Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ben Herbert gone

Started by IronMountainHog, December 08, 2017, 01:47:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redeye

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 08, 2017, 02:42:20 pm
OK?  What is your verdict?

I don't have one and I'm not agreeing/disagreeing with anyone.  I don't have the knowledge to know who's good and who's bad.  It just doesn't make sense that every new S&C coach is good when he arrives, but bad when he leaves.  I don't believe that Arkansas destroys S&C coaches like that, even after considering Orgeron...  :D

twistitup

Herb was on here defending himself a couple weeks back...I forget his name- but was def him
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: twistitup on December 08, 2017, 02:52:15 pm
Herb was on here defending himself a couple weeks back

What's the username?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

twistitup

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on December 08, 2017, 02:53:49 pm
What's the username?

Can't remember but it was the thread wanting him to not be retained...he defended himself

PorkRinds

Quote from: twistitup on December 08, 2017, 02:55:45 pm
Can't remember but it was the thread wanting him to not be retained...he defended himself

What did he say?

_Hamlet_

I've got a source and he said all the offices for the strength coaches are cleared out completely and name plates are off the doors.

blueridger

I'll be surprised if Coach Morris doesn't bring his SMU S&C  coach.  Incredible transformation of the players over a 2 year period.  Combined with good nutrition and eating habits...it's amazing how quickly these youngin's can get lean and mean.  Even the big  uglies!

Wildhog

Quote from: blueridger on December 08, 2017, 03:01:33 pm
I'll be surprised if Coach Morris doesn't bring his SMU S&C  coach.  Incredible transformation of the players over a 2 year period.  Combined with good nutrition and eating habits...it's amazing how quickly these youngin's can get lean and mean.  Even the big  uglies!

He already did.  Trumain Carroll.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: _Hamlet_ on December 08, 2017, 03:00:26 pm
I've got a source and he said all the offices for the strength coaches are cleared out completely and name plates are off the doors.

So I guess those "voluntary" workouts are now truly voluntary.........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

zebradynasty

Quote from: Uncommon on December 08, 2017, 02:11:31 pm
That is true.  I watched a Ravens game not too far back and Alex Collins looks completely different than he did his last year here.  I think he's a lot more explosive now since he's dropped some weight.

Yep and did the same thing to Whaley! Whaley wasn't as shifty as Collins but he had far more wiggle as a freshman than this season in which he looked 10-15lbs heavier. Petrino liked big backs but the kids he used were naturally big kids. Whaley is not a 230lb running back!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: twistitup on December 08, 2017, 02:55:45 pm

Lol, did that thread get axed too?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

twistitup

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 08, 2017, 02:59:10 pm
What did he say?

It wasn't s&c's fault, they did their job, he followed the plan, etc...wasn't about strength and cond

AirWarren

PorkRinds

Quote from: twistitup on December 08, 2017, 03:04:59 pm
It wasn't s&c's fault, they did their job, he followed the plan, etc...wasn't about strength and cond

I'd like to see that.

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 08, 2017, 03:02:44 pm
So I guess those "voluntary" workouts are now truly voluntary.........................

With finals starting Monday, I doubt they are doing anymore than voluntary workouts anyway.

lakecityhog

I LOVE this place! When BB and Herb first came the honeymoon was so much like what is going on right now and boy has the worm turned.
Those of you shouting at the naysayers today will be the same ones making threads just like this if Morris and his crew are not successful!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on December 08, 2017, 03:13:49 pm
With finals starting Monday, I doubt they are doing anymore than voluntary workouts anyway.

Good Point. I forgot about that.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jgphillips3

Not trying to use the Nuremberg defense here but I think Herb was doing what he was told by Bielema.  Still...time for a fresh start.

hogfanny

No tellin how many wins we lost from simply not being as good of s&c as opponents.WPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: IronMountainHog on December 08, 2017, 01:48:34 pm
I can't name one team we pushed around, I can't name one team that didn't push us around.
Texas Tech 2014
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Silent

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on December 08, 2017, 02:53:49 pm
What's the username?

That would be me, still like Herb. But I was wrong and I'll admit it, I figured he would be retained. He knows what he's doing regardless of what the keyboard warriors say lol. Be curious to see where he ends up.

Ex-Trumpet

DeltaBoy

Glad he is gone. We had to many injures with him on the Hill.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

IronHog

Quote from: Silent on December 08, 2017, 03:30:45 pm
That would be me, still like Herb. But I was wrong and I'll admit it, I figured he would be retained. He knows what he's doing regardless of what the keyboard warriors say lol. Be curious to see where he ends up.

Guy stinks.

I'm 40ish, don't work out, and can actually get in a 3pt stance better than some of their lineman at the same weight
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

ricepig

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 08, 2017, 03:22:01 pm
Not trying to use the Nuremberg defense here but I think Herb was doing what he was told by Bielema.  Still...time for a fresh start.

Do you actually think Bielema knew anything about workout??

HawgWild

PorkRinds

Quote from: Silent on December 08, 2017, 03:30:45 pm

Didn't figure it was actually Herbert.

MasterChiefHog

I can't name one team we pushed around, I can't name one team that didn't push us around.
Texas Tech 3 years ago or so.
Quote from: oldman1015 on December 28, 2017, 11:40:00 am
Having a bad day or always a dick?
Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on December 06, 2019, 09:39:55 am
Sorry fo any misspells or paragraph s. I m on a scaffold.
Quote from: Hogwild on October 18, 2018, 08:23:47 amSince we are being optimistic, let's go full tilt boogie! If we win out, Ole Miss wins out, and Bama loses out. Then all we need is Miss. State to win against LSU & Texas A&M, and then have the Aggies upset LSU. 
And then we are hanging an SEC WEST Champion banner.

jgphillips3

Quote from: ricepig on December 08, 2017, 03:39:08 pm

I think he told his staff what he wanted and they did as they were told...yes.  Now, I do doubt that Bielema actually supervised in any real way.  I mean the team essentially disintegrated over a three year period so I think it is obvious he was asleep (or passed out) at the wheel. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on December 08, 2017, 03:39:08 pm

He would try to read the reports about it but kept falling asleep in the meetings while trying to do so.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 08, 2017, 03:44:17 pm
I think he told his staff what he wanted and they did as they were told...yes.  Now, I do doubt that Bielema actually supervised in any real way.  I mean the team essentially disintegrated over a three year period so I think it is obvious he was asleep (or passed out) at the wheel in the players meetings.

FIFY

snoblind

Quote from: redeye on December 08, 2017, 02:39:08 pm
Been waiting for this thread.

Every time we hire a new coach, the new S&C coach is heralded as great and the old S&C coach was terrible.

Meh.  I've seen plenty of negative comments the past couple of years.  There are a couple of folks who always show up to remind us how many letters he has behind his name and how wrong everyone is.

Rudy Baylor

they better not have fired Kiero

hawgXi

Quote from: ICEman on December 08, 2017, 02:06:04 pm
He was creating bodybuilders who had little or no stamina.

agree 100%

that resulted in numerous 4th qtr flops

not to mention injuries.

take a look at the bodys on the 4 playoff teams lines.

all flat bellies playing 20-40 pounds lighter than our offensive & defensive lines.

imo, larding up bijohn was criminal.  plus agim is playing 30 pounds over his ideal playing weight.

that'll slow um down

those were two of the finest DL we ever recruited out of HS, imo.  shame on Herb for putting that body on them

Dark Helmet Hog

Herb was the bane of Bielema. I feel sorry for any team that picks him up... pimp him to Auburn.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on December 08, 2017, 03:51:20 pm
they better not have fired Kiero

Kiero was one that was transformed by Herb. 
Retired Radio Host

pigz

You guys have a good time frig dancing

jkstock04

Quote from: havok on December 08, 2017, 01:51:39 pm
Agreed..

I think Herb was more into Body Sculpting instead of Strength, Power & Conditioning.    Seems like he wanted our guys to look good when they stepped off the bus, instead of looking good when stepping off the line of scrimmage at the snap.
Body sculpting? That's funny. Other than a handful of guys most of the team looks pretty soft....especially in comparison to our competition.

Herbert was as big of a scam as Bielema. Glad Morris is cleaning house minus Lunney.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ricepig

RebelliousHog

Quote from: fullfan on December 08, 2017, 02:14:03 pm
To keep todays theme going:  Herb's song would have been Slow Ride by Foghat.

Please don't ruin a good song on that waste of athletic humanity. I have been complaining about him for 2 years, maybe more
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

ricepig

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 08, 2017, 04:07:53 pm
Body sculpting? That's funny. Other than a handful of guys most of the team looks pretty soft....especially in comparison to our competition.

Herbert was as big of a scam as Bielema. Glad Morris is cleaning house minus Lunney.

Scott is being retained from what I hear.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Donny2665

This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 08, 2017, 03:57:05 pm
Kiero was one that was transformed by Herb.

well he was an asst strength coach

if they fired him, that's some BS

ballinhog

Seemed to focus too much on gaining size and muscle and not even close to putting enough emphasis on speed, quickness and flexibility.

And we still got pushed around. I have a feeling there's gonna be a lot of weight lost on this football team between now and august

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on December 08, 2017, 04:10:36 pm
Scott is being retained from what I hear.

I really hope this isn't true.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Mjs84

EXACTLY!  This was my speculation early on.  I doesn't take a football genius to realize we were getting whipped in the trenches.  I started rolling my eyes early in the first season when announcers were showcasing our big o-line.  Yah, they were the biggest in the NFL, but we never imposed our will on anyone quite the way Bielema had us believe he would.  After that season, things continued getting worse.  By the end of this year, AA was running for his life just the same as Tyler Wilson during the HAPPY HOT PISS ERA!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on December 08, 2017, 04:19:36 pm
I really hope this isn't true.

Same. Not many of the kids liked him from what I've heard.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: wildturkey8 on December 08, 2017, 02:18:29 pm
Didn't see anything wrong with Collins. The best back I've seen at finding the hole.
Well I know he worked at the Catfish Hole. I doubt he could resist the hushpuppies

Bacons Rebellion

Whatever the details, our infamous 4th quarter collapses did not reflect well on "strength and conditioning."