Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#SECgrad patch

Started by jbcarol, August 03, 2017, 07:21:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

jbcarol

John Franklin III was among the students to walk across the stage at Auburn's commencement on Saturday but unlike all but one of the other recent graduates, he had football practice shortly after.

Quote"That's one thing no one can ever take away from you," Franklin said. "I've been going to school all my life, literally. So it's good to see that pay off. I'm happy about it."

Earning a Bachelor's degree was always a priority for Franklin, the son of educators, but whether he'd stay at Auburn after graduation was somewhat in question after last season.

Before Saturday's practice, the team's fifth of fall camp, Auburn coach Gus Malzahn called Franklin and Jason Smith up to congratulate them on graduating.

"(Franklin)'s been through some ups and downs but he hung in there and it says a lot about him," Malzahn said. "He's one of our leaders. He's trying to do everything he can to help the team, not just receiver but special teams and those things. I'm real proud of John."

Franklin said it was a "special" moment to be recognized by his coach and teammates. He explained why he's staying at Auburn for his senior season and play wide receiver.

"Transferring is a tough process and to be bouncing around from school to school, that's the last thing I wanted to do, to be honest," Franklin said. "Transferring was the last option because it takes a lot out of you. This is my third school and trying to make it a fourth? Four schools in five years doesn't look good for anybody.

"Transferring wasn't really an option. I had to figure out what I was going to do for this last year and me, coach Malzahn and (offensive coordinator Chip) Lindsey sat down and came up with a plan. It's working out for the best right now."

It's been a long and at times arduous path for Franklin, who began his career at Florida State before transferring to East Mississippi C.C. and then Auburn last year. His time at EMCC was chronicled at on the Netflix series Last Chance U, which led to both notoriety and criticism.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net