Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possible DC

Started by HogT, December 08, 2017, 06:42:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogT

What do you think about Todd Graham for DC?

Discuss

SIAP
Practice does not make perfect...
Practice makes permanent...
PERFECT practice makes perfect...

JONAS

Porknoxville

Charlie partridge as DL Coach!
Bud Foster as DC!

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HogT

You will never get Foster. More likely to get BV than Foster IMO.

farmhawg

Quote from: HogT on December 08, 2017, 06:42:09 pm
What do you think about Todd Graham for DC?

Discuss

SIAP
You people need to read more.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

checkraiser88

I have a feeling we are going to get a DC used to coaching for a team that runs the spread. Nerds, get to work and find a short list for Hogville

Lanlord

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 08, 2017, 06:56:10 pm
I have a feeling we are going to get a DC used to coaching for a team that runs the spread. Nerds, get to work and find a short list for Hogville

I gave my list to Morris.  :p

Hog Pharm

Pretty much every name mentioned since nearly every team runs the spread.

Smashmouth2004

JONAS

Quote from: HogT on December 08, 2017, 06:50:32 pm

Foster is old.

HogT

checkraiser88

Quote from: Hog Pharm on December 08, 2017, 06:58:02 pm
Pretty much every name mentioned since nearly every team runs the spread.

Ok what about spread teams that play as quick as auburn or us

Birminghog

Quote from: HogT on December 08, 2017, 06:50:32 pm

"You'll never get Matt and Mr. Fabulous out of them high paying gigs."

https://youtu.be/GLUNypEfrFQ?t=3m12s

Dwight_K_Shrute

There was already a thread polls etc about next DC. You want a DC that pairs perfectly with tempo/spread?  Meet Alex Grinch. Should be the first call Morris makes. https://dailyevergreen.com/20210/sports/grinch-brings-different-mentality-to-wsu-defense/
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hog_fan

Hawginj

Quote from: Porknoxville on December 08, 2017, 06:47:08 pm
Charlie partridge as DL Coach!
Bud Foster as DC!
Brian Early DL, and Yes please Bud Foster

Hawginj

Quote from: HogT on December 08, 2017, 07:02:08 pm
Not a bad choice
I love the Idea of Hobby as DC hope they go with him

hog_fan

I like to see early.

Why would Hobby return to and he has never ran the defense. I expect a current DC.

Hawginj

Quote from: hog_fan on December 08, 2017, 08:04:57 pm
I like to see early.

Why would Hobby return to and he has never ran the defense. I expect a current DC.
he was Dukes DC before going to Clemson to be their CoDC. So yes I believe hes run a defense.

Hawginj

Quote from: hog_fan on December 08, 2017, 08:04:57 pm
I like to see early.

Pork Twain

Why would Bud Foster ever leave VT, where he has been since 1999?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

sechog

Morris does have a good relationship with Graham

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 08, 2017, 07:23:20 pm
There was already a thread polls etc about next DC. You want a DC that pairs perfectly with tempo/spread?  Meet Alex Grinch. Should be the first call Morris makes. https://dailyevergreen.com/20210/sports/grinch-brings-different-mentality-to-wsu-defense/

I like but does coach know him and does he recruit Texas?

JIHawg

Lets get a young guy, an animal, Pete Golden, San Antonio Texas Aztecs

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 08, 2017, 07:23:20 pm

You mean A Grinch that allowed unranked Cal to score 37 points in a 37-3 loss. an unranked Arizona to score 58 in a 58-37 loss and allowed Washington to score 41 in a 41-24 loss in 2017

in 2016 allowed eastern Michy to score 45, Boise 31, Colorado 38 and Wash 45 in losses. Not to mention 33,32,31 in wins

in 2015 his D allowed 24, 30, 45 in losses. In wins they allowed 34, 38, 31, 42, 24, and 27

Not that impressed.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

StadiumDrive

No to Graham.

I would normally say "nothing against him personally, I'm sure he's a great guy", but I don't know if that's the case. 

Many years back I talked to some folks close to the program when he was at Tulsa and I'm not sure he treats people all that well. And for that reason, I'm out.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 08, 2017, 10:00:37 pm
Why would Bud Foster ever leave VT, where he has been since 1999?
b/c he was supposed to be the HC when the old man finally retired. He passed on several good jobs out of loyalty. Then, Beamer finally retired and they hire FUENTE? A fraud, who was carried by Memphis and then by Bud Foster. Bud knows he's the better coach everyday in that meeting room, and he was there first, yet he is the underling. Plus, he makes what we paid Paul Rhoads. So, yeah, double him up and name him associate HC and thats a wrap. Oh, and I believe he's a Jimmy Sexton client.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ronmahony

Well while we are suggesting ex coaches as D.C.'s, why not call Bob Stoops up and see if he is out of money yet?
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

pigmania

TN HOG

I believe Graham is a very high probability as the new Hog DC.
Play like a Champion!

HogPharmer

Quote from: TN HOG on December 09, 2017, 02:27:46 am

I wouldn't be disappointed.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 09, 2017, 02:37:49 am
I wouldn't be disappointed.

I think we can do better, but if it's Graham and he does nothing but concentrate on defense, I'd probably warm up to it.
This is my non-signature signature.

Phil D

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 08, 2017, 07:02:53 pm
Ok what about spread teams that play as quick as auburn or us

Slow down bro we aint fast yet
GO HOGS!!!!!!

Kevin

if it is him, what is the delay
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

BR

Arizona State FIRED him, Kept his entire Staff and Hired Herm Edwards to manage his staff...   Pac 12 Network said he was mainly because he is almost impossible to work for and didn't play well with the High Dollar Supporters.   

He had the 108th ranked "D" in the Country this year... http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22/p3

Arkansas had the 103rd if that helps..... 
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

pigmania

Quote from: BR on December 09, 2017, 07:45:44 am
Arizona State FIRED him, Kept his entire Staff and Hired Herm Edwards to manage his staff...   Pac 12 Network said he was mainly because he is almost impossible to work for and didn't play well with the High Dollar Supporters.   

He had the 108th ranked "D" in the Country this year... http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22/p3

Arkansas had the 103rd if that helps..... 
His defensive ranking will go well with Chad Morris' 80th ranked recruiting class he had last year.

rljjr

Quote from: Hawginj on December 08, 2017, 08:15:51 pm

I have to say he seems to have the boxes checked. I wouldn't be disappointed.

hog_fan

How can he publicy say he is going to hire best DC and hire someone whose defense wasn't top 100? My guess is no matter how unlikely it seems, he will try for Brent V. I heard he has 1.5 million if needed. He knows how important the DC hire us.

Hogtimes

I sure hope not

Hogtimes

Quote from: hog_fan on December 09, 2017, 08:34:40 am
How can he publicy say he is going to hire best DC and hire someone whose defense wasn't top 100? My guess is no matter how unlikely it seems, he will try for Brent V. I heard he has 1.5 million if needed. He knows how important the DC hire us.

Venables makes around $2 million with incentives and will likely get a raise soon.

Hawginj

Quote from: rljjr on December 09, 2017, 08:21:44 am
I have to say he seems to have the boxes checked. I wouldn't be disappointed.
if we cant pull in Venables which i admit is a very long shot, or a Bud Foster also long shot i would choose Hobby over Chavis,Chizik, or Graham. Im also a fan of Pete  Golding if we stick to young and hungry hes got plenty of ties to Mississippi and Louisiana.

razorbass

I thought he already had a shortlist

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: hog_fan on December 09, 2017, 08:34:40 am

Venables makes 1.7 right now iirc

island hog

I think that if it were Graham, he'd be here already. 

DeltaBoy

How bout the D.C. at Ark State!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 10, 2017, 10:12:07 am
How bout the D.C. at Ark State!
i think we'll hire Ealy as an assistant, but not as a DC.

Chad said "Im gonna bring in the best defensive coordinator in the country, alright?"