Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I was at the KY game and here is what I saw

Started by HognotinMemphis, February 21, 2018, 10:58:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hawgtime on February 22, 2018, 11:47:24 am
just rewatched the game.

9 times out of 10  Talent will beat Teams.  KY has Talent, do doubt.  I was hoping this was our year.  it was our best chance yet.

second was night and day.... we went cold and were still jacking up threes.  i LOVE threes, but if you aren't hitting, ratchet up the D and drive to the bucket!  we needed steals, easy buckets and fouls.

i love the HOGS and always will but geeeeesh.

i think a few McD all americans will go a long way with his game plan.
Athletics is 75% recruiting and 25% coaching. Mike can't coach so it is 100% recruiting for him and he can't compete with Calipari.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hawgtime

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 22, 2018, 01:54:40 pm
Athletics is 75% recruiting and 25% coaching. Mike can't coach so it is 100% recruiting for him and he can't compete with Calipari.

wish we had a homerun recruiter?  Mike's style is fun but we need more horses that are long, fast and can shoot!

Maximus Tusk

mboot

When 3 guys are trying to trap 2 it leaves a 3 on 2 on the other end. This led to numerous lobs, free throws, and wide open threes. If we play a half court game and rebound we win.

ChicoHog

Quote from: hawgtime on February 22, 2018, 03:13:52 pm
wish we had a homerun recruiter?  Mike's style is fun but we need more horses that are long, fast and can shoot!

I guess fun is a matter of opinion.  Giving up easy baskets against our press and giving them numerous shots each time down the floor due to poor rebounding to me is not fun.  Also needless fouls 35 ft from the basket drives me nuts.  To me fun is shooting well (which we can do), rebounding to get on the break, and very few turnovers and fouls (which we rarely do). 

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: ChicoHog on February 22, 2018, 09:27:52 pm
I guess fun is a matter of opinion.  Giving up easy baskets against our press and giving them numerous shots each time down the floor due to poor rebounding to me is not fun.  Also needless fouls 35 ft from the basket drives me nuts.  To me fun is shooting well (which we can do), rebounding to get on the break, and very few turnovers and fouls (which we rarely do).
this is accurate. Watching the KY game, and the difficulty in getting there to watch it, was not fun. The first half was ok and resulted in a tie game at the half. The 2nd half was pure misery and even when it was only a 3 pt game mid way through 2nd half, not a person in the stands thought Ark was going to win the game at that point. You could feel it and see it via the way the Hogs had already begun to play on offense.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.