Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lunardi Has 8 SEC Teams In

Started by Adam Stokes, January 04, 2018, 09:42:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Stokes

With a bit of a buffer too. Alabama at a 10 seed has 7 spots between them and the cutoff line.

Hogs hold steady at 6.

Georgia is knocking on the door for a potential 9th team, only 6 spots out. I would think MSU or SC are the only other possibilities from the conference to break in, but both will have to finish 11-7 in conference. MSU because of their atrocious non-con schedule, SC because they will likely end non-con play 8-4 if they lose to #18 Texas Tech (who just beat Kansas at Kansas). I don't think either are 11-7 good.

4 Texas A&M
4 Kentucky
6 Arkansas
6 Tennessee
7 Auburn
8 Florida
9 Mizzou
10 Alabama

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

hawg66

That would be a very good draw. An 11 seed in round one then Wichita and Okie. I'd take it right now

Dwight_K_Shrute

His seeding shows how close the teams are.  No 1, 2, or 3's but heavy in the 4-8.  Going to be some battles this year.  Also good that Lunardi has that many SEC teams in right now.  I know he doesn't get a vote but bracketology at least affects committee members perception on strength of conference.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

niels_boar

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 04, 2018, 10:45:55 am
His seeding shows how close the teams are.  No 1, 2, or 3's but heavy in the 4-8.  Going to be some battles this year.  Also good that Lunardi has that many SEC teams in right now.  I know he doesn't get a vote but bracketology at least affects committee members perception on strength of conference.

This.  No SEC team has done enough at both ends to separate themselves from the pack, and each team has enough strengths that matchups and natural variability in level of play could decide a lot of games.  There isn't a single game in which one team can have a bad game and still have a good chance of winning unless the opponent reciprocates.  That doesn't mean that there won't be blowouts, but fortunes could easily reverse in the next game.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

beachhog

I think we'll be a higher seed. 

NuttinItUp

He also has us in Dallas. Fingers crossed.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 04, 2018, 09:24:56 pm
He also has us in Dallas. Fingers crossed.

Would love to be calling the Hogs in Dallas again.