Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All posts about Lane Kiffin go here [merged threads]

Started by BigHog396, November 26, 2007, 03:03:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HotGrits

I think this would be a great hire and would put us ahead of the game as far as SEC coaches are concerned. This is a guy who's got "it"....yes the same "it" so many people say Gus has but Kiffin has the experience at top tier universities that Gus doesn't. I feel like he or TT should be our #1 target.
I\'m just a clever visual metaphor that personafies the concept of abstract thought.

rococco

Happy remember that Callahan also attempted to bring in an offense was completely against husker tradition and recruiting base. I think it's fair to say that Kiffin won't do that.
Hogville is watching...

mossfan33

Just tell me this.......... why would he come here
Go HG Hornets. STL Cardinals.  Packers.  Tar Heels  Hogs

Hawg_Heaven

Quote from: mossfan33 on November 27, 2007, 01:59:44 pm

That is the problem that I am having. Why only after one year are you wanting to leave the NFL? Then again, who really thought Saban was going to Bama?

ark30inf

Fine with me.  Would give him the chance.

Hawg_Heaven

Quote from: mossfan33 on November 27, 2007, 01:59:44 pm

That is the problem that I am having. Why only after one year are you wanting to leave the NFL? Then again, who really thought Saban was going to Bama?

tcolinm

That is a question mark for me too, but i dont see Joe Schad, or however you spell it, reporting that he was interested if he wasn't. His dad was DC for Holtz from 77-80 and i think Al Davis has pissed him off just like every other Oak Coach.

fishes2000

Would rather have Kiffin than another Jack Crowe (a coordinator with no head coaching experience). Did we not learn anything from Crowe and Stan Heath.

Happy Hogger

Kiffin may be a great choice, I was just pointing out that some of these sexy hires are not so sound in the long run and reacting to the smart remark by the poster--who by the way may be giving Kiffin credit for being the benefactor of being in a good program and a benefactor of the prior offensive coordinator Nrom Chow.

LAHOGG

Quote from: BigE_23 on November 27, 2007, 01:01:02 pm
No that would be Norm Chow, who is now at the Tennessee Titans

Kiffin was a position coach at that time, I think QB coach (Palmer and Leinart= Heisman)

Dude!  Chow was not the OC in 05'.  How many times must I post this.  Check his bio!!!!!! Kiffin was OC both times they played us.

huntindoc

Quote from: Hawg_Heaven on November 27, 2007, 02:01:09 pm

If Al Davis were my boss I'd consider it. 

hd

The_Hill

Quote from: Hawg_Heaven on November 27, 2007, 02:00:34 pm
Lou Holtz came to Arkansas after one dismal 3-10 season with the NY Jets which is about the same as kiffin is having with the Raiders. This is our chance to become a national power again! Send everything you got at Lane and hope to God he bites.
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

jcmojica23

Kiffin would be a great hire.  Lets go after him!

DrSwineESQ

I love the idea of Kiffin. This is the most exciting name I've heard yet.  And why wouldn't he come here?  After a sluggish year at Oakland under an unrealistic taskmaster like Al Davis, he might have figured out that his days with Oakland are numbered.  I hope this is true, I think he'd be a great fit.       

hawaiianhogster

Ex OC at USC under Carrol? If that is the one I would be happy to give him a few years to prove himself. I'm not picky. Just bring in someone who has the potential to take us to the next level.

BigHog396

Quote from: Bubbas Bruisers on November 27, 2007, 11:48:16 am
Besides JJ, Kiffin might be at the top of my list...probably not realistic though.  Gus would be up there too.  I say let's take a chance on Gus if we can't get Kiffin, Petrino, Davis or TT.
What's not realistic about it?  It has been reported by ESPN, and I know that he has shown interest in the job.  I don't know if it was UofA that contacted him, if he contacted the us, or if he has just let it be known that he is interested... but trust me, there have already been conversations with people VERY involved in the situation.

HuntingtonBeachHawg

Quote from: U.P.  HOGG on November 27, 2007, 01:42:32 pm
I'll take arrogant and sob if he wins SEC championships and BCS bowl games.

Lane Kiffin has won a SEC championship?  Really?  And, in what BCS bowl game did he serve as head coach? 

hog_fan

Quote from: HuntingtonBeachHawg on November 28, 2007, 01:26:39 pm
Lane Kiffin has won a SEC championship?  Really?  And, in what BCS bowl game did he serve as head coach? 

Read it again. he said IF