Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Home and away

Started by BannerMountainMan, December 10, 2017, 09:47:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

I heard a poster saying this team is just good and we will all our games at Bud Walton and go .500 on the road, well dang hell, that'll put us at 11-2 in non conf and 9-0 at home and either 4-5 or 5-4 on the road so that'll either be 25-6 or 24-7 and either of those gets us atleast a 5 seed and probably #2 in the SEC, I'll take that any damn day of the week! WPS!!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

incHOGnito

I still expect a head-scratching loss somewhere along the way and I am not sure that is a bad thing. I think Houston refocused is after a good tourney in Portland. I think the road game against MIssissippi State will be very telling.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: incHOGnito on December 10, 2017, 09:50:21 am
I still expect a head-scratching loss somewhere along the way and I am not sure that is a bad thing. I think Houston refocused is after a good tourney in Portland. I think the road game against MIssissippi State will be very telling.

Pretty well every team has a head scratching loss in basketball.  You shoot bad, they shoot well, you're fatigued, they're fresh.  Duke lost to BC...it happens. 

Mike is on the verge of getting enough top athletes to be an elite team.  No one wants to come play us at BWA right now...NO ONE. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 10, 2017, 09:47:08 am
I heard a poster saying this team is just good and we will all our games at Bud Walton and go .500 on the road, well dang hell, that'll put us at 11-2 in non conf and 9-0 at home and either 4-5 or 5-4 on the road so that'll either be 25-6 or 24-7 and either of those gets us atleast a 5 seed and probably #2 in the SEC, I'll take that any damn day of the week! WPS!!

Where did you meet, in a bar or something? I would love to have a beer with a poster on here and chop it up about the Hogs.  8)
Hogs up! Covid down!

jjdlc

That was Nolan's stated goal, be undefeated at home, and get to .500 on the road.  Any team that can do that every year is in great shape to make a good run post season.

dfwalumdad

that's always been the formula in the sec. can we just get that stipulated too in writing and move on to our seeding in the ncaa tournament.

niels_boar

Any team that is .500 on the road in the SEC this season is a third-week contender in the NCAAT.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

311Hog

Quote from: niels_boar on December 10, 2017, 01:27:53 pm
Any team that is .500 on the road in the SEC this season is a third-week contender in the NCAAT.

^^^^ this

hopefully we are peaking at tourney time because we have the fire power.