Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

After watching

Started by porkrindjimmy, December 07, 2017, 09:55:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

synthartist69

Well, i could care less about spirituality, unless you believe in an invisible man in the sky. But I do think that coach M. will be able to recruit better than BB.

MissippHog

Quote from: synthartist69 on December 08, 2017, 03:01:07 am
Well, i could care less about spirituality, unless you believe in an invisible man in the sky. But I do think that coach M. will be able to recruit better than BB.
You know, you can be spiritual without being religious but this really isn't the place to minimalize and mock those who are.  And if I recall correctly, he didn't force anything and said he'd help them grow spiritually if that's something they want (I'm paraphrasing here.)

synthartist69

synthartist69

Quote from: MissippHog on December 08, 2017, 03:37:03 am
You know, you can be spiritual without being religious but this really isn't the place to minimalize and mock those who are.  And if I recall correctly, he didn't force anything and said he'd help them grow spiritually if that's something they want (I'm paraphrasing here.)
Yes I heard what he said.

rzrbk4life

I was excited just to hear him mention special teams. Didn't he say something of the sorts that you could win a couple games just by them? We all know bielema didn't care about special teams
Let's call those hogs!!!!

3kgthog

Quote from: rzrbk4life on December 08, 2017, 04:19:43 am
I was excited just to hear him mention special teams. Didn't he say something of the sorts that you could win a couple games just by them? We all know bielema didn't care about special teams

Did we have a punt return longer than 5 yards during the Bielema era? I honestly can't remember one.

BoarnSupremacy

"Second, he preached getting into east Texas and recruiting. This is what will make us or break us....east Texas."

This is what gets me pumped up!

Shrevepork

I was not happy with the hire. I was wrong.
I'm a believer. I can't wait for 2018 Razorback football. Coach Morris is the real deal.

WPS

HogNTX

Quote from: Count Hogula on December 08, 2017, 12:18:06 am
In his press conference, he hinted at bringing in some Texas kids.

Might have some good recruits coming in that we don't know about?

Well... He's definitely been active in putting offers out there to guys he knew about ... especially some receivers

depressed_fan

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 07, 2017, 09:55:42 pm
Several interviews, watching Coach Morris coach a few games and watching some games and reading quite a bit of material on Coach I offer this.....

I wanted Lane Kiffin. I believed Lane Kiffin was the perfect fit here. I was wrong. Chad Morris is the perfect fit here. The first thing that stuck out to me was the one thing I liked about Bret. He invests in making our kids good men. I loved that he spoke on developing spiritually. I believe he is a good man who will turn out good men.

Second, he preached getting into east Texas and recruiting. This is what will make us or break us....east Texas.

Give this guy a spring and you will see a different football team next year...one that is going to win some games....and two years from now and beyond? Look out, we are coming....

Go HOGS.....

PRJ

Isn't it funny how no one liked the coach until the press conference. I'm glad he won your heart . I'm so glad he said what needed to be said to win your heart

Piney Woods Rooter

Quote from: HogCommander on December 07, 2017, 10:27:21 pm
Same here PRJ I have openly opposed to Morris and was late to the game as far as looking up information on Morris.  I am all in and will give the guy a chance.  I feel really good about where we are as a program.  For every fan out there that watched Morris meet with the team or anyone who saw his Razorback introduction.  Let me ask you this... Would you rather have Nick Saban? I would, results speak for themselves.  Would you rather have Gus, Jimbo, Joe Moorhead,  Matt Luke, or Ed Orgeron?  Maybe I would rather have Gus, I think he's a great coach, he was my first choice to be our coach here. But as a person I think he's an ass, can't stand him.  When it comes to others I will take Morris over Jimbo when it comes to recruiting in Texas.  I will take Morris any day over Gus, Jimbo, Moorhead, Luke, and Orgeron.  I love the energy that Morris brings to the table.  Checkout my previous posts.  I was very much against Morris.  He has sold me.
You bring up a good point does Jimbo have the personality to recruit Texas? I personally can't stand the man

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: rtr on December 07, 2017, 10:13:36 pm
I agree with you but Clemson is better than the Auburn of the ACC.  Much better.

Yep. Until FSU, Miami and VT got into the ACC Clemson was the only one to put more emphasis in football than basketball.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

rtr

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 08, 2017, 06:01:25 am
Yep. Until FSU, Miami and VT got into the ACC Clemson was the only one to put more emphasis in football than basketball.
Spent some time in the Clemson-Anderson area of South Carolina.  Clemson reminds me a lot of the University of Arkansas campus.  It is literally on the edge of the Appalachian Mountains. Even the lady curator at the John C. Calhoun house once lived in Fayetteville.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

scottwillrazbackfan1

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 07, 2017, 10:12:02 pm
And I think he may have a better offensive mind than Petrino....

PRJ

I think he will be more innovate, alot of moving parts and motion, with the focus on a lot of speed!!!

duckman

He had me at "You either have speed or you're chasing speed" he seems to be a great fit and I now understand why we hired him.  Maybe the GOBN is smarter than a lot of us think.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: jvanhorn on December 07, 2017, 11:58:29 pm

Texas is in fact a cotton-producing state.

"A report published in May 2012 by the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service ranked the highest cotton-producing states as Texas, Georgia, Arkansas, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, Arizona, Missouri, Alabama, California, South Carolina, and Louisiana." - Wikipedia

texasdvm

I live in East Texas and have seen/know the players we have sent to the Hill. Then saw that dry up with CBB.  Once I researched CM, I too became a fast believer that he would be the best choice.  My A&M friends are worried that they made a mistake in letting us get CM.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: rtr on December 08, 2017, 07:00:27 am
Spent some time in the Clemson-Anderson area of South Carolina.  Clemson reminds me a lot of the University of Arkansas campus.  It is literally on the edge of the Appalachian Mountains. Even the lady curator at the John C. Calhoun house once lived in Fayetteville.

I worked in Greenville before. I've been on the campus. I've seen the stadium. Clemson is a nice prototypical college town. Nice area. I didn't know about the lady. Some people don't know the historical connection to Calhoun. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

AHorseWithNoName

Several interviews, watching Coach Morris coach a few games and watching some games and reading quite a bit of material on Coach I offer this.....

I wanted Lane Kiffin. I believed Lane Kiffin was the perfect fit here. I was wrong. Chad Morris is the perfect fit here. The first thing that stuck out to me was the one thing I liked about Bret. He invests in making our kids good men. I loved that he spoke on developing spiritually. I believe he is a good man who will turn out good men.

Second, he preached getting into east Texas and recruiting. This is what will make us or break us....east Texas.

Give this guy a spring and you will see a different football team next year...one that is going to win some games....and two years from now and beyond? Look out, we are coming....

Go HOGS.....

PRJ

+1
"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

texhog22

Quote from: cityhog on December 07, 2017, 11:46:39 pm
Things that struck me.
He talks like a preacher/HDN. Why do preachers and HDN always have to say everything twice? I heard you the first time.

Secondly, if I was a defensive player I'd be concerned. Yes, he said he'd hire the best DC but only after 5 minutes of how explosive our offense was going to be.

Third,I know people round here like the injection of religion into their football, but I always get uneasy when it so out there in front. What if someone isn't into religion or a spirituality journey? Just hope it's an option and not a requirement.

Finally, I didn't really care who was hired. Just win. But he'll be perfect for an institution obsessed with catchy hashtag lines. #uncommon #fastest40, etc etc
Just. Win.
Dude CHILL!  cant stand people worried about religion and politics. Leave it somewhere else

OtterHog

Quote from: cityhog on December 07, 2017, 11:46:39 pm

Third,I know people round here like the injection of religion into their football, but I always get uneasy when it so out there in front. What if someone isn’t into religion or a spirituality journey? Just hope it’s an option and not a requirement.

He clearly said spiritual resources will be available IF they choose to take part. Let's not blow this out of proportion.

Pig in the Pokey

Go HOGS.....

PRJ
I wanted Kiffin or Norvell.

I was wrong. Chad Morris was born, raised, and trained for THIS job at THIS time.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ThundrHawg on December 08, 2017, 02:51:11 am
I'm only seeing six wins on this schedule?
huh? that's 8+ all damn day.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

arkansashogs

He is not a bad hire but none of below reasons can translate to "W" in the green field.

What he needs to prove to all of us is his coaching capabilities both on and off-fields. I have not watched his SMU games so I am not convinced on his in game coaching, play call and adjustment yet.

He can be a good hire but he needs to prove it. dont get too excited.

Go HOGS.....

PRJ

ballz2thewall

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on December 07, 2017, 10:04:02 pm

I agree.

Honesty and critical thinking skills are overrated.

yep. aren't they, though....../s
The rest of the frog.

cityhog

Quote from: texhog22 on December 08, 2017, 03:11:31 pm
Dude CHILL!  cant stand people worried about religion and politics. Leave it somewhere else
Do you not see the irony here? Leaving religion someplace else?

HognotinMemphis

Go HOGS.....

PRJ
You were too busy talking and arguing and pushing your insider info that was dead wrong to do any research on Morris. More listening and reading and less posting would have helped you in this situation.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on December 07, 2017, 10:18:38 pm
I see an Arkansas team that no one wants to play.  I expect Coach Morris will be here for a long time.  He has me excited.
He has not done anything yet other than talk some. You boys are like 14 year olds the first time you see a girl with boobs.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Oklahawg

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 10, 2017, 09:44:04 pm
He has not done anything yet other than talk some. You boys are like 14 year olds the first time you see a girl with boobs.

This is great.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

I will remind that I "called early" that Morris would win the press conference, execute a successful hog call, and use that to help unify the fanbase. It seems to have worked.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

1dayinthelifeofporkiepig

Quote from: texasdvm on December 08, 2017, 08:37:10 am
I live in East Texas and have seen/know the players we have sent to the Hill. Then saw that dry up with CBB.  Once I researched CM, I too became a fast believer that he would be the best choice.  My A&M friends are worried that they made a mistake in letting us get CM.

That's exciting that the A&M folks are worried about our new HC. According to 247sports.com, he already has 3 new commits just today, 1 from Arkansas, & 2 from Texas.

TexArkHogFan

December 11, 2017, 03:58:20 am #82 Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 04:26:37 am by TexArkHogFan
The one fault I can see is he seems to be addicted to  Red Bull.  That crap is poison and dangerous to your health especially in large quantities.  He needs to get rid of that habit or he won't be with us long.  Smite me all you want but do the research and ask any doctor.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

RideTillIDieHawg

Go HOGS.....

PRJ

What do your sources think of CM now that they've had time to process his hiring?

hogginbama

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on December 07, 2017, 10:02:59 pm
I agree they will look much different next year but do they have the talent he needs to win now? Maybe not but I think he will sign the players. It may take a year or so.

According to the Hogville experts we have the talent, they only needed a coach. If this guy is the coach that was needed, then he should be able to win with no excuses. They said we needed a coach who wasnt stuck on a system, but changes his system to fit the players. That was ine of their hits in BB, he refuses to change to fit the players. Did we hire a system coach or a coach that will change to fit the players he has? Time will tell I suppose. But I bet we hired another system coach who must have his players. Then when he gets them, it will be too late since he will kot have won enogh and everyone will be screaming for his head.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

hogginbama

Quote from: HogNTX on December 08, 2017, 05:17:46 am
Well... He's definitely been active in putting offers out there to guys he knew about ... especially some receivers

Any coach can sling offers out. Question is, will he land them, or if they commit will they qualify?
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Peter Porker

Quote from: hoglady on December 07, 2017, 10:14:11 pm
After getting to know more about Morris and listening to him - it pretty easy to see why they went with him.

Don't know what to expect next fall with the huge changes in the offensive structure of the team.
But it's going to be fun to watch.

It's actually pretty cool to know if he succeeds - we will have one of the most innovative offenses in the country.

The man has a plan and a good one - he's not interested in trying to out Bama - Bama.

The last time we tried to out-Alabama Alabama we lost by a point. In 2015 we went away from ground-n-pound and I believe that was Bielema's biggest mistake and one that cost him his job.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

HogT

Go HOGS.....

PRJ

Absolutely agree. I also was hoping for Kiffin. I think we now have a coach that may be better then Kiffin and as good as Mahlzahn. At half the price. Much better opportunity for better return on investment. Go Hogs. WPS
Practice does not make perfect...
Practice makes permanent...
PERFECT practice makes perfect...

porknbeans

Quote from: IronMountainHog on December 07, 2017, 10:19:28 pm
He looks dressed for success and carries himself with confidence. Quite a difference than flip flops, cargo shorts, and initialed pullovers.
Never wrestle with a Hog - you get dirty and the Hog likes it

LZH

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 10, 2017, 10:06:39 pm
I will remind that I "called early" that Morris would win the press conference

Bielema wasn't worth squat on game day but with his endless plethora of BS, he was undefeated in press conferences.

FANONTHEHILL

December 11, 2017, 07:08:39 am #90 Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 07:23:09 am by FANONTHEHILL
I've heard many say that he will succeed "once he gets his style players".  I don't think that it should take that long.  He has been sold and sells himself as a high school coach.  They take a roster and make things happen with the ones they inherit.  Morris is the perfect fit for transitioning from one style to the next.  Off season and spring will be the litmus test for how much can he install and how fast they can actually go.  One advantage is that a vast majority of the roster is more familiar with the new style since it is similar to what they ran in high school.  The fact that almost no one in Arkansas' Recruiting base ran the previous staff's style is what led to their downfall.  The evaluation period this spring and correspinding roster and depth chart changes will be a great indicator of how good a coach they have hired.  I think there is reason to be optimistic.  Morris has been given a bag of groceries he did not buy and now he has to make a meal that will make everyone happy.  It's going to be an interesting spring. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

MasterChiefHog

Quote from: hogginbama on December 11, 2017, 04:29:36 am
Any coach can sling offers out. Question is, will he land them, or if they commit will they qualify?
I'm hoping after our first year, elite players want to come here and be a part of his offense. He's already got the relationship in place with the HS coaches so with their help and the product he puts on the field, I'm hoping the recruiting gets to where he needs it to be. CBP has some great players that came to us because of his explosive offense and those players could have gone anywhere. Joe Adams running 90 years on Auburn and the punt return on Tenn are just the results of having those type of players on the field and getting them the ball. "Build it and they will come" kind of mentality is what I'm hoping for.
Quote from: oldman1015 on December 28, 2017, 11:40:00 am
Having a bad day or always a dick?
Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on December 06, 2019, 09:39:55 am
Sorry fo any misspells or paragraph s. I m on a scaffold.
Quote from: Hogwild on October 18, 2018, 08:23:47 amSince we are being optimistic, let's go full tilt boogie! If we win out, Ole Miss wins out, and Bama loses out. Then all we need is Miss. State to win against LSU & Texas A&M, and then have the Aggies upset LSU. 
And then we are hanging an SEC WEST Champion banner.

elksnort

I hope and expect to be at least 4-1 at end of next September.

rzrbk4life

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on December 11, 2017, 07:08:39 am
I've heard many say that he will succeed "once he gets his style players".  I don't think that it should take that long.  He has been sold and sells himself as a high school coach.  They take a roster and make things happen with the ones they inherit.  Morris is the perfect fit for transitioning from one style to the next.  Off season and spring will be the litmus test for how much can he install and how fast they can actually go.  One advantage is that a vast majority of the roster is more familiar with the new style since it is similar to what they ran in high school.  The fact that almost no one in Arkansas' Recruiting base ran the previous staff's style is what led to their downfall.  The evaluation period this spring and correspinding roster and depth chart changes will be a great indicator of how good a coach they have hired.  I think there is reason to be optimistic.  Morris has been given a bag of groceries he did not buy and now he has to make a meal that will make everyone happy.  It's going to be an interesting spring. 

And just FYI we're all anxiously waiting to hear your post mortem report on the old staff!
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Peter Porker

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 08, 2017, 04:48:01 am
Did we have a punt return longer than 5 yards during the Bielema era? I honestly can't remember one.

Bad memory. We had a very good one in the last game!
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Laughing Hog

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on December 11, 2017, 03:58:20 am
The one fault I can see is he seems to be addicted to  Red Bull.  That crap is poison and dangerous to your health especially in large quantities.  He needs to get rid of that habit or he won't be with us long.  Smite me all you want but do the research and ask any doctor.

I would like to know what info you have that red bull is poison and dangerous. I am asking (for my own health)because I have drank my fare share (sugar free) and have looked for info showing problems and haven't found any so far. My personal doc as well as physician friends have never said red bull was damaging.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

elksnort

Great analogy at the end.

PorkRinds

Go HOGS.....

PRJ

Good post Jimmy. I think we may agree for the first time ever.

Michael D Huff AIA

I made no attempt to hide the fact that I hated this hire....initially.  I thought the lack of defensive play was one of the major reasons we had such a terrible season, and we are going to back that up by hiring the guy with the #120 defense in the country?

I remember the Petrino days fondly.  Our offense was a Ferarri...quick, agile, and could score in 3.2 seconds.  Then Bielema came along and we slowed down.  With Morris I think we speed back up, and for us fans it will, at the very least, bring back a style of ball that was successful here. 

Now...where's that DC?

oldhawg

I ask this out of ignorance, but interest.  What does your son think about installing a totally different offense from what he has seen the last couple of years?  Does he think the change in style will increase (or hamper) his chances of playing time?  What are his initial impressions of the new offensive line coach?  Has he given you any general impressions about how the players are adjusting to the change in staff?  maybe too soon? (I know that you will accent only the positive, but that can also be telling).  Do you personally give this change a thumbs up at this time, or a two thumbs up (wait and see), either of which would be a positive indication.  Thanks.