Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here's why Nutt to Ole Miss will be a nightmare for us..

Started by hogfanmatt72212, November 26, 2007, 10:44:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfanmatt72212

Recently we have counted on them for a victory. We  Blew them out the last couple years, and beat them in our down years.  So now Nutt goes over there with 1.) deep recruiting ties to Arkansas and texas. 2.) A tremendous amount of respect of their players and fanbase b/c at AR he keeps blowing them out and had much better success overall 3.) these alledged quality Orgeron recruits to start out with (he's proved he can win with someone elses) 4.) the desire and ego to stick it to arkansas 5.) A deeper recruiting base in Oxford b/c of their geographic proximaty to bigger numbers in speed & talent then what we have. 6.) getting a fresh start in a program with a little less tradition and expectation than ours but 10 years of SEC experience

we might get lucky and bring in a guy that can x&o better (MAYBE) or use timeouts smarter (MAYBE) but expect him to recruit better talent and expect his kids to immediatly start playing extremly hard for him.

I am not turning to the darkside now, I will stand behind whoever we get but I would predict Nutt beats us 8 out of the next 10 years if thats where he ends up.

bhuie

Matt, please put the crack pipe down and call 911 immediately!

zumhog

Jevon Snead is a good TB that just transferred from Texas to Ole Miss. Will be eligible next season.

HawgWyld

Quote from: hogfanmatt72212 on November 26, 2007, 10:44:31 pm
Recently we have counted on them for a victory. We  Blew them out the last couple years, and beat them in our down years.  So now Nutt goes over there with 1.) deep recruiting ties to Arkansas and texas. 2.) A tremendous amount of respect of their players and fanbase b/c at AR he keeps blowing them out and had much better success overall 3.) these alledged quality Orgeron recruits to start out with (he's proved he can win with someone elses) 4.) the desire and ego to stick it to arkansas 5.) A deeper recruiting base in Oxford b/c of their geographic proximaty to bigger numbers in speed & talent then what we have. 6.) getting a fresh start in a program with a little less tradition and expectation than ours but 10 years of SEC experience

we might get lucky and bring in a guy that can x&o better (MAYBE) or use timeouts smarter (MAYBE) but expect him to recruit better talent and expect his kids to immediatly start playing extremly hard for him.

I am not turning to the darkside now, I will stand behind whoever we get but I would predict Nutt beats us 8 out of the next 10 years if thats where he ends up.
If Nutt was the kind of coach who could take a program like the one Ole Miss has and beat anyone 8 times out of 10, he'd still have a job at Arkansas.

I'd love to see Nutt over there. Hell, they might create that rivalry we've been sorely lacking since joining the SEC.

LoseAnutt

the last place we want nutt is ole miss. half of his recruits will be arkansas kids.

budcampbellfan

nut may beat us the next 2 years because he left us with nothing and Ogeron (or whatever his name is) left them fairly well off recruiting wise for next year and following.  After that we should dominate him.   nut will be on his on.  He does not like to recruit and is not a good coach, will not hire quality staff. 
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

ballhog™

that one big win a year Nutt pulls out might be against us.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

budcampbellfan

Quote from: LoseAnutt on November 26, 2007, 10:47:25 pm
the last place we want nutt is ole miss. half of his recruits will be arkansas kids.
Last year the best Arkansas kids went elsewhere.  The year before that he ran the best off.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

Dugann

not on your or my life nutt will be fired in 3 years and not do shirtr at old miss.  cover smoke draw baby, or off tackel.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Justme

Quote from: budcampbellfan on November 26, 2007, 10:47:36 pm
nut may beat us the next 2 years because he left us with nothing and Ogeron (or whatever his name is) left them fairly well off recruiting wise for next year and following.  After that we should dominate him.   nut will be on his on.  He does not like to recruit and is not a good coach, will not hire quality staff. 
Very accurate.

LAHOGG

N HOG

I wouldn't be afraid of Dale at Ole Miss.

It's a tough place to recruit to in my opinion -- they still play Dixie at the games!!!!

His only help of success there is if he finds an assistant to coerce him out of his junior high offense -- and that's not likely.

Nap

Quote from: zumhog on November 26, 2007, 10:46:37 pm
Jevon Snead is a good TB that just transferred from Texas to Ole Miss. Will be eligible next season.

He was recruited by Texas as a QB, was he not?  Is he changing positions?
I still can't believe that Fuzzy's is gone...

johnsonswitch

Maybe...but I think it would be more like an even series over ten years. But can you imagine HDN coaching until he's sixty?

3pigsinafountain

Nutt is about to find out all the things done to help him at Ar will not be available at OM.  Nutt could only go 4-4 in a down year in the SEC with the best backfield in the country.  He may think he is a heck of a coach, but he is about to find out the difference in being good and being in the right place at the right time.  Dmac, Hillis, Matt Jones level athletes are few and far between anywhere, and especialy at a place like OM.

HawgWyld

Quote from: Ar_Hog on November 26, 2007, 10:49:48 pm
You've obviously been listening to too much Rick.

Is this you Rick???
How so? I doubt Rick often points out that Nutt is just an average, run-of-the-mill coach. Read that post again.

There is no way Nutt could head to Ole Miss and turn that doormat of a program into a bunch of world beaters. Won't happen. Again, if he did possess that kind of coaching ability, he'd still be here at Arkansas.

mtnrazorhog

Not hard to stop a team when most of the arkansas fanbase can tell  you what play they are about to run.
GO HOGS!

hogfanmatt72212

one thing that Nutt has been good at aside from the loss of Lee Ziemba is recruiting and motiviating. People point out the few in state recruits we recently lost and there might have been a qb or 2 mixed in their that thought Mitch Mustain was the qb of the future that left. He might just have the ark coaching contacts to pull a Shawn Andrews or Dmac from ark to Ole miss, just my guess.  I guess he can always say "I coached there, their fans are tough, their message boards are tough, look what I have done here so far (around 2010)"

BenClevelandFan

I will stand behind whoever we get but I would predict Nutt beats us 8 out of the next 10 years if thats where he ends up.
I predict that you will be removed from this board for not matching the intelligence of Hogville's test monkey Corky.

The Realist

Jevan Snead is a 5 star QB.
Nutt will beat us if he is there for one reason other than talented recruits from orgeron.  He has proven he can get his team up for one game a year.  He will get his team motivated for us and believing they can beat us.  It seems Ole Miss teams seem to think they didnt believe they could beat us lately.  That will change
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

hogfanmatt72212

i just don't think we can put a coach out there to compete with Nutt at olemiss. He's going to take Orgerons recruits and go to about 4 or 6 SEC championship games in 10 years. I just got that sick feeling in my gut

Rsvlhog

I fear no team the wonder weasel coaches. As for going there with deep Arkansas recruiting ties what have you been smoking? He didn't have that while he was here. Do you not remember why he was forced to hire Gus? He couldn't get the recruits next door to him without hiring him. All he had to do is let his assistants do their job and ride along and he proved too stupid to do that. This is what everyone who refers to the hole in the fence is talking about.
Quote from: threeNout

I still have images of JFB, holding a shotgun behind Altman, ala Deliverance,

"Go on boy, you call them Hogs, you call 'em good"

Tusks

man this room is smooookey.........pass to the left please.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HawgWyld

Quote from: hogfanmatt72212 on November 26, 2007, 11:16:46 pm
i just don't think we can put a coach out there to compete with Nutt at olemiss. He's going to take Orgerons recruits and go to about 4 or 6 SEC championship games in 10 years. I just got that sick feeling in my gut
Why? Why, all of the sudden, will Nutt be able to compete at Ole Miss when he averaged 4-4 conference records at Arkansas?

Seriously, why?

hayesnjess

What great recruits do you think he is going to get.  He couldn't get the top Arkansas recruits to come to ARKANSAS.  Now you think miraculously he can recruit them to Old Piss.
Quote from: Arkapigdiesel on June 01, 2008, 02:13:24 pm
Cornhole her when she's on the leg curl machine.  She will know you mean business then.

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

Donny2665

Ole Miss--- Arkansas, Ole Miss--- Arkansas, Its not a hard choice for a recruit, why would anyone go to Ole Miss? Without a top named Head Coach, Old Miss will still be Ole Miss, Arkansas will have the better named Head Coach by Far.
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

HawgWyld

Quote from: hayesnjess on November 26, 2007, 11:19:16 pm
What great recruits do you think he is going to get.  He couldn't get the top Arkansas recruits to come to ARKANSAS.  Now you think miraculously he can recruit them to Old Piss.
Yes, Nutt will -- all of the sudden -- head over to Ole Miss (the perennial doormat of the SEC West) and do miraculous things. Odd thought, huh?

hogfanmatt72212

Quote from: hayesnjess on November 26, 2007, 11:19:16 pm
Quote from: Hackett Hog Fan on November 26, 2007, 11:21:00 pm
Ole Miss--- Arkansas, Ole Miss--- Arkansas, Its not a hard choice for a recruit, why would anyone go to Ole Miss? Without a top named Head Coach, Old Miss will still be Ole Miss, Arkansas will have the better named Head Coach by Far.

lets be fair though, his last couple of years opposing coaches were using alot of message board poop against him. when he got here he could recruit and someone post for me all his NFL guys compared to other sec schools

Donny2665

Quote from: hogfanmatt72212 on November 26, 2007, 11:22:30 pm
lets be fair though, his last couple of years opposing coaches were using alot of message board poop against him. when he got here he could recruit and someone post for me all his NFL guys compared to other sec schools

What top named recruit did he ever recruit to Arkansas?
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

EastexHawg

Stop...you're scaring me!

LOL.

Scared of Nutt?  The only thing I'm scared of tonight is RUNNING OUT OF CHAMPAGNE!!!

elkhog

I think what will be interesting to see is whether he hires an OC or decides to be his own OC again.
GO HOGS!!!

hayesnjess

Quote from: hogfanmatt72212 on November 26, 2007, 11:22:30 pm

That would be an acceptable reason for poor recruiting except that everything they were posting on the boards about him was true.  He even said himself he wants to coach at a school that can recruit itself.
Cornhole her when she's on the leg curl machine.  She will know you mean business then.

hillhog

I seem to recall that the report was that Ark didn't get any of the top 250 recruits last year. Maybe the new coach can crack that vault open.

hogfanmatt72212

Quote from: Hackett Hog Fan on November 26, 2007, 11:24:14 pm
What top named recruit did he ever recruit to Arkansas?

I know how you message board geeks are. whatever name I post you're going to say "oh he wanted to be a hog all his life no matter who the coach"

well theres plenty of kids in mississippi that grew up thinking that about the rebs, thats why the sucky Orgeron landed a couple good classes. He has some good relations with Ark and TExas higschool coaches too. don't worry , you'll see in due time my friend.

hayesnjess

Read off those top 10 recruiting classes Nutty kept bringing in.  His biggest recruit was DMac who was coming here even if all they had was intramural football.

hogfanmatt72212

Quote from: hayesnjess on November 26, 2007, 11:30:08 pm
Read off those top 10 recruiting classes Nutty kept bringing in.  His biggest recruit was DMac who was coming here even if all they had was intramural football.

well how highly sought after was Hillis? what about Felix? wasn't he about like finding a needle in a haystack? not too mention all the good Offensive and D lineman they have brought in and further developed. He is good at not necessarly landing a bunch of 5stars b/c after all, they have that negative opinion of little ole hill billy arkansas, but finding 2 and 3's that have heart and work ethic; see Jamal Anderson

LWofBB

Let Mustain NOT be Gary Brashears...AND do we really care so much now about the PAST? I'm beginning to wonder if most people on this site are over 21...  Nutt's G-O-N-E; can we just move on? I don't want him in the SEC either, for obvious reasons (dissing Matt notwithstanding).

HammyHawg

ark30inf

Rest easy.  Here are some reasons why.....

1) The soap opera fallout is going to follow Nutt to Ole Miss.  The emails and newspaper articles will still be laminated for recruits and momma...they will just be used against Ole Miss now instead of us.

2) Arkansas has one real competitor for Texas recruits who want to play in the SEC.  That competitor is LSU.  In a couple of years Arkansas will be playing one game per year in Jerry Jones Grand Texas Football Temple.  Recruits from Texas will be able to play a big game at home in front of momma indoors.  LSU will not be able to offer that.  Ole Miss?  Ole Miss?  Nobody in Dallas gives Ole Miss a thought.  Ole Miss has zero recruiting presence there.

3) Nutt is leaving without a really good Arkansas recruiting network to take with him.  He was not able to retain Arkansas recruits as Arkansas....it will be much harder as Ole Miss.

4) In Mississippi itself Nutt will be competing with a resurgent Croom.  He will also have competition from USM and Memphis depending on who they get as coach.  Beyond the local competitors he is surrounded by better programs who poach in Mississippi like Alabama.

5) Ole Miss still has the remnants of the 1960's hanging over their head.  Sylvester Croom or Colonel Rebel? 

The deal is, we are going to be fine.  Nutt may beat his recruits with Orgeron's recruits (or not) but he is not going to be able to establish some sort of long term dominance and he is not going to be able to change the essential Ole Miss recruiting problems.

ark30inf

Quote from: hogfanmatt72212 on November 26, 2007, 11:34:57 pm
well how highly sought after was Hillis? what about Felix? wasn't he about like finding a needle in a haystack? not too mention all the good Offensive and D lineman they have brought in and further developed. He is good at not necessarly landing a bunch of 5stars b/c after all, they have that negative opinion of little ole hill billy arkansas, but finding 2 and 3's that have heart and work ethic; see Jamal Anderson

Hillis was widely recognized as something special.  Tennessee made a big play for him for one.

N HOG

ark30inf

Quote from: hillhog on November 26, 2007, 11:28:00 pm
I seem to recall that the report was that Ark didn't get any of the top 250 recruits last year. Maybe the new coach can crack that vault open.

Jerry Jones and Texas A&M are going to do that.  We will be able to offer Dallas recruits a game at home each year in the magnificent glitter-dome in front of momma.  LSU will not be able to offer that.  Oklahoma will be able to offer Fair Park and we will offer Arlington.  We will see how we do.

N HOG

Quote from: ark30inf on November 26, 2007, 11:50:50 pm
Jerry Jones and Texas A&M are going to do that.  We will be able to offer Dallas recruits a game at home each year in the magnificent glitter-dome in front of momma.  LSU will not be able to offer that.  Oklahoma will be able to offer Fair Park and we will offer Arlington.  We will see how we do.

That is going to be a huge gift that Jerry Jones has given us -- much appreciated.

hayesnjess

Quote from: hogfanmatt72212 on November 26, 2007, 11:34:57 pm

Felix was recruited.  I'll give him that.  Hillis signed during the Nebraska fiasco remember.  I believe when his uncle was asked if Peyton would follow Nutt to Nebraska, he said that would be like being from the south and fighting for the north in the civil war.  Not much recruiting effort there.  As far as poor lil ole Arkisaw, top 20 recruiting classes at the football powerhouses of South Carolina, North Carolina, and Illinois.  The school doesn't recruit, the coach does.

RickyRoma

Quote from: BenClevelandFan on November 26, 2007, 11:08:15 pm
I predict that you will be removed from this board for not matching the intelligence of Hogville's test monkey Corky.

roflmao...Damn that monkey!

hogfanmatt72212

Quote from: N HOG on November 26, 2007, 11:51:44 pm
That is going to be a huge gift that Jerry Jones has given us -- much appreciated.

that is an interesting thought. Jerry jones must have known about this beforehand and put this series together. remember he's a big booster. he must look in to his crystal ball and see we will need all the texas exposure and old swc rivarly games we can get b/c we headed downhill without our Nuttster

YUHatin

I totally agree!

MajorHog

that game with the Ags is going to be a huge gift to Arkansas recruiting.  how will Old Miss match that?

You will salute these Hog Clusters, Mister!

Hate'em?  Tell'em so!

www.HornHater.com - an official sponsor of Hogville.net

ckhawgu

At least we'll all be able to relay the play calls to the defense from the stands when we play Nutt's team! DOH!

ark30inf

Quote from: MajorHog on November 26, 2007, 11:57:37 pm
that game with the Ags is going to be a huge gift to Arkansas recruiting.  how will Old Miss match that?

Lol, Ole Miss isn't even in that game.  LSU is the big loser in that one with Oklahoma the second loser and Texas being irked.  You can't get much better than that.  Jerry Jones is a wily Razorback devil.