Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Teamrankings.com

Started by Hogs49ers, December 07, 2017, 02:18:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs49ers

So I really value their projected rankings and bracketology seeding, and not just bc they rank us higher than most ranking sites, but because they always seem to be the most accurate come tournament time.

Something I saw today was really exciting to see and will bode very well for our end of the year SOS and will help many teams from the SEC make the tourney this year (I would guess 7, but possibly even 8 ).

Teamrankings.com currently has EVERY single team from the SEC ranked in the top 100 (see below)!  This is going to be one of the most exciting years in conference play in the last 20+ years!  Woo Pig!
SCREW Vandy!

Hogs49ers

Even though the SEC is showing to be extremely deep, it's also showing that every team in the SEC is beatable on any given night.  I think it's going to be a real grind this year and everyone is going to beat each other up, but whoever learns from their losses and becomes the most consistent will bring it home - I think we can honestly be that team based on our senior leadership from our top 3 senior guards and from stellar coaching by CMA.
SCREW Vandy!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Hogs49ers on December 07, 2017, 02:50:21 am
Even though the SEC is showing to be extremely deep, it's also showing that every team in the SEC is beatable on any given night.  I think it's going to be a real grind this year and everyone is going to beat each other up, but whoever learns from their losses and becomes the most consistent will bring it home - I think we can honestly be that team based on our senior leadership from our top 3 senior guards and from stellar coaching by CMA.
I think we can tell that every team in the country is beatable every given night t
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 07, 2017, 06:21:20 am
I think we can tell that every team in the country is beatable every given night t
Took the words right off of my keyboard.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

kid squealer

Good Thread!  Exciting times!  Go Hogs!
SMITE ME JACKWAGONS!!!  I NEED TO BE THE -1 KING!!!

Hogs49ers

So after tonight's win over Minnesota, here are the ranking updates (I will try to do this after every game in this thread):

Teamrankings.com: #18 (Moved up from #24)

Warrennolan.com RPI: #10 (Moved up from #11)

Warrennolan.com SOS: #3

NOTE about Teamrankings:  "Our new power ratings have been in development since 2011. Designed exclusively for predictive purposes, these ratings improve upon the old ratings in several ways, most notably by incorporating a preseason rating for each team that improves early season accuracy."
SCREW Vandy!

Hogs49ers

12/18 Ranking Updates:

Teamrankings.com: #16 (Moved up from #18)

Warrennolan.com RPI:
#8 (Moved up from #10)

Warrennolan.com SOS: #15 (Moved back from #3)

It is amazing what 1 game against Troy who has an RPI of 265 will do your SOS, but luckily it did not appear to hurt our RPI with OU beating Wichita St.  Unfortunately Oral Roberts RPI is at 188 and will push our SOS back another 10 spots or so, but at least Cal State Bakersville has an RPI of 76 - should head into SEC play with a SOS around 30ish which is much better than years past.
SCREW Vandy!