Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We need 1 more win

Started by checkraiser88, February 20, 2018, 10:41:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

At Alabama, Auburn, at Mizzou....Which one do we get?

elksnort

Take your pick because with this team any of the combinations are possible

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: checkraiser88 on February 20, 2018, 10:41:54 pm
At Alabama, Auburn, at Mizzou....Which one do we get?

(1) more if it's Auburn

(2) more if the other 2

To be safe....

Now if we go 1-2 we need a SEC tourney win and we may still be on the bubble.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

elksnort

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on February 20, 2018, 10:43:09 pm
It doesn't matter.  This team can't make a run in any tourney.
with the right draw this team probably could. It's a lot about who you have to play. Likeliness not likely

jst01

Bama-away game, L
Aub- becomes must win, too much pressure, Aub playing for conference title, L
Mizzu- away game, L

BassinHawg

In all honesty I see them struggling to win just one and that's a Missouri, no way they beat Bama or Auburn, those are 15 point plus losses.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

la20688

I wouldn't be surprised if we win our next two. In fact I think we will.

elksnort

Quote from: la20688 on February 20, 2018, 10:45:56 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if we win our next two. In fact I think we will.
and you're likely quite right.

Breems

We'll beat Auburn and lose the other 2.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Sigepgator702

2–1 is most likely.  Win 2 in a row and lose to Missouri. 

rude1

Quote from: Sigepgator702 on February 20, 2018, 11:04:56 pm
2–1 is most likely.  Win 2 in a row and lose to Missouri. 
So you really believe it is likely that we will double or road win totals over the last 3 games?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: rude1 on February 20, 2018, 11:07:54 pm
So you really believe it is likely that we will double or road win totals over the last 3 games?
we went 6-3 on the road last year😂
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

rude1

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 20, 2018, 11:09:08 pm
I forget, how many of those wins do we get to carry forward to future years?

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: BassinHawg on February 20, 2018, 10:44:32 pm
In all honesty I see them struggling to win just one and that's a Missouri, no way they beat Bama or Auburn, those are 15 point plus losses.

We should have beaten Auburn in their house last time but the horrible shooting start doomed us even though we scored 50 we went 4-19 from outside the arc.

Arkansas is easily taller than Auburn which is why we outrebounded them.   

Arkansas 90 Auburn 79
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 20, 2018, 11:09:08 pm

The next (2) are not on the road

@Alabama
Auburn
@Missouri
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Breems on February 20, 2018, 10:53:17 pm
We'll beat Auburn and lose the other 2.

People are only looking at Auburn's rankings and not how we matchup.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

WillsWorld

I can't see us winning any of those last 3 games. Bama and Mizzou look like road blowouts and Auburn looks like they will embarrass us at home just like Kentucky did tonight.

TeufelHog

Do not see us winning another regular season game.  Alabama and Auburn are both better teams and, if my memory serves me well, we barely escaped losing to Mizzou at home last time we played.

urkillnmesmalls

What do we need the win for?  To squeak our way into the NCAAT and play one game?  We just got curb stomped by an average KY team.  That's what chaps me about it the most.  I saw zero fire out of our team tonight.   

I know, I know...everyone says, "Well, you can't win 'em all.  It was bound to happen.  It's not the end of the world." 

BUT...what it WAS, was a chance for the PROGRAM to make a statement.  We finally play a KY team that's NOT worlds ahead of us in talent, AT HOME, and we look lackluster.  After fighting our way to two 6 point leads in the first half, after squandering the initial 11 point lead that all KNEW we couldn't hold, we made two horrible turnovers and KY went on the run that put them up.  After Macon's shot going into the half, that was it for us...we never had nearly enough effort on either end of the court. 

We had a chance, in the NATIONAL spotlight, to maybe send a message to a few recruits that hey...we can play a little too, so no  reason to run off to KY. 

And I'll call it was it was...A CHOKE.  About 2 minutes into the second half, they just started punking us.  We couldn't stay in front of anyone dribbling, couldn't get a defensive rebound, and they were taking uncontested shots in the lane at will. 

We didn't lose because KY played an incredible ball game.  We lost because we got pushed around, and out hustled. 

"Well...we went on that run of 4 wins, and that took a lot out of us.  We were due for a let down game after all the pressure of those "must win" games." 

Must win for what?  I would argue that beating KY on national TV is every bit as important to us as playing Butler in the NCAAT.....if not more so. 

We looked like boys playing men, and they're Fr.  Hard to watch....   :(     
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

batmanfan

Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

batmanfan

Year 7 and we are still just trying to find ways to get into the tournament. Sad.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

RacinRazorback

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 20, 2018, 11:44:25 pm
What do we need the win for?  To squeak our way into the NCAAT and play one game?  We just got curb stomped by an average KY team.  That's what chaps me about it the most.  I saw zero fire out of our team tonight.   

I know, I know...everyone says, "Well, you can't win 'em all.  It was bound to happen.  It's not the end of the world." 

BUT...what it WAS, was a chance for the PROGRAM to make a statement.  We finally play a KY team that's NOT worlds ahead of us in talent, AT HOME, and we look lackluster.  After fighting our way to two 6 point leads in the first half, after squandering the initial 11 point lead that all KNEW we couldn't hold, we made two horrible turnovers and KY went on the run that put them up.  After Macon's shot going into the half, that was it for us...we never had nearly enough effort on either end of the court. 

We had a chance, in the NATIONAL spotlight, to maybe send a message to a few recruits that hey...we can play a little too, so no  reason to run off to KY. 

And I'll call it was it was...A CHOKE.  About 2 minutes into the second half, they just started punking us.  We couldn't stay in front of anyone dribbling, couldn't get a defensive rebound, and they were taking uncontested shots in the lane at will. 

We didn't lose because KY played an incredible ball game.  We lost because we got pushed around, and out hustled. 

"Well...we went on that run of 4 wins, and that took a lot out of us.  We were due for a let down game after all the pressure of those "must win" games." 

Must win for what?  I would argue that beating KY on national TV is every bit as important to us as playing Butler in the NCAAT.....if not more so. 

We looked like boys playing men, and they're Fr.  Hard to watch....   :(     

I couldn't agree more!! When we go flat you can pack it in because we never pick up play like KY did tonite. They took it on the chin to start the game then absolutely dominated us the rest of the way! When we go to Bama it won't be a game from the tip, they will be dunking on us and lighting it up from 3, while getting offensive rebounds by the bunches! I know this was only 1 game, but for us as a program trending up, it was the BIGGEST game and we tanked the 2nd half! Sad.......WPS!

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: batmanfan on February 21, 2018, 12:17:47 am
Year 7 and we are still just trying to find ways to get into the tournament. Sad.

Exactly.

tomw

20 games in the win column is no guarantee to get into the tournament..specially with upsets in conference tournaments...hogs arent even in top 40 teams the way it is

redleg

We need one more win to do what? Get to 20? Yes, that's factual. Get into the NCAA Tourney? HA! No way. Get into the NIT? Possibly.
I don't see this team winning road games at Alabama or Mizzou, and I don't see them winning at home over an Auburn team that is better than UK this year. Although, winning at home is more likely than winning on the road, so I'll begrudgingly go with that.
Any wins in the SEC Tourney will depend entirely on where they are seeded and who they play.

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

urkillnmesmalls

I have a feeling we're going to lose all three, and have to win the SET to get in.  I hope I'm wrong.  Last night ESPN's analysts, including Lunardi, were NOT high on the hogs, an that's an understatement. 

I just don't think the selection committee is going to be as high on the SEC as some think, and I have a feeling they'll be looking for a way to limit the SEC entrants.  I think we're a better team than a lot who may get in, but with who we have left, the committee doesn't like to see teams limp in with losses.

What worries me the most....is if you're going to view the conference on the whole, then we have no justification for losing twice to LSU, and to Miss State.  There was even some talk of one or both of them getting in BEFORE us if they finish strong and get a win or two in the SET.  :o :o    LSU would have a case if they finish strong, because they sure did handle us.     
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.