Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strong rumors emerging...

Started by whatsshakinbacon, November 26, 2007, 11:22:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Red40

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on November 26, 2007, 11:43:13 pm
Why is it that everyone else can see him as a good coach but because he left Arkansas last year when demoted we see him as "not ready"?

Unbelievable. 

This is driving me crazy as well, Bacon.

SkunkyMunky

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on November 26, 2007, 11:22:48 pm
That Gus may be heading for greener pastures.  Expect to hear an announcement soon that a mid-major has hired him...as...head coach.

I'm telling you guys, someday we will be sorry.

Bacon out...

I agree... has he ever really failed at anything?
"Do you want to be safe and good, or do you want to take a chance and be great?"
Jimmy Johnson

"Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple."
Barry Switzer

arkblackknight

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Hoggish1

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on November 26, 2007, 11:26:47 pm
Usually one cannot determine a coach's potential based on one season at the college level but in Gus' case, I saw maturity and greatness in him last year as the Hogs' OC. I'll be shocked if he doesn't have a ton of success at the highest levels of college football before he's through with coaching.

Let Bill C. make him the OC.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Nap on November 26, 2007, 11:32:38 pm
This is what makes me sick.  I don't think there's that much of a "learning curve" to coaching college football.  You either have it or you don't.  I suspect that Gus has "it".  I would take him in a heartbeat here at Arkansas.

Unfortunately, he will be somewhere else.  If this school is seriously about healing the "divided" fanbase, they can't bring in a coach that some people will always associate with Houston Nutt's departure.  Besides, how awkward would it be for the current Razorback players who had to endure last year's soap opera, not to mention the ridicule they must have witnessed coming from the MSM directed at "High School" Malzahn.

Maybe someday, but I think Malzahn will do fine at a mid-major school, then maybe we can bring him in after about five seasons (assuming we are looking for someone else at some point down the road).

If we will be bringing someone in five years from now, we will be the lowest of the lows.  No more stupid hires.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Air It Out Gus on November 26, 2007, 11:32:40 pm
Why not BD as the head guy and Gus as the OC?

That's what I'm talking about!  Great recruiting, great defense and lights out O.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Pecos Hog on November 26, 2007, 11:33:08 pm
If we hire a more mature and experienced coach this time, say Jimmie Johnson, to turn this program around, we'd probably be needing another coach within 4 to 6 years due to his age.   At that time the door would be wide open for Gus at Arkansas.

But we have to hire the more experienced coach.  Like JJ or Switzer.  Will we do it?

Hoggish1

Quote from: I12PLAY on November 27, 2007, 12:36:02 am
wow a 9-3 record on that schedule we have next yr would be asking a lot!  I think Malzahn will not be our coach next yr.  But think he would be a good 1.  Heres a name for you to think about.

but i will take mike Leach at tt, Lane Kiffin at Oakland for sure, or Chris Peterson as espn just stated we are looking at!!!  All day long!  Guys those are 3 good coaches.  Why is noone considering Leavitt??  He competes with Fla, fla st and miami among others.  I would love to get some of those fla athletes instead of springdale players for recruits on board.  Go Hogs any of the 3 mentioned by espn i would not be disappointed with!!  we have a tough schedule for the next few yrs we cant afford to not bring in a stud coach. a dc will not get it forget the dc from oklahoma and forget the guy from lsu. we need a head coach.  The only guy i'd even consider as a coordinator for the head hog position would be Gus.  But we actually need a guy like Lane that is a proven recruiter.  That is the 1st time I've heard that name was on espn 10 minutes ago.  Go Hogs I hope we get Lane!

Even a stranger looking sideline guy than Nutt.

Lakeside54321

Quote from: Madhog2020 on November 26, 2007, 11:30:03 pm
He's going to be OC for Ole Miss under HDN :-)

That's funny..... I don't care who you are!

94 Hawg

if it is S. Miss it will be fun to watch him compete with nutt for recruits.

go gus!
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers