Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Biggest assistant hire S&C coach

Started by AlmaHog2011, December 10, 2017, 01:20:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AlmaHog2011

I think as much as any hire we have to get a great strength and conditioning coach and staff. They spend more time than with the players than any of the coaches.

I know we have a bunch of Herbert fans on here but we got pushed around and did not look physically strong in the trenches.

lilRockNDubb

Calling All Hogs

Sounds like we need a coach that really stresses conditioning as well as strength.

Flrazrback

Realize that in order to play up tempo football your endurance and cardio work is just as important as being a beast in the weight room. The 350 pound lineman now has to be trimmed to 325 and ready to run wind sprints ... Going to be a FUN year

Lakerhog

Hugo Bezdek

Bring back Jason Veltkamp and the sledehammers. Ring the Bell.

welchog

Yep.  Really sick and tired of hearing about one-legged squats and seeing legs in walking boots.

blueridger

Trumain Carroll is the real deal. He and Rhett Brooks were a big part of the continual improvement at SMU.
Critical...critical hire.

HighcountryHog

Players need to be broken mentally and physically.  Bring in a drill sergeant.  No props, gimmicks, or stupid phrases. Just a relentless fitness regime.
no bumps, no fat chicks

hawgXi

Quote from: HighcountryHog on December 10, 2017, 03:59:52 pm
Players need to be broken mentally and physically.  Bring in a drill sergeant.  No props, gimmicks, or stupid phrases. Just a relentless fitness regime.

Put um on cleveland street hill all summer & they'll be ready to roll next fall

masbas3

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 10, 2017, 01:20:11 pm
I think as much as any hire we have to get a great strength and conditioning coach and staff. They spend more time than with the players than any of the coaches.

I know we have a bunch of Herbert fans on here but we got pushed around and did not look physically strong in the trenches.

I didn't know we had any Herbert fans on here.  Our players looked great in the mirror but were weak against opponents, getting pushed all over the field and also would tire easily.  Reminded me of guys at the gym on creatine, all puffed up with muscles but couldn't do anything.

jackflash

wouldn't surprise he would rob SMU some more

Phil D

Quote from: jackflash on December 11, 2017, 12:25:31 am
wouldn't surprise he would rob SMU some more

Well he did hire them all so there's that.
GO HOGS!!!!!!

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Pork Twain

As a note, it does not matter how strong a player is, if they are taught poor technique on the field
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Kevin

when cbb was hired, the two coaches I want him to bring was herb, and partridge.

herb was a disappointment. but he was doing what the head coach wanted him to do.

wish partridge would have never left.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

go hogues

Quote from: HighcountryHog on December 10, 2017, 03:59:52 pm
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Cotton

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on December 10, 2017, 02:04:23 pm
Sounds like we need a coach that really stresses conditioning as well as strength.
I've been around several HUNH/Fast Paced style offenses and their practices are 10 times harder than games as far as conditioning goes.  The players will tell you how much they look forward to games cause its easier than practice.  Would think CCM has a similar ideology
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

BoynamedWooPigSooie

I bet Marv Marinovich would take the job for Herb's $300K
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

ballz2thewall

cardio is it. everything follows it.

always has been; always will be.
The rest of the frog.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Kevin on December 11, 2017, 08:52:16 am
when cbb was hired, the two coaches I want him to bring was herb, and partridge.

herb was a disappointment. but he was doing what the head coach wanted him to do.

wish partridge would have never left.

If Chaney, Partridge and Pittman don't leave then maybe both Jeff and Bret are still here.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: masbas3 on December 10, 2017, 04:17:33 pm
I didn't know we had any Herbert fans on here.  Our players looked great in the mirror but were weak against opponents, getting pushed all over the field and also would tire easily.  Reminded me of guys at the gym on creatine, all puffed up with muscles but couldn't do anything.

I was a Herbert fan until I watched what was happening on the field. Lack of power inside and lack of muscle hanging. I have seen many a creatine guys in the gym. I get that lol. I have also seen amazing results and super fast with steroid and growth hormone takers.