Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can you and will you support Mike Leach

Started by Coondog Hog, November 23, 2007, 01:41:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GrumpyHog

He's not my first choice but I would rather have him than DMW.

the notorious P.I.G.

I would support the new coach, but I perfer it not be Leach. I usually wait til spring to go see track meets.

Blue35

No, I am not impressed with the way his team plays.

ballhog™

Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

tolerati

I can support Leach, if he is named the new head coach. As mentioned earlier, the recruiting potential is great at Arkansas, he is known as an offensive innovator and with a strong defense, Arkansas would be contending again for SEC championships. Last year the big knock on Arkansas was that it had no passing game/QB. Of course Mustain/Dick was not allowed to develop their passing potential. If Leach is named HQ Arkansas would be less likely to be shunned by great QBs. I like Gus and could support him too but I think he is still a few years away experience wise. I personally want Arkansas to be contending for SEC titles on a regular basis. Leach knows the SEC and has experience working with BCS programs, Kentucky and Oklahoma. I think he is hungry and wanting to take the step to the next level just like we the fans. So the potential is there. IF he can't do the job, at least he will have the kinds of players in place that Gus Malzahn would need to run his style of offense and Gus will have a few more years college coaching experience.
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

tolerati

Besides maybe Leach could get his friend, Donald Trump, to help fund the stadium expansion!
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

SavageHog

OKhogfan1959

yes I would. He scores points on everybody he plays. He would need a great Defensive Co-ordinator=$$$$$..

Not my first choice either but I will support the new coach regardless of who it is. I say about 3 years..

Southerneyes

spahoopsfan

I will support the new coach no matter who he is, well unless it is someone on the current staff.  We owe whoever it is our support.  We can't condemn Nutt for being unfair and then turn around and not support the new coach.

ballhog™

Leach hasn't been a world beater, but he did raise the level of play and interest at TT.

I think he could do the same at Arkanas.

Of course, I think there are several that could do that.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Gomer_Says_Hey

He wouldn't be in my top five choices, but I would give him a fair chance.

respirback

The only people saying no are Malzahn huggers.  If Leach is hired give him a chance.  Face it, Gus does not have the experience on his resume to land a job this big.  Mustain liked Leach, why wouldn't the rest of us?

Obi-Hawg Kenobi

He and Fitz Hill are the only two coaches(when FH was coaching) who we could call Dr. ahead of their name! So that lets me know that he is a smart man! With that being said, I would much rather have Gus! But I would GLADLY take Dr. Mike Leach!!  I'm a fan of the AIR RAID offense anyway! Get him a good DC and bring him on!!!
TRUST IN THE FORCE!!!  LET IT FLOW ALL THROUGHOUT YOU!!

huntindoc

Certainly not my first choice but he would have my support if he is the choice.

Another thought, I bet he would be more balanced here than at TT.  Hopefully we would have superior talent in the OL and RB positions.  Not having the horses may be part of the reason he is so one dimensional.  I know he wasn't at OU long but I don't remember them being as one dimensional as TT is.

His team would be exciting and even losses would give folks something to talk about around the water cooler on Mondays.

hd