Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Latest on Montaric Brown

Started by southeasthog, August 16, 2017, 06:02:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

southeasthog

FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas 2017 safety signee and U.S. Army All-American Montaric Brown confirmed Monday he is getting close to finally being on campus.

"I am finished," Brown said Tuesday afternoon. I have sent what was needed to the NCAA and Arkansas. I am ready to be up there to Fayetteville with my new teammates."

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/aug/15/arkansas-signee-montaric-brown-sends-needed-paperw/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt

SRV

We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

RazorPiggie

I don't see him playing too much after missing all of summer camp and most of fall camp. Plus we have lots of upper classmen in the secondary right now.

onebadrubi

Quote from: RazorPiggie on August 16, 2017, 08:29:07 am
I don't see him playing too much after missing all of summer camp and most of fall camp. Plus we have lots of upper classmen in the secondary right now.

Get him in the program and let him come on at his pace.  I bet he ends up fighting for a spot on the depth chart by halfway through the season.  But a RS on him would be nice just to have him for another 4 years. 

nchogg

Nice to have someone that wants to be a Razorback. Has a good attitude and when his time comes he should be very productive. He's not afraid of work. Glad to have you Mr. Brown.

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

RazorPiggie

Quote from: hogz11 on August 16, 2017, 12:07:14 pm
I see him redshirting. He's got the talent to compete with any player in our secondary, but you can't miss all of camp and come in and start at safety. Too much to learn.

True. Plus he wasn't getting the proper meals and weight training that most of these guys got all summer. Like most Freshman, he needs to add some weight.

redleg

I see no reason to rush Brown into action. Arkansas has seniors Coley and Liddell, junior Ramirez, plus redshirt freshmen Smith and Edwards. Let Brown take the redshirt, get stronger and put on some good muscle mass in the weight room, then he can seriously compete for the free safety position next spring.
A starting secondary in 2018 of Pulley at left CB, Tutt or Calloway at right CB, Ramirez at SS, and Brown at FS, sounds pretty good to me!  ;D
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

blu

Hopefully Pulley stays, and you still have Curl, Curtis, and Hernandez, should have some quality depth.

"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

supersaint

Let this guy eat. Whatever that means.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.