Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt will be going to a school with a much better football tradition than Arkansas....

Started by JoyDivision, November 15, 2007, 08:45:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JoyDivision

Or so this seems to be insinuated on another board by "insiders."  Anyone heard such a thing?

I doubt it.

Donny2665

This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Hogblog

sooie dog

They are called SMU and their tradition was the best team money could buy.

Dixie Chicken

They're probably trying to hint at Nebraska, but I think everyone besided Houston know's that plane flew away a long time ago.

brewkowski

It is time for some real leadership.  

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: JoyDivision on November 15, 2007, 08:45:02 am
Or so this seems to be insinuated on another board by "insiders."  Anyone heard such a thing?

I doubt it.

That's really funny.

razorbacker231

he will need all the tradition he can get, if he plans to get any recruits after all the bad press he is getting himself into here

hoggystyle78

I don't give a schitt if he goes to the Dallas Cowboys as HC, just get his sorry a$$ outta here ASAP!!!! Scrotum will wind up at best at a place like Baylor or SMU, but the BAC will spin it like it's a promotion, you know, kinda like the promotion that Gus took at Tulsa! They're just trying to scare people into accepting his mediocre a$$ because they don't know who the PTB will hire as his replacement. We can hire a baboon to do a better job than the idiot in charge now, make the change ASAP!!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: hoggystyle78 on November 15, 2007, 08:51:31 am
I don't give a schitt if he goes to the Dallas Cowboys as HC, just get his sorry a$$ outta here ASAP!!!!

We don't want him either... Maybe LSU needs somebody to hand towels out to the players after their showers... Whatever, just don't send him to the Cowboys...
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

granny grunt

Who cares??  Just so he goes.....  I'm sure where ever he goes,  he will start building a fence and get his National Championship under construction as soon as he gets there....
Go Nutt!!!!  Go Away!!!!!!!!!!!

OKhogfan1959

I doubt it.

I read that thread..They are happy for Nutt..He's deciding between Tenn-Michigan-Nebraska..These idiots are really saying this..The thing that really angers me is they don't give a flip about Arkansas..They want him to go somewhere better than Arkansas. I don't think there is a better place than Arkansas!!! What are they?? If we play a team Nutt coaches these idiots would root for Nutts team. Pitifull!!

PS..I don't think Nutt will ever get close to a place on the level of Arkansas..I don't wish the man well!!

Dr Swineglove

Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

OKhogfan1959

They are actually saying he is going to Tenn..I LOL at that one..He was talking to Fulmer before the game and now they're best friends and Nutt is the next Tenn coach..That's if he wants it?? Too funny!!

Little Billy Jr.

Quote from: granny grunt on November 15, 2007, 09:00:12 am
Who cares??  Just so he goes.....  I'm sure where ever he goes,  he will start building a fence and get his National Championship under construction as soon as he gets there....
Go Nutt!!!!  Go Away!!!!!!!!!!!
Since when do those payboard morons have an ounce of credibility ? You could combine both boards and still not have the intelligence to step out of the way of an oncoming train.
Idiots. All of them.

silvertip

Quote from: Dixie Chicken on November 15, 2007, 08:48:15 am
They're probably trying to hint at Nebraska, but I think everyone besided Houston know's that plane flew away a long time ago.

He'll probably be taking a bus to his next job.

Nashville Fan

I hope that he doesn't go screw up the Cowboys. They are just now getting back on track.
Pittman or Bust!

Scott E.

Maybe it's the University of Brazil, and the "football" they speak of is actually soccer.  You can't throw the ball in soccer, so it's a great fit for Nutt.

Dr Swineglove

Quote from: KEYS on November 15, 2007, 09:10:33 am
Maybe it's the University of Brazil, and the "football" they speak of is actually soccer.  You can't throw the ball in soccer, so it's a great fit for Nutt.

The average Brazillian goaltender can throw a ball both better & further than a Nutt-coached QB.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

SteelShot

I doubt it.

That's the funniest thing I have heard all week.  I think the fact that he was trying to broker HIS 10 win season a year ago into a job with NC State or Miami and got shut down speaks volumes to the fact that a team with any expectations of winning at all will not hire Nutt. 
"Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint!"

silvertip

Quote from: LawnHog48 on November 15, 2007, 09:05:02 am

I doubt it.

I read that thread..They are happy for Nutt..He's deciding between Tenn-Michigan-Nebraska..These idiots are really saying this..The thing that really angers me is they don't give a flip about Arkansas..They want him to go somewhere better than Arkansas. I don't think there is a better place than Arkansas!!! What are they?? If we play a team Nutt coaches these idiots would root for Nutts team. Pitifull!!

PS..I don't think Nutt will ever get close to a place on the level of Arkansas..I don't wish the man well!!

Tenn and Michigan wouldn't give Nutt the time of day.

Scott E.

Quote from: Dr Swineglove on November 15, 2007, 09:12:30 am

The average Brazillian goaltender can throw a ball both better & further than a Nutt-coached QB.

True, but nobody has to catch the ball.  ;)

Nashville Fan

Quote from: KEYS on November 15, 2007, 09:13:37 am
Quote from: Dr Swineglove on November 15, 2007, 09:12:30 am

True, but nobody has to catch the ball.  ;)
Does that mean our QBs are going with him?
Pittman or Bust!

JIHawg

This is more BS put out by the Nutt camp on a board friendly to them.  What they are putting out is that Nutt will take Fulmer's place at Tennessee.

They actually may believe this bs.

Conway Cool Daddy

In the late 1600s Harvard had a helluva team. Undfeated that century, the were perenial NCs.

Army also was a powerhouse back in the day.

razordan

I no longer consider huggers human beings.

HognotinMemphis

If a school that is in a BCS conference hires Nutt, they'll be sorry for doing so. He's shown over 10 years that he cannot perform in a BCS conference.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: JIHawg on November 15, 2007, 09:15:16 am
This is more BS put out by the Nutt camp on a board friendly to them.  What they are putting out is that Nutt will take Fulmer's place at Tennessee.

I think those idiots do believe this.

Nashville Fan

Quote from: JIHawg on November 15, 2007, 09:15:16 am

Makes perfect sense considering his record against the east.
Pittman or Bust!

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Quote from: razordan on November 15, 2007, 09:17:23 am
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: +1  Hilarious!  :) Did I mention Fire  :puke: Houston Nutt?!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

Old Tusk

The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

razordan

They probably meant that the school he is going to has a better football tradition for losing or being mediocre than Arkansas does. Just a thought.

havok

Probably a BAC ploy to try and prop this man up, and make people Want to keep this so called "Hot Commodity", or more likely, get programs like SMU and Baylor to come to the table with a bigger offer since they will have to try and steal him away from this so called Big time Program.

cityhog

Quote from: LawnHog48 on November 15, 2007, 09:05:02 am

I doubt it.

What really gets my goat, is that these are the same people blasting darksiders for not supporting the whole team (ie including the staff).  So it would appear that it really isn't about the team for these people if they want him to land somewhere better than Arkansas.  It seems they are Houston Nutt fans and not Razorback fans. I hope they enjoy cheering for Houston Nutt's Bears/Mustangs/Mudbugs/wherever he winds up.

Kilgor

As long as he's gone, I don't give a flying monkey turd where he goes.  JUST GO!
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

OKhogfan1959

Cityhog..They are hypocrites..I swear hawgsports should chang their name to ILOVENUTTSPORTS!!

Razorhio

I hope he ends up at LSU or some other SEC West team.  It would certainly guarantee us a win every year, and some sweet revenge in the process.  There's no way it will happen though.  No AD at any SEC school is that stupid.

Kilgor

Quote from: Razorhio on November 15, 2007, 09:31:00 am
I hope he ends up at LSU or some other SEC West team.  It would certainly guarantee us a win every year, and some sweet revenge in the process.  There's no way it will happen though.  No AD at any SEC school is that stupid.

You forget about Nutt's ability to motivate the team for ONE game, to play over their heads.  He would be a thorn in our side in the SEC.

That said, it would still be better than him being here.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

TLFHAWG

31to6

I doubt it.
Nothing would make me happier than to see Nutt at LSU.

Razorhio

Quote from: Kilgor on November 15, 2007, 09:32:23 am
Quote from: Razorhio on November 15, 2007, 09:31:00 am

You forget about Nutt's ability to motivate the team for ONE game, to play over their heads.  He would be a thorn in our side in the SEC.

That said, it would still be better than him being here.

Good point.  He'd probably get the better of us his first year, but after that I gotta believe he'd be roadkill every year - especially if we land the type of coach all the rumors indicate, (and the subsequent level of talent they would recruit).

DisplacedHogFan

Quote from: LawnHog48 on November 15, 2007, 09:30:43 am
Cityhog..They are hypocrites..I swear hawgsports should chang their name to ILOVENUTTSPORTS!!

I see your at it again today, Lawnhog. Guess truth isn't your strong point. You take what ONE poster says over there (which turns into a debate I might add, because people over there are incredulous that this poster WITH NO INSIDE SOURCES would ever believe this) and turn it into a vendetta against the whole board. Honestly, man, if you are a subscriber on Hawgsports, I hope you are banned for bringing misinformation over here.

Perhaps you are the hypocrite for paying 9.99 a month for a board you can't stand? Just an observation.

Oh, and before you guys all pile on with the "Hugger" crap. I can't stand Nutt. Haven't liked him for years. I'm someone who doesn't get along with Otis and Trey very often on there, but I don't believe in dragging people through the mud when they haven't done anything to deserve it, either.

What you're doing is like me going to Hawgsports and quoting BigDeal and saying that was Hogville's opinion...

Hawgvillain

Shiloh?  They have won some championships...oh wait i forgot HDN hates Springdale...

TheNuttlessFrontier

Quote from: razordan on November 15, 2007, 09:17:23 am

They're all clones.  It's like on of those "Stepford Wives" things where they're all taught to think, act and talk just alike.