Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cook

Started by labb, December 10, 2017, 06:58:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

labb

I watched him pretty close last night. I know he is rusty right now but he will help us before the season is over. Watch him move. He is very quick. Can guard the pick and roll. His D is pretty strong. Look for his O to come around by Feb. JMO

mhuff

Know Cook is rusty , but I noticed that Jones and he we're not getting back down court on defense.   

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: labb on December 10, 2017, 06:58:15 pm
I watched him pretty close last night. I know he is rusty right now but he will help us before the season is over. Watch him move. He is very quick. Can guard the pick and roll. His D is pretty strong. Look for his O to come around by Feb. JMO
Don't see that at all. He's stiff and he's got no offensive game. I hope Mike continues to play Bailey a bunch he has much more upside and athletic ability than Cook.

The_Iceman

Not better than Bailey or Thomas. May help as a backup 5 if there is foul trouble

BannerMountainMan

Why do we all argue about Cook, Thomas, and Bailey?? Just let Mike give them all minutes and whoever plays better Gets a few more minutes than the other.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 10, 2017, 07:18:21 pm
Not better than Bailey or Thomas. May help as a backup 5 if there is foul trouble

Just wait.  Any one of those three will have their night.  Last year if Cook wasn't playing well, DT would step up and vice versa. 

From the pst two games, I'm remembering what's so great about Cook, he can get around the court quick, and is very scrappy.  I think he'll step up his offensive game too.

razorback1829

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 10, 2017, 07:26:33 pm
Why do we all argue about Cook, Thomas, and Bailey?? Just let Mike give them all minutes and whoever plays better Gets a few more minutes than the other.

Cook was playing so well and doing all the little things last night that you need from a glue guy. Defended well, set some great screens in the offense. There was one hell of a screen he set in our transition offense for CJ to get him a great look in the corner. Just a lot f little things like that.

lynbug

THANK YOU!  On any given night any one of those are capable of making a contribution or being a non-factor.

AlmaHog2011

Only fair Mike is the coach. I am good with that as if it matters.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: lynbug on December 10, 2017, 08:06:12 pm
THANK YOU!  On any given night any one of those are capable of making a contribution or being a non-factor.
you are right. So far is should be Thomas 15 minutes Bailey 15 minutes and Cook 10. It'll all play itself out
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

NWAHog479

I think all of our PFs have been playing well. They all bring something different to the table, good problem to have.