Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tulsa beats Rice

Started by ineverlose, November 24, 2007, 05:59:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgBallLvr

Rice  3-8, 3-5 and Im supposed to be impressed? They were expected to win. Gus is good dont get me wrong and would love to have him back.
2010 Liberty Bowl Champions!!

saywhat?

Quote from: ineverlose on November 24, 2007, 05:59:05 pm
Tulsa 48, Rice 43
Ends the regular season at 9-3

43 points allowed to Rice.  They'll get rolled by Kevin Smith and UCF.

42toddler

Quote from: HognAggieland on November 24, 2007, 10:59:49 pm
I didn't realize that gus was the HC at Tulsa...I bet this board is the only place that thinks so.

true but 600 yards of offense is something Gus was in charge of.  So, again, Congratulations Gus.

Shoatly

November 24, 2007, 11:49:10 pm #53 Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 11:51:56 pm by Shoatly
Quote from: PorkOpine on November 24, 2007, 11:13:21 pm
Gus is making the same money as he did at Arkansas.  He is as successful as ever...continuing to make a name for himself.  And he is not putting up with Nutt's BS. 

I'd call that a damn good season. 

You are correct, sir.  He's going to his conf. championship game and we're, well, not.  7th in the SEC with the best running backs in the country.  Nuttin' but fun.     

hogchic2001

Go HOGS Go!

Topcat

Quote from: hawgnjayhawkland on November 24, 2007, 10:06:33 pm
We're talking about Tulsa winning over Rice.  Like Arkansas winning over Ole Miss.  I'm not a fan of Tulsa either, but you can't view Tulsa beating Rice the same as UofA beating Rice. 

As far as being "attacked", if you would have posted a more complete thought where people could've understood your point in the first place, maybe you would've avoided such harsh treatment from one of "those kind of posters".

Another one

dsewell70

the rice players had something to prove ... since they were the ones that Graham left behind... so they showed they could still rack up the yardage the same as last year with graham... had more yards than Tulsa did... but all that matters is that final score

USCoastGuard

man tulsa has beat some doozies! they are so freaking awsome! probably the best team in the nation.
Come back over Gus!

USCoastGuard

well ill give em byu, they are pretty good. if they beat ucf this weekend, ill be impressed then.
Come back over Gus!

OKhogfan1959

Huggers are out in full force tonight..Don't know what Hawgsports is going to do..

Gus will probably be at Texas next year..Where will Nutt and his followers be? Baylor? LOL..

Gus is a great man and one thing I know for sure..He won't be having an affair and his wife won't be carrying any 2x4s!!

Lakeside54321

Quote from: Banners-r-gay on November 24, 2007, 07:02:59 pm
That was a test!  You are correct.  I spelled it wrong on purpose.  You have passed the test.
Kudos to you Cabot guy.  You deserve a 7th star.
You may not be a moron.  Actually I really wanted to pull for Mal-uh-zahn when he left, but the morons just made it hard for me to do.

It amazes me to know that people hate Gus because he is liked, and wanted as our coach..... Let me remind you..... Gus didn't do Anything to Anyone at the U/A.... except..... be a stand up guy.....and of course save nuttjob's tail.....  He was treated horribly and there is no excuse for it....except...... for the lack of integrity of the powers that be.  And you haven't heard anything negative out of Gus's mouth through this whole thing.......I would have written a book had that happened to me!

nychog

Quote from: HogbyBirth on November 24, 2007, 08:01:45 pm
That's the problem with the huggers.  They think the 10 wins last year were all Houston.  Gus had nothing to do with it.  Oh and they probably aren't going to give David Lee any credit for the 9 this year.

And quite the converse is true, all you Gus-lovers think those 10 wins were all Gus.......

nychog

Quote from: Lakeside54321 on November 25, 2007, 08:05:07 am
It amazes me to know that people hate Gus because he is liked, and wanted as our coach..... Let me remind you..... Gus didn't do Anything to Anyone at the U/A.... except..... be a stand up guy.....and of course save nuttjob's tail.....  He was treated horribly and there is no excuse for it....except...... for the lack of integrity of the powers that be.  And you haven't heard anything negative out of Gus's mouth through this whole thing.......I would have written a book had that happened to me!

Liked and wanted by whom?  Many of the HDN haters on this board don't even want Gus.

bcdeputy

Quote from: Nashville Fan on November 24, 2007, 08:06:07 pm
That's like saying go the the Iowa board because of your avitar. Or telling all the people of the board posting about Tebow to go to the FL board. It's not a very strong arguement. I will have to -1 you. I am sorry.

Why would you start a thread about Gus?  He's not here anymore,  just like Mitch Mustain isn't here any more.  Let them go

bcdeputy

Quote from: PorkOpine on November 24, 2007, 07:59:32 pm
Go diddle yourself, arse hole.  How's that for "special".

You have to be a "darksider", with all your brilliant replies on this thread. 

bcdeputy

Quote from: USCoastGuard on November 25, 2007, 06:37:15 am
man tulsa has beat some doozies! they are so freaking awsome! probably the best team in the nation.

Oh no!!!  Anti-"darksider" sarcasm!!!  I LOVE IT!!!

taoteching

Houston Nutt had Darren McFadden, Felix Jones, and Peyton Hillis and could not beat Alabama.

Gus had only 2 returning starters on offense.  Tulsa's defense is awful.

HAWGTROT

Quote from: HognAggieland on November 24, 2007, 10:59:49 pm
I didn't realize that gus was the HC at Tulsa...I bet this board is the only place that thinks so.
I think last year he was anounced as CO-Head coach. But I haven't seen that tearm used much this year.

RickyRoma

Quote from: Topcat on November 25, 2007, 12:10:29 am
Another one

go grab some Kleenex...I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.

The Max Swineberg 7

Quote from: missippihog on November 24, 2007, 10:15:34 pm
9-3. WOW! One more win than Ar this year. One hell of a record in one of the, if not the worst conferences in D1 football. Impressive.

Conference USA is not the worst conference.  Not even close.

You should know the worst.  Arkansas played 3 teams from it.
Arkansas has too many Stepford fans.

The Max Swineberg 7

Quote from: ShortHog on November 24, 2007, 06:14:57 pm
Tulsa did good for CUSA. They still lost 3 games and lost to the only decent team they played in Oklahoma.

I would classify BYU as a decent team.  BYU is ranked.  Tulsa beat them.
Arkansas has too many Stepford fans.

Cale

All i have to say about this is.

If HDN was taking over a program that had not many atheletes. he would have said. "well we're not going to be very good for 2 years" and he would expect that pass.

Gus works with what he has. Tulsa will only get better from here. mark it down.
Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:42 pm<br />Maybe we are a baseball school <br />

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: bcdeputy on November 24, 2007, 07:57:15 pmNow go post on the Tulsa board.

Actually, I do.  There, and Oklahoma St., Texas, every board in the SEC, several in the Big 10, Navy, Air Force, USC-west, and a few others.  And your point is?
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

RickyRoma

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on November 25, 2007, 10:14:00 am
Actually, I do.  There, and Oklahoma St., Texas, every board in the SEC, several in the Big 10, Navy, Air Force, USC-west, and a few others.  And your point is?

He has no point...he's one of nutt's sheep and they have no opinion unless handed down from nutt or one of his minions.

hoglady

I want Nutt GONE yesterday.
But how can a Hog fan be more excited about Tulsa beating Rice, than Arkansas beating LSU.
That I will never understand.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

RickyRoma

Quote from: hoglady on November 25, 2007, 11:07:28 am
But how can a Hog fan be more excited about Tulsa beating Rice, than Arkansas beating LSU.

I don't think the poster starting this thread was trying to upstage our win over LSU, but just posting information about a team with Arkansas ties.  There are many people that follow Gus and his success.

GWFan

Quote from: hawgnjayhawkland on November 25, 2007, 11:10:59 am
I don't think the poster starting this thread was trying to upstage our win over LSU, but just posting information about a team with Arkansas ties.  There are many people that follow Gus and his success.
Exactly!

Huggers will be on here next year posting any possible success by Nutt at another school (if it happens).
Mark that down.  Probably some of the same poster on this very thread complaining about Gus being mentioned here.

Gus as OC last year played a huge part in the Razorbacks having a 10-4 season and a huge excitement with the "WILDCAT" formation.  Why wouldn't there be threads about him on here this year?

Silver Hog

Quote from: KJL on November 24, 2007, 06:23:45 pm
You Gus haters are frankin' amazing.

They are nutterback fans, they love losing and backing losers.

Silver Hog

Quote from: hoglady on November 25, 2007, 11:07:28 am

then you don't understand how much we hate nutt.  One nice win does not wipe out all the negative he has done over the years, and will continue to do as long as he stays.

Plus the win over LSU won nothing, no BCS bowl, no SEC West, no SECCG, nothing. Just a win.

Gus just won the west and is playing in the championship game.

RickyRoma

Quote from: GWFan on November 25, 2007, 11:31:39 am
Exactly!

Huggers will be on here next year posting any possible success by Nutt at another school (if it happens).
Mark that down.  Probably some of the same poster on this very thread complaining about Gus being mentioned here.

Gus as OC last year played a huge part in the Razorbacks having a 10-4 season and a huge excitement with the "WILDCAT" formation.  Why wouldn't there be threads about him on here this year?

lol...GW I think you are really going out on a limb here, but thanks for the laugh. 

GWFan

Quote from: hawgnjayhawkland on November 25, 2007, 11:36:57 am
lol...GW I think you are really going out on a limb here, but thanks for the laugh. 
Out on  a limb?  What got the chuckle out of you?  Please explain.

GWFan

NM..  success by Nutt.   I'm laughing now, too.

ballhog88

Quote from: KJL on November 24, 2007, 06:23:45 pm
You Gus haters are frankin' amazing.

You gus lovers are freaking amazing! Hey I like the guy but my gosh, I think some you guys get wood thinking about him.

RickyRoma

Quote from: ballhog88 on November 25, 2007, 12:54:44 pm
You gus lovers are freaking amazing! Hey I like the guy but my gosh, I think some you guys get wood thinking about him.

You may have them mixed up with Dirty Di. ;)

bcdeputy

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on November 25, 2007, 10:14:00 am

My point is... why post about a Tulsa coach on a Razorback board?  I don't post about Kirk Ferentz on the Razorback board,  perhaps I should start.  I could have sworn this board was about the Arkansas Razorbacks.  Gus Malzahn is not a part of this program anymore,  why post about him? 

bcdeputy

Quote from: hawgnjayhawkland on November 25, 2007, 10:41:46 am
He has no point...he's one of nutt's sheep and they have no opinion unless handed down from nutt or one of his minions.

Ahhh,  I guess I could be blinded by hatred like you are my friend couldn't I? 

RickyRoma

Quote from: bcdeputy on November 25, 2007, 01:06:34 pm
Ahhh,  I guess I could be blinded by hatred like you are my friend couldn't I? 

I believe you're already there...

hoglady

Quote from: swisshog on November 25, 2007, 11:35:32 am
then you don't understand how much we hate nutt.  One nice win does not wipe out all the negative he has done over the years, and will continue to do as long as he stays.

Plus the win over LSU won nothing, no BCS bowl, no SEC West, no SECCG, nothing. Just a win.

Gus just won the west and is playing in the championship game.

I know that. Believe me I get sick when I think what could have been.
I've wanted Nutt gone since 2005. But I still don't understand the hate.
I'm very happy for the Hogs with the LSU win.

Hypothetical here - if Tulsa played the Hogs (minus Nutt) in the Liberty Bowl - who would some of you root for?
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

GWFan

November 25, 2007, 02:13:43 pm #88 Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 02:15:22 pm by GWFan
Quote from: HogbyBirth on November 24, 2007, 08:01:45 pm
That's the problem with the huggers.  They think the 10 wins last year were all Houston.  Gus had nothing to do with it.  Oh and they probably aren't going to give David Lee any credit for the 9 8 this year.
Fixed.

hogsrbad

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: bcdeputy on November 25, 2007, 01:05:00 pm
My point is... why post about a Tulsa coach on a Razorback board?  I could have sworn this board was about the Arkansas Razorbacks.

I went back and checked, just to make sure something hadn't changed in the past 48 hours, and the name of this forum was still "Monday Morning Quarterback."  Not necessarily 'Razorback' or 'Hog's' or even 'Arkansas'.  

The thing for you to do, if you don't like reading about MM or GM, is simply not to read these threads.  See how simple that would make your life?
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: hoglady on November 25, 2007, 11:07:28 amhow can a Hog fan be more excited about Tulsa beating Rice, than Arkansas beating LSU.  That I will never understand.

I'm excited about Arkansas beating LSU, but why can't I be happy that Tulsa beat Rice too?  That I will never understand.

HogbyBirth

Quote from: nychog on November 25, 2007, 08:21:09 am
And quite the converse is true, all you Gus-lovers think those 10 wins were all Gus.......

Not quite but I do know we are still using formations and sequences put in place by Gus.