melhog on November 27, 2007, 09:56:04 am

Hey, to Ole Miss, Dale is a winner--isn't he something like 9-1 against them?

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

HogInThaGrove

arkjay19

hahahahahahahahahahaha.  Wow it's gonna be bad whenever he beats us.  It might not happen the first year, but it'll happen at some point and it's gonna hurt.

RazorbackNutt

Quote from: Master B on November 27, 2007, 08:02:58 am
Any skill position player besides a RB that follows Hootie is a fool.  I can't believe that these sorry programs fight over a piss poor coach like hootie.  Its quite incredible, its almost as if they have never watched any of our National TV games over the past 10 years.

I guess that the guys who hire coaches just aren't as smart as you, huh???  You should be our next coach, genius! 

arkjay19

hahahahahahahahahahaha.  Wow it's gonna be bad whenever he beats us.  It might not happen the first year, but it'll happen at some point and it's gonna hurt.

havok

"I love this Helmet.....   Insert Helmet Here!!!"

BentonHog

He will last 3 years, then his used car salesman shtick will wear off and people will see him for who he really is
"Press on: nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."             --Calvin Coolidge

Thrilbilly

Boy, Nutty rebounded a lot faster than we did!