Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

******Sexton says Nutt to announce plans on Monday!******

Started by BigArkyintheRock, November 23, 2007, 08:44:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Blue35 on November 23, 2007, 09:10:16 pm
Nutt's only plans are to be as obnoxious as he possibly can.  He has no class whatsoever.  He is a low life form from another world and Baylor or Texas AM would be a good fit for him.

Totally agree, I just saw his performance after the game ESPN News. What an embarrassment. And what is up with the LOVEFEST with DMac? Bringing the Wood? Can we not get just a little professionalism in this program. Or has it completely gone to the Rubes!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

hogifino

I know you people can't get over yourselves but you show me mr. perfect and I might bite.  Just pick one.  Nebaska doesn't remember but they couldn't stand Tom Osburn mr. not win the big one until the end.  Jimmy Johnson, oh yea his players were thugs.  Joe Pa  can't go there.  The guy at USC has two losses to perenial nobodies...  Ken Hatfield say what you want but the fans were after him for preaching and running.  Lou oh yea he couldn't recruit.  Urban or Bowden, let's see howabout Spurrier if he could coach wouldn't they win?  Oh yea what about Saben?  It's too early (sarcasm).  This list can go on.  The point is it is a hoot to second guess and predict.  But I am going to my job and you yours which is not coaching young men.  You people give coaches way too much credit for winning.  I don't know if HDn is staying or going but I know the team he represents plays hard and competes.  His players follow his leadership.  They go to school and graduate.  You can have your opinions but it only counts if you have to back it up not on this board for an argument but on the field.  This second guessing and drama guessing is entertaining but lacks substance.

Cavehog

Quote from: Blue35 on November 23, 2007, 09:10:16 pm
Nutt's only plans are to be as obnoxious as he possibly can.  He has no class whatsoever.  He is a low life form from another world and Baylor or Texas AM would be a good fit for him.

Isn't that why so many huggers like him?  He is right up their alley...
If you never streaked down Sorority Row, caught the Bud Man twice in one night, or threw a pitcher of beer under the table when ABC came into the Hog Trough . . . you're just a wannabe.

Cavehog

Quote from: hogifino on November 23, 2007, 09:24:34 pm
I know you people can't get over yourselves but you show me mr. perfect and I might bite.  Just pick one.  Nebaska doesn't remember but they couldn't stand Tom Osburn mr. not win the big one until the end.  Jimmy Johnson, oh yea his players were thugs.  Joe Pa  can't go there.  The guy at USC has two losses to perenial nobodies...  Ken Hatfield say what you want but the fans were after him for preaching and running.  Lou oh yea he couldn't recruit.  Urban or Bowden, let's see howabout Spurrier if he could coach wouldn't they win?  Oh yea what about Saben?  It's too early (sarcasm).  This list can go on.  The point is it is a hoot to second guess and predict.  But I am going to my job and you yours which is not coaching young men.  You people give coaches way too much credit for winning.  I don't know if HDn is staying or going but I know the team he represents plays hard and competes.  His players follow his leadership.  They go to school and graduate.  You can have your opinions but it only counts if you have to back it up not on this board for an argument but on the field.  This second guessing and drama guessing is entertaining but lacks substance.

The "substance" of college football is called "championships."  Show me one in the Nutt era.  Those other guys you mentioned?  Champions, one and all.
If you never streaked down Sorority Row, caught the Bud Man twice in one night, or threw a pitcher of beer under the table when ABC came into the Hog Trough . . . you're just a wannabe.

huntindoc

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 23, 2007, 08:51:53 pm
I didn't say he wasn't gone.

I said he won't be bought out.

I know a man with your intelligence can readily see the difference.

Wilson this is a bombshell.   At least to my thinking it is. 

No buyout?  The only reason I can imagine HDN leaving without his money is if there is something big and bad being held over him.  Wonder what that could be.

hd

slopinhogs

Monday morning ,noon or night. when is he going to do it huh , when? :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

tusksincolorado

Quote from: hogifino on November 23, 2007, 09:24:34 pm

The coaches you have mentioned don't seem to make an A$$ out of themselves everytime they open their mouths. Nutt either "dumps" in his nest, has drama all the time, or has somebody he is associated with completely making a fool of themselves and Nutt. Can't you understand, the "Flying Retard Monkey Circus" has to end, the fans are sick of it!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

The Broadcaster

Quote from: HawgAlude on November 23, 2007, 08:49:17 pm
Nope wrong.... He will have to be fired or cut out of the program to get rid of him. He will not leave on his own this is his home he is an arky and as much as I dislike Houston Nutt and his coaching abilities, a lot of people feel he is a saint and where would we be without him -- I call it the George W syndrome.....

Jeff Long already said after the game tonight that Nutt IS NOT GOING TO BE FIRED. He will have to leave on his own, just a realization you need to accept.
I ain't saying, I'm just sayin'

budcampbellfan

Whatever, we will still have Jim Lindsey determined to screw things up.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

hogifino

Quote from: Cavehog on November 23, 2007, 09:27:32 pm
The "substance" of college football is called "championships."  Show me one in the Nutt era.  Those other guys you mentioned?  Champions, one and all.

Nice observation.  Still had their critics.

FS Hog

Hey it's Nutt :puke: He'll probably have a press conference to demand a raise, extension and a two year pass. It's happened before  :puke:

samske

Quote from: JHGiunta on November 23, 2007, 08:53:15 pm
Would he really leave 4 million behind in annuity's?

I don't understand why he would call a presser via his agent to say that he is staying though. It doesn't make sense, but then again this is Nutt we are talking about.  Oh well, guess we have to wait and see.
Uh...Ego?

Dr Swineglove

November 23, 2007, 09:43:42 pm #62 Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 09:45:25 pm by Dr Swineglove
I think the great win today provides an excellent opportunity for Nutt to go ahead and leave with no loss of face.  Nutt gets to go out a winner, thinking Hog fans are losing out on a great coach (himself), and gets welcomed with open arms and a big contract somewhere else where he can start over.  The majority of Hog fans also get what we want; a fresh start.

The ball will be in Long's court to hit a homerun.  If he fumbles the hire, the whole program will look retarded for 'running off Nutt,' so the pressure is on, and hopefully he'll come up with a very big hire (not the one we wanted, that ship seems to have sailed again).  Hopefully Long will not disappoint - and hopefully Nutt will go on to have a nice, modestly successful career somewhere else.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

woghild

This win today will allow him to leave on a high note, and he knows how bare
the cupboard will be next year.

Git yer flags out fellas, and get ready to drive Monday with your headlights on
in CELEBRATION!

huntindoc

Quote from: The Broadcaster on November 23, 2007, 09:36:05 pm
Jeff Long already said after the game tonight that Nutt IS NOT GOING TO BE FIRED. He will have to leave on his own, just a realization you need to accept.

Was that on the news tonight?  Where did this info come from?

hd

The Broadcaster

Quote from: huntindoc on November 23, 2007, 09:46:07 pm
Was that on the news tonight?  Where did this info come from?

hd

Inside source media that was at the game. Yeah I know that sounds really stupid because just about EVERYONE says that on here, but it's the truth. That's the extent of the Nutt status that I know.

pignatious

Quote from: The Broadcaster on November 23, 2007, 09:47:48 pm

Inside source media that was at the game. Yeah I know that sounds really stupid because just about EVERYONE says that on here, but it's the truth. That's the extent of the Nutt status that I know.

BS
Freedom is never free.

The Broadcaster

hogsanity

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on November 23, 2007, 08:50:19 pm
Good god, men. I keep telling everyone from WilsonHog to Boomis to all of you, Nutt is gone. It was preordained a few weeks ago.

He's done. He's not going to be the head coach next week. Please, just take comfort in that and stop changing your minds based on change of wind direction.

Dont you think i was done the day JFB announced his retirement?  I thought it then, and I think it now. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

arkmark

It just dosn't make sense for the Nutter to call a presser to announce he is staying.  First it's not a Nutt decision as to whether or not he stays unless he spins it that he has decided not to seek or accept a position at any other school, that despite the "trauma" he and his family have been subjected to he will bless the UA with his continued presence.  Second, with the garbage that he has created on and off the field, if he was staying you would have to expect it to be an AD or White presser in order to provide a "vote of confidence" to Nutt as he continues as coach of the Hogs.  Putting the rumors to rest.  Finally, with Sexton announcing the presser, if Nutt is staying, he would be jumping the gun on the administration.  Name me a coach who holds a presser to announce he is staying, thats an employer function, coach's hold pressers to announce they have taken another postion.  As an employer function, they would not give the agent the duty to announce their presser.  They do that themselves.  The exception--UA does not have the money to terminate the contract and are too frickin embarrassed to have him returning, given his, his families, and friends baggage, to be on the same stage when his return for another season is announced.  Er go, no vote of confidence and their was nothing else we could do.

HogFan1973

I hope all of you who are saying he is gone, are right, but I just can't believe it until I hear it.

Fort Swine

Come on Sexton, make my holidays by telling us Nutt is gone!
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

hogfanmatt72212

at least it won't be a long drawn out issue like it was with Heath . I hope he stays

regi

Quote from: The Broadcaster on November 23, 2007, 10:01:27 pm

haha maybe so, but Jeff Long was quoted saying it. Don't shoot the messenger.

Who did he say it to? If its Otis or Clay? it means nothing. If long had said it to a real media guy, it would be on television by now.

Wild Bill Hog

What Sexton said was that he believed the UA/Nutt situation would be settled by Monday - nothing about a presser, nothing about a statement.  Once again, he said it in an interview LAST TUESDAY on a Memphis radio station.  The full interview was played on DTS last week and RR was simply referring to it tonight on the 5th Quarter Show.  No news - old stuff.

HawgAlude

Quote from: The Broadcaster on November 23, 2007, 09:36:05 pm

I said he would have to be fired or removed not that he would be. The only way I see him leaving now is if he takes another gig for 2-2.5 mil a year. Arkansas should not and will not pay him that much. Should not and will not match an offer to that much and will more than likely let him walk. That is what he deserves and then maybe we can hire a real winner / fighter that can bring all the fans together as one.

big john

ok good game how can he lose his job he just beat number 1 LSU so what dose he say give me my money  ?  8)
john goodwin

big john

john goodwin

ac360

First time I've heard Nutt say in a press conference that he would like to thank "God." and something to the effect that "God" made all of this possible.  What a great way to get all of the Baptist at Baylor on your side.  You know, he's such a Christian man.

NightTrain

Quote from: ArkansasI on November 23, 2007, 08:55:26 pm
Why wouldn't A & M want him?  I think Houston would do very well.

Aggies hated Fran's obsession with the option and wanted to air it out more.   Next.

centarkswine

Wild Bill Hog

the donger

Quote from: JHGiunta on November 23, 2007, 08:53:15 pm
Would he really leave 4 million behind in annuity's?

I don't understand why he would call a presser via his agent to say that he is staying though. It doesn't make sense, but then again this is Nutt we are talking about.  Oh well, guess we have to wait and see.
It's called an Ego is why he is having a presser.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: the donger on November 23, 2007, 11:06:49 pm
It's called an Ego is why he is having a presser.

The only thing about all this that concerns me is that nobody has announced a presser - not Sexton, not Nutt, not the UA.

Desperate Hog

Who coaches the bowl game?  Herring?  Nutt stays through the bowl game?  David Lee?   
"I've got dozens of friends and the fun never ends that is as long as I'm buying"-Tommy Shaw

Kevin Bacon

Quote from: BigArkyintheRock on November 23, 2007, 08:44:58 pm
Per Big Red 5th qtr on now!

Be patient!

Nice!

Did Jimmy Sexton himself come on there and announce this or did a caller say that?

usnavyhogfan

its either the best news or the worst news. depends on if your a hugger or darksider
The dream is free, the journey is not.

Cartoon Man

Memphis is right, Nutt is toast. Goodby, see ya later, so long.

Dbl D

mword

Quote from: Oliver Miller on November 23, 2007, 08:46:33 pm
Let's just hope he isn't announcing to stay as our head coach.

I have a feeling that's exactly what is going to happen.

Newhopehog

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on November 23, 2007, 09:11:59 pm
It's going to be either a negotiated firing or a non-negiotiated firing. A negotiated firing = being bought out.
who would fire him with lindsey running the bot....

Hogs4Ever

Quote from: ac360 on November 23, 2007, 10:38:08 pm
First time I've heard Nutt say in a press conference that he would like to thank "God." and something to the effect that "God" made all of this possible.  What a great way to get all of the Baptist at Baylor on your side.  You know, he's such a Christian man.

I noticed that too.  Completely out of character for Hooten's normal post game ramblings....Interesting....

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Kevin Bacon on November 23, 2007, 11:37:51 pm
Did Jimmy Sexton himself come on there and announce this or did a caller say that?

Sexton said in an interview last Tuesday on a Memphis radio station that he felt the UA/Nutt situation would be resolved by Monday.  DTS replayed the interview during the week, and RR referred to the statement during the 5th Quarter Show tonight.  This topic (with a lot of extra stuff added) started from that.

Bottom line is nothing has been announced by anybody.

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on November 23, 2007, 08:50:19 pm
Good god, men. I keep telling everyone from WilsonHog to Boomis to all of you, Nutt is gone. It was preordained a few weeks ago.

He's done. He's not going to be the head coach next week. Please, just take comfort in that and stop changing your minds based on change of wind direction.

At this point, I don't know what to think.  24 hours ago I would've bet my paycheck he was gone.
Beating a unanamous #1 team on the road?  I have no idea.
I think we find out before the bowl game, though.  Maybe before the SECCG.

Lovemyhogs

Houston Nutt is staying.  I am that hugger that will jump in and defend him.  What Jimmy Sexton said was.........."He has been in the SEC Championship game three times and has a winning record there.  If I was pitching a coach with his stats to any other team, they would be begging me to tell them how much it would take to get him.................You cannot make those folks (Arkansans) happy." 

And I clearly don't know what it would take to make any of the folks on this board happy.  The hatred, comments and attitude have sunk to am all time low.  Be careful what you wish for.................................

grayhawg

Quote from: Lovemyhogs on November 24, 2007, 07:47:08 am
Houston Nutt is staying.  I am that hugger that will jump in and defend him.  What Jimmy Sexton said was.........."He has been in the SEC Championship game three times and has a winning record there.  If I was pitching a coach with his stats to any other team, they would be begging me to tell them how much it would take to get him.................You cannot make those folks (Arkansans) happy." 

And I clearly don't know what it would take to make any of the folks on this board happy.  The hatred, comments and attitude have sunk to am all time low.  Be careful what you wish for.................................
Good morning Danny, tell Hootie I said.

FIRE THE DORK!!!!!!!!!

elkhog

Quote from: Dbl D on November 23, 2007, 11:42:45 pm
Our corner is to top Baylor offer.  We won"t.

I sure hope they don't!

Probably won't matter anyway, Nutt will shed a few tears, say he loves the helmet and we will be stuck with him...again.
GO HOGS!!!

LSUFan

Hoop

Quote from: Lovemyhogs on November 24, 2007, 07:47:08 am
What Jimmy Sexton said was.........."He has been in the SEC Championship game three times and has a winning record there. 
Please tell Sexton he's a dumbass. We've only been to the SEC championship game twice and we got beat both times.
Blaming Alex Wood for any problems with the offense is like blaming a spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being fat.-Swino

Hiring Dana Altman would be about as sexy as waking up in the morning to find your grandma with one tit in the coffee and the other in the oatmeal. -Wilsonhog

Old Tusk

It sure doesn't appear other schools are beating down Sexton's door to get Nutt. With his wonderful record, you would think Sexton would have an easy sell, but it appears the only potential job is at Arkansas. We fell for the Nebraska scam. I wonder if we will fall for this "he is leaving, be careful what you wish for" scam. 
The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke