Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This may be.......

Started by Martygit, December 09, 2017, 06:13:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Martygit

.......the best team we've had in a long, long time  ;D
RIP OTR, REV

Hogwop

It sure looks like it. They are a blast to watch and easy to root for!
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

Hoggish1

Quote from: ResIpsaLoquitur on December 09, 2017, 06:13:24 pm
.......the best team we've had in a long, long time  ;D

Well, for me it is THE best, but I've only been watching since 1997.

Martygit

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 09, 2017, 06:41:39 pm
Well, for me it is THE best, but I've only been watching since 1997.

Well, I was there in '94-95 so I can't say it is the best of all time - but it sure looks like the best since then
RIP OTR, REV

Hogwop

Just a few years late. You missed some awesome ball. This team is very reminiscent of some of those teams.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.

Tortfeasor

Quote from: Hogwop on December 09, 2017, 06:45:38 pm
Just a few years late. You missed some awesome ball. This team is very reminiscent of some of those teams.

Running the floor and getting easy basket ahead of the defense brings back some great memories.

Martygit

Quote from: Hogwop on December 09, 2017, 06:45:38 pm

I didn't miss any of the "awesome ball" - that time in the mid-90's when Nolan would substitute the entire team and the crowd would shout: "Now you're playing the second best team in the nation" - it was a wonderful time - maybe again? Don't know, but I like this team!!
RIP OTR, REV

Hogwop

Quote from: ResIpsaLoquitur on December 09, 2017, 07:11:59 pm
I didn't miss any of the "awesome ball" - that time in the mid-90's when Nolan would substitute the entire team and the crowd would shout: "Now you're playing the second best team in the nation" - it was a wonderful time - maybe again? Don't know, but I like this team!!
I meant the dude who said he didn't start watching til '97, thought that was kind of obvious
Pigga what?!

Cambridge Hog

Gifford is special. i hope he sticks around next year.

RazorNick

I don't like the talk of Gafford possibly being one and done. Anybody else hear that?

Martygit

Quote from: Hogwop on December 09, 2017, 07:14:00 pm
I meant the dude who said he didn't start watching til '97, thought that was kind of obvious

Sorry - my dementia is kicking in - thought you were talking about what I posted - should have known otherwise
RIP OTR, REV

hawgdavis

Gave me flashbacks to the 90's . Fun team wow

Hogwop

Quote from: ResIpsaLoquitur on December 09, 2017, 07:43:48 pm
Sorry - my dementia is kicking in - thought you were talking about what I posted - should have known otherwise

It's all good! Huge win right there! It's hard to not get excited about this team
Pigga what?!

BDSCT51

I concur with this assessment! Haven't been this pumped for Hawgball in a long time!
Bleeding Razorback Red

Hawg Red

Quote from: RazorNick on December 09, 2017, 07:23:35 pm
I don't like the talk of Gafford possibly being one and done. Anybody else hear that?

I'm seeing it every time I watch him play.

daprospecta

He could be one and done and sneak in the 1st or come back for a year and be a potential top 5.  If he is a 1st round lock, let him go.  He has represented the HOGS thus far very well and you have to want what is best for him.

SPAL

Hogwop

Quote from: Hawg Red on December 09, 2017, 08:02:47 pm
I'm seeing it every time I watch him play.
Quote from: daprospecta on December 09, 2017, 08:04:59 pm
He could be one and done and sneak in the 1st or come back for a year and be a potential top 5.  If he is a 1st round lock, let him go.  He has represented the HOGS thus far very well and you have to want what is best for him.
Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 09, 2017, 08:20:36 pm
Hopefully
I agree with all these statements
Pigga what?!

rzrbackramsfan

I think Gaffords a lottery pick after this year.  He's a can't miss prospect.

Bkhardicars

I told my Dad tonight Gafford probably not a lottery pick, but I think  he's a first rounder this year. HOpe we get 2 years out of him, but can't blame him if he goes.It will help us recruit another great one!

HawgsPolo

Stop being so selfish lol
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

Hogz87

Until I see us play through the bulk of our SEC schedule, I won't even concede this team is better than last year's team or the 2015 team.

I absolutely think this team has the potential to be our best team in a long time, yes, but last year's team rounded into form and ended up being very, very good.  And the 2015 team was good enough throughout the year to get a 5-seed in the tournament and you could've argued that team deserved a 4-seed. 

I do love this team's potential.  After Gafford's immediate emergence, I realized we had our Moses Kingsley replacement.  However, we were still missing a Dusty Hannahs replacement as a 3P sniper.  Right now it appears C.J. Jones has nicely taken over that role.  This team's depth overall is better than last year's, too.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Bkhardicars on December 09, 2017, 08:36:35 pm
I told my Dad tonight Gafford probably not a lottery pick, but I think  he's a first rounder this year. HOpe we get 2 years out of him, but can't blame him if he goes.It will help us recruit another great one!

Or maybe 2 or 3 more. We greedy hogs.
Hogs up! Covid down!

SSFrazorback

Gafford is showing that CMA can coach a great big man. It should help us in recruiting other bigs.