Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Discussion about Malzahn as HC [merged threads]

Started by JJHog, November 23, 2007, 08:19:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LuckyGiraffe

I'm all for it.  And let Gus text Nutt that he is fired!!!

btw... this is a support thread.

davis01

Quote from: Hugulus Hog on November 23, 2007, 08:29:43 am
Benton High School thought he was a good hire too...
What is that supposed to mean?

Blue35

x-ray hog

rude1

Quote from: ich bin schwein on November 23, 2007, 08:55:46 am
He has nothing to prove to anyone.  OC of the year 2006, #1 offensive production 2007.  Let's not miss out again.  These opportunities don't always happen when we're ready for them to, sometimes they just happen.
That is hardly a resume that would warrant a job as a major D1 coach. Can he recruit nationally? He was also wide receivers position coach, I didn't notice any noticeable improvement in that area while he was here. I am just not convinced at this point, and those who are in a big hurry to hire him as HC are thinking with their hearts and not their minds.

davis01

Quote from: rude1 on November 23, 2007, 09:04:57 am
That is hardly a resume that would warrant a job as a major D1 coach. Can he recruit nationally? He was also wide receivers position coach, I didn't notice any noticeable improvement in that area while he was here. I am just not convinced at this point, and those who are in a big hurry to hire him as HC are thinking with their hearts and not their minds.
Ask Nutt why receivers didn't improve?

hognelson

As it appears that we will not get a big name coach that would bring our program back to where it needs to be, both on the field and off, I am in line to board the bus if we go the coordinator route (or leach for that matter).  He is gonna be something big in the future,

Bobby

nychog

jackflash

I think Gus would be a great hire. But this would not bring the fans base together.  I  think this would be unfair to him.

rude1

It would be extremely difficult for him to do so. He hasn't made those connections needed yet. Another factor is, and I know nobody wants to hear this is, with only two years experience before be given a HC job, as we saw while he was here, would draw animosity towards him as a guy who hasn't earned his spot, and hasn't paid his dues. This is a big deal obviously out in the coaching world.

fsrider

AR State grad but Hog fan and friend of Gus/family.  HIRE GUS

GWFan

Some of the opinions negative of Gus' ability crack me up.

rude1

Quote from: lchog on November 23, 2007, 08:34:52 am
Man, some of you people are so dumb, the head coach doesn't attract top assistants, MONEY attracts top assistants.
This program isn't in a position to get in bidding wars for the top assistants. You have to be able to offer more than just a paycheck.

PearlHarbor

I'm for gus. Now.
Don't see it happening, but I think gus is the best hire for us.

BRUTUS POUNDCAKE

I want GUS - the fan base would heal, especially with the character and integrity he will instantly bring to the program - like PEL, i think GUS would come in and do AND say all the right things to get us back on track from this miserable trip we are on - BRING ON GUS!!!!

clew

We get one chance at Gus, and this is it.  I'd rather take it and be proven wrong--it can't be worse than it was--than miss it and be proven right.  The upside far, far outweighs the downside. 
Pure as the dawn

kimjongsqUeAl

Gus for HC! Put me on the "Vote for Gus" list.  It probably won't happen but hey...it's a start.
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

GWFan

Quote from: PhotHOGrapher on November 23, 2007, 09:18:13 am
We get one chance at Gus, and this is it.  I'd rather take it and be proven wrong--it can't be worse than it was--than miss it and be proven right.  The upside far, far outweighs the downside. 
Very good point.
(although it's really not much of a gamble)

jfb4ever

Let's give Nutt credit, no one can put together a staff like Houston? HC at Clemson, ND, GT, Louisviile, Florida, and others have admitted they have used Plays from Gus's Playbook! So are some of you going by the opinion it won't work in the SEC. Gus has a lot more Contacts and Respect in College Football than some of You Nutt Lovers Realize!

clew

Moderator who merged this thread, WHY?  Gus putting together a top notch staff does not have a flippin thing to do with showing your support for Gus.  Please unmerge.
Pure as the dawn

clew

Please state your name and location only.  By doing so, you indicate your support for Gus to be the next HC at Arkansas.  No discussion, please.

Chris Lewis
Bartlesville, OK
Pure as the dawn

big john

john goodwin

RONBO

Here's a thought, why don't we set our sights a little higher?  I'm sure G M is a pretty good O C, but the Head Hog @ U of A?  Come on now.  What I really love is the reasoning that anything is better than HDN.  Now that's a quality criteria to base this decision on.

Also, I don't care if putting a beat down on LSU makes HDN look like a football Einstein, I would love to see it happen.  But hey, that's just me. 

Not a HDN fan.  GO HOGS.

stevenwayneslane

Gus has proved hiself as an assistant in just two years. He has achieved things in college football in two years that many coaches will not achieve in a life time of coaching. He led an offense that had been stagnet for two years to a 10 win season his first year as OC at Arkansas and now has taken the smallest d-1 school in the nation to the top rater offense in the country. Gus has proved hiself to be a winner at every level. He has also risen above the pettiness of our current coaching staff saying nothing that was controversial about his time here at Arkansas. My name is Steven Wayne Slane from Centerton, AR.

jrparrish

revolution

dayofthehawg1

If you want bigger and better then get on the Gus Bus.  Butch Davis is not coming.  JJ is nothing more than a pipe dream.  Gus is the here and now.  Make the hire!!   Gus Malzahn, the next head coach of YOUR Arkansas Razorbacks.  How good would those words sound.  Make the hire!

claycohog

I DID NOT MAKE THE POST ON THE 1ST PAGE THAT IS UNDER MY NAME!  Unfortunately some people here at work have nothing to do.

Now, my REAL response to the thread.

I sometimes ponder on whether Gus would be interested in coming back at all.  He was humiliated by Nutt and Co.  Although Nutt will not be around anymore the man who made Gus all the promises will.  Jim Lindsey is at much at fault over all this mess if not more.  In my opinion, his head needs to roll with the other 2.

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

cwby676

DoubleReedHawgCaller

FIRE UP THE BUS AND GO GET GUS FIRE UP THE BUS AND GO GET GUS FIRE UP THE BUS AND GO GET GUS FIRE UP THE BUS AND GO GET GUS FIRE UP THE BUS AND GO GET GUS
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

slopinhogs

win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Porkem

"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

jaybird

I feel that there is no doubt that he can.  He has been a winner and a real fighter every where he has gone.  Unlike some other coach I will not name.

Obi-Hawg Kenobi

TRUST IN THE FORCE!!!  LET IT FLOW ALL THROUGHOUT YOU!!

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

EL' MAHOG

I guess it finally rained, its down to 85, I bet the fish are bitin' down by the riverside

slopinhogs

why put the requirewment on him for a top notch staff . do you think we have one now? :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

clew

November 23, 2007, 10:00:22 am #93 Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 10:02:23 am by PhotHOGrapher
Quote from: claycohog on November 23, 2007, 09:47:53 am
I DID NOT MAKE THE POST ON THE 1ST PAGE THAT IS UNDER MY NAME!  Unfortunately some people here at work have nothing to do.

Now, my REAL response to the thread.

I sometimes ponder on whether Gus would be interested in coming back at all.  He was humiliated by Nutt and Co.  Although Nutt will not be around anymore the man who made Gus all the promises will.  Jim Lindsey is at much at fault over all this mess if not more.  In my opinion, his head needs to roll with the other 2.

What a great way to get your revenge...replace the coach that ran you off.  Now if that wouldn't be the icing on the cake, I don't know what would be. HEY HOUSTON, HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW???
Pure as the dawn

Hawgin84

Hawgvillain

jfb4ever

I agree, there are high schools that have better staff's than we do!

Porkatarian

"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

dayofthehawg1

No!  NO!  NO!   Dont you dare do it, Arkansas!

- SEC Opponents

"Fear the Gus Bus"

Eugene