Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Font Page at Baton Rouge!!!

Started by Sir Squeal-A-Lot, November 25, 2007, 07:43:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squeal-A-Lot

The front page of the Baton Rouge paper this morning...

Matt Flynn sobbed in the hallway behind the chute leading to the Tiger Stadium playing field. Then the LSU quarterback was gone, disappearing inside a closed locker room with teammates to begin absorbing the most painful defeat of their college football careers.
beating the yellow laundry on the field seems to be a common practice in the SEC!!!

FT LNG CHILI HOG

Quote from: Sir Squeal-A-Lot on November 25, 2007, 07:43:35 am

Matt Flynn sobbed in the hallway behind the chute leading to the Tiger Stadium playing field. Then the LSU quarterback was gone, disappearing inside a closed locker room with teammates to begin absorbing the most painful defeat of their college football careers.
Good!

VoR

I hate to say, but really it serves them right for all that, we're the best team in the SEC bs they tried hand out last year, it's called payback.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: VoR on November 25, 2007, 07:48:57 am
I hate to say, but really it serves them right for all that, we're the best team in the SEC bs they tried hand out last year, it's called payback.

"We have the distinct impression that we may be the best team in the West," Miles said. "The West Division champion is the Arkansas team. I'm not certain who the best is."   

Dixie Chicken

If there's one thing I cannot stand it's grown men crying over a football game.  I don't care if you lost the chance to play for a national championship or lost the superbowl there's no place for that. It's a game, and to other's a job, but either way leave the tears at home.

tbp59

Tammany Tom

Quote from: Dixie Chicken on November 25, 2007, 08:16:41 am
If there's one thing I cannot stand it's grown men crying over a football game.  I don't care if you lost the chance to play for a national championship or lost the superbowl there's no place for that. It's a game, and to other's a job, but either way leave the tears at home.

Either you have never played any meaningful, organized sports in your life or you are one heartless and emotionless person. One or the other.

I have played football and have seen many fellow teammates cry including myself and I sure as hell am not ashamed of it. When you pour your heart and soul into a goal and come up short the emotions just have a way of coming out sometimes. The sacrifice and commitment it takes to play any major sport today is something many people just cannot comprehend. The price that these players pay to give you pleasure is something some never will or can understand.

Sports are extremely emotional and that is why the Wide World of Sports used the phrase "The thrill of Victory and the Agony of Defeat" for so many years. It is pure agony when you put your heart and soul into a common goal with fellow teammates and fall short.

Dixie Chicken

Quote from: Tammany Tom on November 25, 2007, 08:28:06 am
Either you have never played any meaningful, organized sports in your life or you are one heartless and emotionless person. One or the other.

I have played football and have seen many fellow teammates cry including myself and I sure as hell am not ashamed of it. When you pour your heart and soul into a goal and come up short the emotions just have a way of coming out sometimes. The sacrifice and commitment it takes to play any major sport today is something many people just cannot comprehend. The price that these players pay to give you pleasure is something some never will or can understand.

Sports are extremely emotional and that is why the Wide World of Sports used the phrase "The thrill of Victory and the Agony of Defeat" for so many years. It is pure agony when you put your heart and soul into a common goal with fellow teammates and fall short.

First of all I'm not saying there's anything wrong with crying, far from it actually. I just think anyone that could find themselves blubbering like a baby because they lost a football game is incredibly short sighted. I've played organized sports (but I guess you don't think that was meaningful enough, but I never for a second thought that a baseball, or basketball game was a big enough deal to cry over.

If you want to cry at work, join the marines and watch some of your best friends get blown up just for trying to do their job. If you want to cry at work become an Doctor/EMT and watch some poor kid die on a table when you know he could have been saved if circumstances had been different.

Cry when your Mom dies. Cry whe your children are born. Cry when there's nothing you can do to help a friend who desperately needs it.

Don't cry because you lost a football game.

The Boar War

Quote from: VoR on November 25, 2007, 07:48:57 am

It seems like Fridays game might have started an actual rivalry with LSU.

El Dogg Hog

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on November 25, 2007, 08:06:54 am
"We have the distinct impression that we may be the best team in the West," Miles said. "The West Division champion is the Arkansas team. I'm not certain who the best is."  

I wish Hootie or DMAC would have said something like this, preferably after they told Miles how to say Arkansas properly. How sweet it is to make that prick eat his own words.

hogchic2001

It is pay back.  I'm just glad Nutt didn't say they owed him that one.
Go HOGS Go!

Blue35

Pignutx32

Quote from: The Boar War on November 25, 2007, 08:49:21 am
It seems like Fridays game might have started an actual rivalry with LSU.

I don't know about rivalry....probably a lot more hate has been started.  Next year will be a lot worse for us so we might need to make plans to go see the boot soon...who knows when we will get to see it again!

happyhawgal

Quote from: tbp59 on November 25, 2007, 08:17:43 am
Nutt cries after losses too.

and right before he throws someone under the bus.
WPS!!
NewDay
NewAttitude
NewIdentity
NewYear

Sir Squeal-A-Lot

Quote from: Pignutx32 on November 25, 2007, 09:09:56 am
I don't know about rivalry....probably a lot more hate has been started.  Next year will be a lot worse for us so we might need to make plans to go see the boot soon...who knows when we will get to see it again!

oh snap, you are right!!!

:razorback:
beating the yellow laundry on the field seems to be a common practice in the SEC!!!

jdevers

Wait, we want football players to leave everything on the field.  To put in every last bit of emotion and effort, yet when all that emotion on the field is for naught and the frustration comes out and they tear up we call them blubbering idiots?  You know, people cry for LOTS of reasons.  This isn't like crying watching children or soldiers die, it is more like the crying you see at a wedding or when people look at 20 year old videos of their children when they were babies.  Not the same emotion of course, but highly related.  Matt Flynn BELIEVED they would be playing in the title game, that belief came crashing down around him on Friday and that built up emotion from the game itself plus all those shattered dreams resulted in a few tears.  Well, big deal, if anything it shows he is a decent guy...

Dr Swineglove

How sweet it is to pee on LSU's tea party.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

The Hawg Marshal

Nothing wrong with being emotional. Some people are some aren't it's no crime.

jimmur74

Quote from: Dixie Chicken on November 25, 2007, 08:36:29 am

I take it you have never played in any meaningful sports games?
I also take it you have no heart or feeling?

secfan30

He was crying because he gave everything he had to succeed and he failed. When a person fails emotion takes over. In this case he cried. I have seen many young men cry after a hard fought physically and emotionally taxing game. I did not, I punched a wall and broke my hand, wish I would have cried.

jdelo77

We just got back from baton rouge last night, i bought 2 copies of newspaper there, before we left, we ate breakfast and alot of lsu fans were questioning the play calling from there side of the ball, that stadium was the loudest enviorment i have ever been in , the stadium shook when there fans cheered, that being said  i heard all the horror stories about lsu and their fans, and aside  hearing tiger bait and from my girlfriend getting spit on and about 5 of us arkansas boys going after him!!  there fans were great they shook our hands and said good game and that was it , it was a trip i will not soon forget, and one im happy i went on!! :razorback:
Go Hogs!!!!  lets go to the cotton bowl boys and girls!!!

HoggySTruman

Quote from: jdelow77 on November 25, 2007, 10:05:31 am
We just got back from baton rouge last night, i bought 2 copies of newspaper there, before we left, we ate breakfast and alot of lsu fans were questioning the play calling from there side of the ball, that stadium was the loudest enviorment i have ever been in , the stadium shook when there fans cheered, that being said  i heard all the horror stories about lsu and their fans, and aside  hearing tiger bait and from my girlfriend getting spit on and about 5 of us arkansas boys going after him!!  there fans were great they shook our hands and said good game and that was it , it was a trip i will not soon forget, and one im happy i went on!! :razorback:
Go Hogs!!!!  lets go to the cotton bowl boys and girls!!!

you go.....cotton=medicore

jgphillips3

Corey Beck used to cry after losses.  That is the kind of player that propels you from competitive to greatness.  If you aren't playing the game with all your heart and all your soul, then get off the field.  I am more impressed by the young man now than before.  If he hurt that deeply, that proves he is not some arrogant SOB and has some depth as a person.  I wish our ENTIRE team was the same way.  You go Matt Flynn.

That said, I am glad we got to ruin their NC run just like they torpedoed us last year.  Even if they were the walking wounded and not the same team that took the field in September.

Hogphilia

First of all I'm not saying there's anything wrong with crying, far from it actually. I just think anyone that could find themselves blubbering like a baby because they lost a football game is incredibly short sighted. I've played organized sports (but I guess you don't think that was meaningful enough, but I never for a second thought that a baseball, or basketball game was a big enough deal to cry over.

If you want to cry at work, join the marines and watch some of your best friends get blown up just for trying to do their job. If you want to cry at work become an Doctor/EMT and watch some poor kid die on a table when you know he could have been saved if circumstances had been different.

Cry when your Mom dies. Cry whe your children are born. Cry when there's nothing you can do to help a friend who desperately needs it.

How 'bout crying on national TV when you win a fb game????  Nutty did it on Friday and does it quite often.

Hogs-n-Roses

Tammany, you seem to be a knowledgeable fan and have some good input which I welcome ,I agree with your assessment whole heartedly. I wish the other 99% of you guys fan base had the same class.I am amazed at how obnoxious your fans were to me and mine the other day.It happens every year and we just walk on and don't respond. This year was different. Post game a 19year old punk walked up to me with that Tigerbait deal and I responded with the fact that today he was Tiger droppings. All in the area rushed to his defense and it nearly got very nasty.I hope some of your aura rubs off on them all. There were many instances reported in the stands between fans and most just blow it off. It is to the point where most of us either won't or don't take their families. No one is scared we just don't subject our families to the harassment.

navy_hawg

I have to agree with Tom on this one.  I played football all the way to the college level (not at U of A, at Southern Miss) and I have spent the last 20 years of my life in the military.  So I know a little something about emotion.  And I am not saying that you never played an organized sport, but I have the feeling that you never put your heart and soul into it only to lose what you and your teammates worked for.  I lost my brother on the USS Stark in 1987.  In 1988, I quit college because it didn't make much sense to me any more and I joined the Navy.  So I know about loss.  I truly like Matt Flynn because he has done it with class and it hurts to lose you dream.

Sir Squeal-A-Lot

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on November 25, 2007, 10:17:57 am
Tammany, you seem to be a knowledgeable fan and have some good input which I welcome ,I agree with your assessment whole heartedly. I wish the other 99% of you guys fan base had the same class.I am amazed at how obnoxious your fans were to me and mine the other day.It happens every year and we just walk on and don't respond. This year was different. Post game a 19year old punk walked up to me with that Tigerbait deal and I responded with the fact that today he was Tiger droppings. All in the area rushed to his defense and it nearly got very nasty.I hope some of your aura rubs off on them all. There were many instances reported in the stands between fans and most just blow it off. It is to the point where most of us either won't or don't take their families. No one is scared we just don't subject our families to the harassment.

The saddest part of this, is that most of the times this happens between ADULTS!!!
Its like being back in highschool or something...

I was at the South Carolina game in Fayetteville... Everyone around us was in complete Hog gear, except this one guy, he was wearing his Gamecocks hat and shirt... But I never heard ANYONE give him a hard time, and especially SPIT on him, or pour a drink down him, like I've heard about from others that was at this LSU game!!!

What happened to just being NICE to people...

Like my parents always said, and what I try to teach my son, if you cant say something nice, just keep your mouth closed!!! DONT SAY ANYTHING...

I understand we push buttons alot, but its all in fun, but there is a fine line!!!

Calling All Hogs

All I know is that Les Miles is the head coach. I know this because the dumb arse kept yelling it during the game. "I am the head coach".
Les rivals Nutt sometimes when it comes to stupid comments (like R-Kansas). Not saying he beats Nutt. Nutt has an uncanny ability to stay focused on being stupid.

Sir Squeal-A-Lot

Quote from: CallMeHog on November 25, 2007, 10:39:52 am
All I know is that Les Miles is the head coach. I know this because the dumb arse kept yelling it during the game. "I am the head coach".
Les rivals Nutt sometimes when it comes to stupid comments (like R-Kansas). Not saying he beats Nutt. Nutt has an uncanny ability to stay focused on being stupid.

HAHAHAHAH

I have been waiting for someone to talk about this... We saw this too... I was laughing so hard when he was on the side of the field, yelling at the ref, "I am the head coach!!!"...
It was some funny stuff...

Tammany Tom

We have a lot of very generous, wonderful, giving fans that will give the other team's fans food, hospitality, beer, cokes, or anything they have at their tailgate. However, we have others, especially younger fans, that can be quite obnoxious.

The tigerbait chant is a very old LSU tradition. It has been around for a lot longer than I have been alive and I am in my 40's. It is supposed to be in fun, but we have some fans that just take it overboard. I have seen lots of fans yell tigerbait to an opposing fan and then immediately afterward offer them food or a drink. I have seen some get in people's faces and keep yelling it. Usually when that occurs someone will get on the LSU fan, but sometimes there are just other younger, drunk fans around and it gets a little out of hand. It's these few fans that give all of us decent LSU fans a bad name.

I go to 5-6 home games every year and usually 2 away games every year. I see a lot more generosity from LSU fans than I do obnoxious behavior, but if you are an opposing team fan and you just so happen to be the one person that gets confronted by a jerk then that is all you remember about LSU and your experience. I'm sorry that it happened to you.

We get a lot more good stories posted by opposing fans than we do bad ones, but everyone always chooses to remember the bad ones.

I have been to every SEC team but Kentucky and I can say that I have experienced mostly good behavior, but have seen quite a bit of poor behavior from opposing team's fans. You have no idea how bad Ole Miss fans treat LSU fans in Oxford. They can be nice to every other fan base in the conference, but to us they are beyond rude. Alabama fans can be very rude and obnoxious to LSU fans, but on the whole they are mostly nice. Florida fans can get out of hand doing the whole Gator bait thing just like LSU fans can. I have seen some very poor behavior by Arkansas fans toward LSU fans in Little Rock. However, most fans are really very nice, good people and I always try to keep things in the proper perspective.

Anyway, congrats, again on the win!

jkstock04

Do you really expect anything different?  Its LSU.  I wouldn't walk in there with Razorback gear on for anything.  Why you ask?  Cause after about five minutes I'd get in a fight and get thrown in jail.  Not worth it in my book. 

I'll say this too...when visiting fans are coming into one of our stadiums...I always treat them with respect...UNLESS its Alabama fans or LSU fans.  I have no problem giving them hell when they walk into our stadium....for obvious reasons.  My experience is that even the gray haired folks are rude.  I know two wrongs don't make a right but this is they way I feel about it.  I've had my experiences with Alabama and LSU fans to say the least.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ark30inf

Quote from: Blue35 on November 25, 2007, 09:09:45 am
Pay back is hell!

LSU deserved it.  Dissing us last year.....mispronouncing the state.  Is it a rivalry yet?  Huh?  Is it a rivalry yet?

Tammany Tom

Quote from: Sir Squeal-A-Lot on November 25, 2007, 10:44:08 am
HAHAHAHAH

I have been waiting for someone to talk about this... We saw this too... I was laughing so hard when he was on the side of the field, yelling at the ref, "I am the head coach!!!"...
It was some funny stuff...

LSU received 2 sideline warnings from the refs. The warnings were because Miles was yelling at the refs about a couple of calls. The head coach can communicate with officials, but no one else on the sideline. That is why he was yelling he was the head coach, because of the warnings.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Tammany Tom on November 25, 2007, 10:49:14 am
We have a lot of very generous, wonderful, giving fans that will give the other team's fans food, hospitality, beer, cokes, or anything they have at their tailgate. However, we have others, especially younger fans, that can be quite obnoxious.

The tigerbait chant is a very old LSU tradition. It has been around for a lot longer than I have been alive and I am in my 40's. It is supposed to be in fun, but we have some fans that just take it overboard. I have seen lots of fans yell tigerbait to an opposing fan and then immediately afterward offer them food or a drink. I have seen some get in people's faces and keep yelling it. Usually when that occurs someone will get on the LSU fan, but sometimes there are just other younger, drunk fans around and it gets a little out of hand. It's these few fans that give all of us decent LSU fans a bad name.

I go to 5-6 home games every year and usually 2 away games every year. I see a lot more generosity from LSU fans than I do obnoxious behavior, but if you are an opposing team fan and you just so happen to be the one person that gets confronted by a jerk then that is all you remember about LSU and your experience. I'm sorry that it happened to you.

We get a lot more good stories posted by opposing fans than we do bad ones, but everyone always chooses to remember the bad ones.

I have been to every SEC team but Kentucky and I can say that I have experienced mostly good behavior, but have seen quite a bit of poor behavior from opposing team's fans. You have no idea how bad Ole Miss fans treat LSU fans in Oxford. They can be nice to every other fan base in the conference, but to us they are beyond rude. Alabama fans can be very rude and obnoxious to LSU fans, but on the whole they are mostly nice. Florida fans can get out of hand doing the whole Gator bait thing just like LSU fans can. I have seen some very poor behavior by Arkansas fans toward LSU fans in Little Rock. However, most fans are really very nice, good people and I always try to keep things in the proper perspective.

Anyway, congrats, again on the win!

I have had it happen on each trip and have been many times in a row, heck I was going to games in that stadium for years before we joined the conference.I lived in Lafayette ,worked offshore and that's what we did on many off weeks.I do see the generous ones you speak of but I have seen and many others as well have seen much more of the ugly. I also have been to all of the SEC venues as well as many others outside the SEC. What I've seen work is what South Carolina fans did last year, they police themselves. When their fans are being jerks and carrying it to far they stop it themselves.I know each school has its few idiots and we certainly do too. I just see it on a much larger scale there.

Tammany Tom

Quote from: ark30inf on November 25, 2007, 10:55:02 am
LSU deserved it.  Dissing us last year.....mispronouncing the state.  Is it a rivalry yet?  Huh?  Is it a rivalry yet?

How did LSU diss you last year? We were simply better than you last year.

LSU didn't mispronounce your name, Les Miles did. LSU fans think he was an idiot for doing so.

It is a very competitive game between two western division teams. Rivalries take a long time to develop. A very long time. Is it a very important game? Absolutely. This game is still way to young to become a meaningful rivalry for LSU. Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, and Florida are still ahead of Arkansas in the rivalry pecking order. LSU does not have a "true" rival and may never. You never know, however, if one may develop. It will take a lot more than one or two games. 

Sir Squeal-A-Lot

Quote from: Tammany Tom on November 25, 2007, 11:01:29 am

LSU didn't mispronounce your name, Les Miles did. LSU fans think he was an idiot for doing so.

It is a very competitive game between two western division teams. Rivalries take a long time to develop. A very long time. Is it a very important game? Absolutely. This game is still way to young to become a meaningful rivalry for LSU. Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, and Florida are still ahead of Arkansas in the rivalry pecking order. LSU does not have a "true" rival and may never. You never know, however, if one may develop. It will take a lot more than one or two games. 

I would think, because of the trophy (the boot), we would be automatically rivals!!!

Maybe Im confused at what the term "rival" is!!! (shrugs)

IronHog

Last year's LSU team should be remembered as one of the greatest underachieving teams in the history of college football.  They had superior talent at every position and bumbled their way to a BCS bowl win over a DII team.

Took many a fumble and unforced error for that team not to win the NC.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Tejano Jawg

I'm sure every Hog fan remembers how WE felt after our game with LSU last year. No, it ain't good.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Inguinal_Orchiectomy

Well after looking at his completely non-expressive look the entire game, it's good to see he cares. He makes Matt Jones look like Will Muschamp on the field.

I am the answer.

Mr. Prozac

Tammany Tom:

I agree with your assessment of the crying. I'm sure he felt like he let the team and fans down. A goal they had all worked toward for years was gone.

There are obnoxious fans everywhere. I've even seen Arkansas fans behave in a manner that embarassed me--but the overwhelming majority are well-behaved, and my experience with LSU fans is the same (but I have to admit, some of the obnoxious ones are VERY obnoxious).

So far as the "getting dissed" is concerned: The comments Miles made last year about LSU being the best team in the West despite not being champions hit a nerve. He may have believed it (and it may have been true) but you have to admit it's understandable that Arkansas fans took it as a slap. The Ar-Kansas comment was interpreted the same--as a slap at our Team. Perhaps it was an accident, I don't know, but I do believe it served as "bulletin board" material.

Regarding the "rivalry": I agree that it will take more time, but games like the past two, where there was so much on the line, speed the process. I don't know if it will ever develop into a true rivalry or not (it's been too one-sided), but if our two teams continue to beat each other up on the last weekend of the regular season--to cause pain for the opposing team and fans, then there's a chance. The problem with this is that there's a good chance in any given year that Alabama or Auburn could be at the top of the West--thus making our game less important and making the process take even longer. We'll see.

WindyCityHog

You're good people Tammany.

You are part of what's good about college football.

I can't stand HDN....but even I was offended when Miles intentionally mispronounced the name of the state....that was juvenile and served no purpose.

The LSU fans I have met personally have all been gracious, funny, and loyal.

Flynn owes no apologies for crying.  He gave it his all and came up short.

porkurina

I just hope MIles knows how to say Arkansas now.  We deserve respect.

PiggyBack

Oh how it must feel to know that your team lost to a Houston Nutt coached team!  Oh the humanity!!!!
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

El Puerco Grande

Dixie Chicken, if you don't stop saying mean things I'm g-gonna c-c-cr ...Wah-h-h-h-h-h-h! See what you did.
How 'bout them hogs?

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Oklahawg

Tammany, thanks for showing up with some classy posts.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: PiggyBack on November 25, 2007, 12:22:21 pm
Oh how it must feel to know that your team lost to a Houston Nutt coached team!  Oh the humanity!!!!
After the game on their local call in shows a former Tiger player(recent) got on there and defended Nutt and brought up all the issues, he bashed the S'dale crew,made light of the texting, used the recruiting case( our lesser base). He was a true Hugger. My windows were down and other Tiger fans around who were listening were laughing at him and telling him to shut up. I think that most of their fans found this an inexcusable loss.

SLC

Furthermore, no team in the SEC has come close to being despised to Arkansas fans as Texas. 
I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

hogfan47

Quote from: SLC on November 25, 2007, 12:32:11 pm
Furthermore, no team in the SEC has come close to being despised to Arkansas fans as Texas. 

maybe but les miles is trying real hard to put LSU up there
C L martin

Fort Smith Ark    

start the healing process now

Tammany Tom

Quote from: IronHog on November 25, 2007, 11:08:34 am

Last year's LSU team should be remembered as one of the greatest underachieving teams in the history of college football.  They had superior talent at every position and bumbled their way to a BCS bowl win over a DII team.

Took many a fumble and unforced error for that team not to win the NC.

I'm sorry, but your post is a total crock of crap.

Was LSU the preseason pick to win the SEC last year? No, Florida was.

Was LSU the preseason pick to win the SEC West last year? No, Auburn was.

Was LSU a preseason Top 5 pick last year? No, but they ended up ranked 3rd in the final polls.

Where did LSU play Florida and Auburn last year? Gainesville and Auburn

Who was favored to win the game between Florida and LSU? Florida

Who was favored to win the game between Auburn and LSU? Auburn

Who were the only two teams that LSU lost to last year? Florida and Auburn

What were the respective records of Florida and Auburn last year? 13-1 & 11-2

Please, tell me how in the hell LSU can be considered the greatest underacheiving team in the history of college football when they finished 11-2 and ranked #3 in the nation losing only to the National Champs and a Top Ten ranked Auburn team with both games played on the road?

USC has either won or come in second in the recruiting rankings for the past 6 years. They were ranked number one in the country going into the season. They were overwhelming favorites to win the Pac 10. USC has been favored to win every game they have played this year. However, They lost to Stanford at home and Oregon on the road. How can they not be considered the biggest underacheiving team in the history of college football, but a team that loses to 2 teams that were favored against them last year was?

You just have an axe to grind and hate LSU and post garbage to make LSU look bad.