Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tulsa beats Rice

Started by ineverlose, November 24, 2007, 05:59:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ineverlose

Tulsa 48, Rice 43
Ends the regular season at 9-3
Coaching is nothing more than eliminating mistakes before you get fired.
Success is never permanent, and failure is never final.
The only place you can win a football game is on the field, the only place you can lose it is in your hearts.
A trophy carries dust. Memories last forever.

BigArkyintheRock

And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

Dirty

hearing this just makes me feel warm and fuzzy.  :puke:

Big Daddy

Quote from: ineverlose on November 24, 2007, 05:59:05 pm
Tulsa 48, Rice 43
Ends the regular season at 9-3

Gus could have back to back 10 win seasons.

OKhogfan1959

Great job Gus!! Show what someone with class can do..Keep it up..

big john

gus is a real coach an were stuck with nutt boy. ???
john goodwin

pigmania

Great win TU! Now we get to listen to the Nutthuggers tell us how much better their beloved Dork is than Gus. COME ON HUGGERS, LET'S HEAR THE GUS BASHING. Let me start it for you. Gus coaches at Tulsa who plays in a junior high conference which doesn't even compare to Lord Nutt coaching in the mighty SEC.

Adam Stokes

Tulsa has had a great year.  Their passing attack against BYU earlier this year was second to none.

Nashville Fan

Gus is also coaching in his second conference championship game in a row, in two different conferences. I guess there really isn't that much difference between Friday night and Saturday night, if you truly understand the game.
Pittman or Bust!

Banners-r-gay

"Great Job"????????  If Gus wins 9 it's a great job but Houston wins ten last year and probably nine this year and you want to fire him???  Morons.
Way to go Gus!  Way to beat Rice!!!

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

Tulsa did good for CUSA. They still lost 3 games and lost to the only decent team they played in Oklahoma. But really that loss was really just because of the talent difference. Central Florida also has 9 wins, and I think most would agree they are not very good. Still, for the talent they have, Tulsa does well. A lot of that does have to do with Gus because it sure as hell is not the defense that is winning them any games. Still, I am weary to label Gus as a demi-god like many here until he has been somewhere longer than a year, shows sustained winning at a program, and wins in a better conference. I know a lot want him here, but I am willing to bet he will be a OC for 4-5 more years before he becomes a HC. By then I am sure he will be one of those names like Les Miles and Urban Meyer were a few years ago.

Mike_P

Man! Beating Rice by 5. When is the parade? I want to be there. Gus Rules!

nychog

Rice???? Wow, what a victory.

Hawgvillain

Quote from: Banners-r-gay on November 24, 2007, 06:14:31 pm
"Great Job"????????  If Gus wins 9 it's a great job but Houston wins ten last year and probably nine this year and you want to fire him???  Morons.
Way to go Gus!  Way to beat Rice!!!
Who wants to start a pot on how long until this poster is banned.  I'm shocked his name alone doesn't get it.

Sao Ming

Todd Graham called the plays. 

I have sources.

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

Quote from: Hawgvillain on November 24, 2007, 06:16:35 pm
Who wants to start a pot on how long until this poster is banned.  I'm shocked his name alone doesn't get it.

Start a pot? Why would he banned. This place is supposed to be about all opinions, even the ones most people do not like. And don't say using the word moron should be enough, because I see worse everyday here.

No_nuts

Looks like he has a west division championship
2 years straight!

WordToYourLlama

Popping the champagne for 9-3?  And you want to burn HDN at the stake for 8-4?

Ok..

arcowboy

Gus is  a true winner , where ever he goes what ever level it is on he will win. 

razorbackkid

I really like Gus...and I do appreciate you passing along the score, but Arkansas just beat the #1 team in the country with Nuttyboy as the coach.  Gus beating Rice by 6 isn't likely to impress anybody right now even though I'd much rather have Mr. Malzahn coaching our team.

The win last night was great for the players and team and was exciting for the fans to watch, but it may have came at a great cost for the long-term good of the program.  Nutt has more to work with now. 

But...back to your topic.....I hope Gus and Tulsa win their conference championship.  And Gus comes back home.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

granny grunt

Quote from: WordToYourLlama on November 24, 2007, 06:27:36 pm

Ok..
Gus has been at Tulsa ONE year.... Nutt has been at Arkansas 10 years and has the two best running backs in the country and 8 wins is all he can produce [4 of those wins were against the sunbelt].....
Woo Hoo,   You go Nutt,  You the man!!!!    NOT!!!!!!!

Banners-r-gay

I'm sorry, you are not all morons.  Please don't have me banned.  You who are morons probably didn't realize I was talking about you so it really hurt nobody.  And yes I do think that banners are gay but instead of what has been flown, wouldn't it have been cool to fly one over the ESPN Game Day site endorsing D-Mack for Heisman?

VBHOG

Another ho-hum performance by the Tulsa offense, 592 total yards.  Yep, that high school coach doesn't have a clue.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/boxscore?gameId=200711240081

samske

Quote from: WordToYourLlama on November 24, 2007, 06:27:36 pm

Ok..

Tulsa was rated what at the beginning of the season?  How many all-American's do they have?  How many Heisman hopefuls do they have?  How many emailgates are hanging over Tulsa?

Arkansas was rated what at the beginning of the season?  How many all-American's should Arkansas have?  How many Heisman hopefuls do we have?   How many emailgates are hanging over Arkansas?

Most posters were saying that we would lose 1 game this year...to LSU.  We beat LSU, but lost 4 others that we were supposed to win.  That's a net negative of 3 losses.

Banners-r-gay

That was a test!  You are correct.  I spelled it wrong on purpose.  You have passed the test.
Kudos to you Cabot guy.  You deserve a 7th star.
You may not be a moron.  Actually I really wanted to pull for Mal-uh-zahn when he left, but the morons just made it hard for me to do.

Buk69

RickyRoma

Quote from: nychog on November 24, 2007, 06:15:25 pm

Yeah you're right...Can't come close to our great victories over the likes of North Texas, UT-Chat, Troy, and don't forget the juggernaut Florida International House of Cupcakes.

You really should think before opening your mouth.

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

Quote from: PorkOpine on November 24, 2007, 07:11:23 pm
LOL!  nyc is a tool.
Says the guy with the longhorns avatar. You lose all credibility with me when you support the horns. I am sure that will really bother you tonight so you can't sleep. What did the guy say that was untrue? Tulsa has beaten no one that is any good. They play in CUSA. Its just the truth. Of course, the other side of the story is that they do not play anyone any good but one team. That is not Gus's fault. It is just a lesser school in a lesser conference, and against equal competition they do pretty well. They only lose 2 in conference. They got smoked by Ok , but the talent difference was huge and coaching could not have helped. Only a miracle.

Nashville Fan

Quote from: nychog on November 24, 2007, 06:15:25 pm
Rice beat Southern Miss 31-29. Southern Miss lost to TN 39-19. AR lost to TN 34-13. So AR scored 6 points less against TN than a team that Rice beat by 3.
Pittman or Bust!

Banners-r-gay

Your avatar matters not to me.  You lost all credibility with me after I read your posts.

Topcat

Wow! What a great team it takes to beat Rice.

Hawgvillain

Quote from: ShortHog on November 24, 2007, 06:23:04 pm
Start a pot? Why would he banned. This place is supposed to be about all opinions, even the ones most people do not like. And don't say using the word moron should be enough, because I see worse everyday here.
Maybe you haven't been here too long.  We are all guests of Lanny and the admins on this site...you have no freedom of speech.

RickyRoma

Quote from: Topcat on November 24, 2007, 07:37:15 pm
Wow! What a great team it takes to beat Rice.

You can join your friend nyc (please read reply 31)  and pull your head out of your a$$.

Shoatly

Man, that LSU win has brought out the huggies.  Where have you guys been all year? 

Harrisonhogfan

Oh Happy Day, crap school A beat crap school B. I hope it is on the front page in the morning!! YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bcdeputy

Isn't that special?  Now go post this on the Tulsa board.  This is the Arkansas Razorback board.  Not the Gus Malzahn board. 

PulledPork

yep that same rice team that gave us our rb coach to replace bwain bweed.

Pulled out.....

HogbyBirth

Quote from: Banners-r-gay on November 24, 2007, 06:14:31 pm
"Great Job"????????  If Gus wins 9 it's a great job but Houston wins ten last year and probably nine this year and you want to fire him???  Morons.
Way to go Gus!  Way to beat Rice!!!

That's the problem with the huggers.  They think the 10 wins last year were all Houston.  Gus had nothing to do with it.  Oh and they probably aren't going to give David Lee any credit for the 9 this year.

ark30inf

Quote from: BigArkyintheRock on November 24, 2007, 06:00:15 pm
Awesome! GO GUS!!

Very good for a first year coaching staff with holdover players and a new system.  They are going to be the class of CUSA for sure in upcoming years if they can improve their defense.

Topcat

Quote from: hawgnjayhawkland on November 24, 2007, 07:47:55 pm
You can join your friend nyc (please read reply 31)  and pull your head out of your a$$.
You're talking about a win over Rice? Why the hate over not being impressed by that? I want Nutt Ball to be gone as much as anyone, but i don't let that make me a fan of Tulsa. It's a win over Rice for crying out loud. I guess you can't come on this board and have an opinion without being attacked by one of these kind of posters. Pull my head out? Because i had an opinion?   

Lady Hawg Buff

Quote from: HogbyBirth on November 24, 2007, 08:01:45 pm
That's the problem with the huggers.  They think the 10 wins last year were all Houston.  Gus had nothing to do with it.  Oh and they probably aren't going to give David Lee any credit for the 9 this year.

You got that right HogbyBirth...Nutt even said that David Lee came up with an option on a play at halftime, but will DL get credit???  Probably as much as Coach Malzahn.

Nashville Fan

Quote from: bcdeputy on November 24, 2007, 07:57:15 pm
Isn't that special?  Now go post this on the Tulsa board.  This is the Arkansas Razorback board.  Not the Gus Malzahn board. 
That's like saying go the the Iowa board because of your avitar. Or telling all the people of the board posting about Tebow to go to the FL board. It's not a very strong arguement. I will have to -1 you. I am sorry.
Pittman or Bust!

RickyRoma

Quote from: Topcat on November 24, 2007, 08:03:24 pm
You're talking about a win over Rice? Why the hate over not being impressed by that? I want Nutt Ball to be gone as much as anyone, but i don't let that make me a fan of Tulsa. It's a win over Rice for crying out loud. I guess you can't come on this board and have an opinion without being attacked by one of these kind of posters. Pull my head out? Because i had an opinion?  
We're talking about Tulsa winning over Rice.  Like Arkansas winning over Ole Miss.  I'm not a fan of Tulsa either, but you can't view Tulsa beating Rice the same as UofA beating Rice. 

As far as being "attacked", if you would have posted a more complete thought where people could've understood your point in the first place, maybe you would've avoided such harsh treatment from one of "those kind of posters".

missippihog

9-3. WOW! One more win than Ar this year. One hell of a record in one of the, if not the worst conferences in D1 football. Impressive.

Hawg130

Quote from: BigArkyintheRock on November 24, 2007, 06:00:15 pm
Awesome! GO GUS!!

It's disrespectful to address him by first name.  Please use the appropriate moniker, COACH Gus Mal-uh-zhan.  Get it right next time.  Schaeffer out.

Austin Hogcaller

Gus was lucky to get to Tulsa. You haters don't even know who Rice is ... they couldn't even make the Big 12,,,,, and Rice scored 40 on them..... Haters get over it Coach stays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gus and that QB of his has just about finished off the Hoggs for ever..... and you haters let it happen

42toddler

Gus is a good man.  It is always good to see good guys win, no matter who they play.  Congratulations!

Blue35

Fire Nutt and hire Gus now.

42toddler

Oh, Austin Hogcaller, I am not a "hater".  I just don't care for the man.  Having said that, I am pretty sure no one on this board made the unkept promises to Mitch and Gus that ultimately drove them away.  That is why I don't care for Nutt.  He causes rants like those we are reading and fails to overcome adversity in order to unite and conquer.

HognAggieland

I didn't realize that gus was the HC at Tulsa...I bet this board is the only place that thinks so.