Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do you Like Chuck Barrett as the Voice of the Razorbacks?

Started by Peter Porker, August 11, 2017, 09:36:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like Chuck Barrett as the Voice of the Razorbacks?

Yes
No
Frito Pie

Poker_hog

Quote from: GuvHog on August 11, 2017, 11:59:31 am
The radio Broadcast comes in handy when one is in the car and traveling. With satellite radio, one is not constantly having to find a new station to listen to the game on.

You need the watch espn app and a driver. 
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

PharmacistHog

Does a good enough job but I dont like him personally because of the Nutt crap. I'll listen to him, but wouldn't drink a beer with him.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Dr. Starcs

Would rather listen to a love child of cris collinsworth and joe buck.

phadedhawg

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on August 11, 2017, 01:15:46 pm
Would rather listen to a love child of cris collinsworth and joe buck.

there's a mental picture I will struggle to get out of my head.....

Yikes!

hogsanity

Funny how some of you cant get past his defending his employer and another employee of the school, and someone he had to work with yet you have no issue overlooking when a guy lied to his employer and to us, the fans, and set in motion a cascade of events that really fouled things up.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PharmacistHog

Quote from: hogsanity on August 11, 2017, 01:32:10 pm
Funny how some of you cant get past his defending his employer and another employee of the school, and someone he had to work with yet you have no issue overlooking when a guy lied to his employer and to us, the fans, and set in motion a cascade of events that really fouled things up.

Surely you aren't talking to me?
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Polecat

Best football radio announcer in the state is Sam Strasner at Arkansas Tech. He's eons better than Chuck
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Madface Magician

hogsanity

Quote from: PharmacistHog on August 11, 2017, 01:34:38 pm
Surely you aren't talking to me?

No, not anyone in particular, that's why I did not quote anyone.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jusgtohogs

Quote from: BigE_23 on August 11, 2017, 10:51:44 am
Chuck had it rough from the start because he was replacing a legend. My biggest complaint of Chuck, other than his loyalty to HDN, is that he uses "Touchdown Arkansas!"

Those words belong to Paul.

all due respect, what should he say?  "...hey, they scored..."?

hoss cartrack

Quote from: jusgtohogs on August 11, 2017, 02:57:17 pm
all due respect, what should he say?  "...hey, they scored..."?

he could come up with something on his own...simple....

"that's a razorback touchdown"
"touchdown hogs"
anything but "touchdown arkansas"  i spent over 35 years in broadcasting.  a pro knows that you don't use your predecessors phrasings.  it's below bush league.

i keep waiting for him to thrown in an OH MYYYYYY" after touchdown arkansas.   i swear to god....i will puke
hey baby....you look like a real bad idea.   come on over herel

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: hoss cartrack on August 11, 2017, 03:22:49 pm

"touchdown hogs"
anything but "touchdown arkansas"  i spent over 35 years in broadcasting.  a pro knows that you don't use your predecessors phrasings.  it's below bush league.

i keep waiting for him to thrown in an OH MYYYYYY" after touchdown arkansas.   i swear to god....i will puke
I won't lose ant sleep over it.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

hoghearted

Quote from: PharmacistHog on August 11, 2017, 01:03:06 pm
Does a good enough job but I dont like him personally because of the Nutt crap. I'll listen to him, but wouldn't drink a beer with him.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

fullfan

I like a Homer and thus like Chuck.  Emotion he puts into calling the game is real and not contrived.   I am past all of the HDN stuff.   

SamBuckhart

My first Voice was Bud Campbell.  Tough to match that. Even he had imperfections.  Called Jerry Moore, Jerry Moor) I love all the Voices of Razorbacks. Call me a homer if you want. IDC. WOOO PIG!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

pigture perfect

I like Chuck. I don't mind what he said 10-12 years ago. He was right about some of our fans. I just don't feel like being negative today.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ZERO

Quote from: Poker_hog on August 11, 2017, 11:06:38 am
They still do radio for football games?  Some of you guys not own a tv?

A lot of people work Saturdays and have to listen at work.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

The Boar War

Quote from: ZERO on August 11, 2017, 10:24:49 pm
A lot of people work Saturdays and have to listen at work.

Also, I find it hard to listen to the national folks when we're playing the media darlings.  I don't always need to hear sunshine but I also don't want to listen to a three hour recruiting pitch for Alabama and Saban's "Process".

ifghog

Chuck is pretty good. He's np Paul...but few are. He's growing on me.

MissippHog

Didn't care for him much at first, but he's grown on me over the years.  My wife really never cared for football prior to her meeting me, so she didn't grow up listening to Paul the way I did.  All she has known is Chuck and she'll tell you when she hears his voice she gets chills.  I would imagine Razorback fans growing up with Chuck feel the same way.  To those of us that remember Paul, Chuck will always be "Paul's replacement."

WilsonHog

Never listened to him broadcast a Razorback football game.

TechHawg

Its funny to me that everyone still has such hatred for Houston Nutt, when he's still the last one to get  us to Atlanta. He wasn't perfect, but the hatred of him on Hogville is and always has been way overblown.

Sivad

His public defense of Hootie Dale was indefensible.
But I think he's pretty good on the radio and enjoy the broadcasts.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: TechHawg on August 12, 2017, 12:59:19 pm
Its funny to me that everyone still has such hatred for Houston Nutt, when he's still the last one to get  us to Atlanta. He wasn't perfect, but the hatred of him on Hogville is and always has been way overblown.
Then you don't know who the man is.

This was never about coaching, for most of us.  Those people were just the same disgruntled folks that bag on CBB today.

Dale the Wonder Weasel was hated because of the way he manipulated, used, and abused the kids who played for him.  He is a snake in the grass and deserves all the disdain that comes his way from Hog fans.
All Gas, No Brakes!

lechon

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 12, 2017, 01:46:55 pm
Then you don't know who the man is.

This was never about coaching, for most of us.  Those people were just the same disgruntled folks that bag on CBB today.

Dale the Wonder Weasel was hated because of the way he manipulated, used, and abused the kids who played for him.  He is a snake in the grass and deserves all the disdain that comes his way from Hog fans.

100% correct
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hogs run wild on August 11, 2017, 11:29:32 am
He's no Paul, but he's not bad either. I think Scott Enman (sp) would do good too. And as for color, I like Rick Schaeffer. He's corny as can be, but the guy has a wealth of Razorback knowledge.

I'd give Rick a producer's headset and let him flash his insights to someone else.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Mr. Porkleone

Barrett needs a trademark after each touchdown, like Paul had. Touchdown Arkansas just doesn't do it for me.

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: JIHawg on August 11, 2017, 09:38:43 am
I will never forgive Chuckbutt for his undying loyalty to Bozo/Hootie.  I still want him gone, gone, gone.

This
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

TheRazorback500

He's good, and his presentation has improved as he has gained experience. Woo pig.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

HoggusMaximus

1highhog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on August 11, 2017, 10:22:47 am
I would much rather have had Steve Sullivan or Scott Inman.  I liked Barrett on baseball.  I don't enjoy him on football.  So I'm going no.

This ^^^^!!!!  Chuck Barrett can go to ___ for all I care.

Dark Helmet Hog

Barrett is a lot like HDN. He was willing to do, and did, whatever it took to advance his position. He was rewarded for it by getting the gig as voice of the Razorbacks. In the process, he displayed a complete lack of character. So here we are. We have a soulless prick as voice of the Hogs.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on August 13, 2017, 07:35:14 am
Barrett is a lot like HDN. He was willing to do, and did, whatever it took to advance his position. He was rewarded for it by getting the gig as voice of the Razorbacks. In the process, he displayed a complete lack of character. So here we are. We have a soulless prick as voice of the Hogs.

One would think Jeff long (or whoever is responsible for hiring and firing) would want to rid the university of the everlasting nutt stain. Chuckles must have some good dirt on somebody up there.

Ex-Trumpet

I had no idea that Paul Eels was the only person that said "Touchdown Arkansas." 

This is why I log in to Hogville.  Nowhere else can anyone get inside info like this.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

The_Iceman

Quote from: JIHawg on August 11, 2017, 09:38:43 am
I will never forgive Chuckbutt for his undying loyalty to Bozo/Hootie.  I still want him gone, gone, gone.

So stupid.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on August 13, 2017, 09:31:08 am
I had no idea that Paul Eels was the only person that said "Touchdown Arkansas." 

This is why I log in to Hogville.  Nowhere else can anyone get inside info like this.

What's worse is all the other schools in the country have their guys stealing Paul's material to.

"Touchdown (insert any school name here)!"

Bunch of thieving hacks.

hobhog

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on August 13, 2017, 07:35:14 am

Wow. Such drama.

Kickoff can't get here quick enough....

razCzar

Unfortunately, no.
But find him acceptable enough to have finally gotten used to him.  We might have done worse.

I did really miss his calling baseball.. at first.

jkstock04

I don't have to listen to him because I go to the games but I still voted no simply because I'll never forget the HDN days on his call in show. Despicable stuff he was feeding the fans.

He actually has a pretty good radio voice but i just can't get that past stuff out of my mind. When people say things and have strong words I don't forget it.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hamsam

I've gotten use to Chuck but I preferred him for baseball. Miss him there and will forever miss Paul at football.
I wish Scott Inman would do football pbp
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on August 13, 2017, 09:31:08 am

It's not just that, though.  I can't stand it when he calls the ball a "football."  Paul Eels did it for years and Chuck comes in and thinks he can just do it, too.  Chuck had all these great opportunities to come up with something that sets him apart and all he could do was copy Paul.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Snorts

Quote from: Seebs on August 11, 2017, 10:46:11 am
I expected him to remain neutral on the controversy and not attack the fanbase.   His Terrorists comment may have been off the cuff, but it was made. 

Yep.  Called me a terrorist while I was in Iraq.

Some things you just don't forgive and forget, ya know?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on August 13, 2017, 11:07:39 am
It's not just that, though.  I can't stand it when he calls the ball a "football."  Paul Eels did it for years and Chuck comes in and thinks he can just do it, too.  Chuck had all these great opportunities to come up with something that sets him apart and all he could do was copy Paul.

Another bragging right for Hogs fans...our announcer came up with the name of the ball.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Dillar Dog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on August 13, 2017, 12:07:35 pm
Another bragging right for Hogs fans...our announcer came up with the name of the ball.

And I heard a lot of people use that word without giving him credit. 

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on August 11, 2017, 11:55:52 am
So how else is he supposed to say "touchdown Arkansas"?  This thread has turned dumb.

Right, but he better not touch "oh my"!

Cinco de Hogo

I've got a question, is voting Frito Pie a neutral vote?  Cause that's what I is.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: hobhog on August 13, 2017, 09:42:33 am
Wow. Such drama.

Kickoff can't get here quick enough....

Drama? Nah. Not really. The OP asked a question and I gave an answer. Barrett is a proven d-bag that bad mouthed a good portion of the fan base to defend Nutt. He was rewarded for doing it. Knowing what he did and how he acted, I don't think he deserves to represent my alma mater in any capacity. That's just my opinion. There is no strong emotion behind it. Thus, no drama.

I agree. Kickoff needs to hurry! WPS!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Dillar Dog on August 13, 2017, 12:12:23 pm
And I heard a lot of people use that word without giving him credit. 

I'm sure the Eels family is cashing yuge royalty checks, though!

GuvHog

Quote from: hoss cartrack on August 11, 2017, 03:22:49 pm

"touchdown hogs"

Has it ever occurred to anyone posting in this thread that just maybe Chuck has the okay of the Eels family to use those phrases in Paul's Memory??
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

woo.pig

I'm a big fan of Phil Elson. I was hoping he would take over all sports at some point in the future.