Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas has "uncommon"; Georgia now has . . . .

Started by WizardofhOgZ, June 16, 2017, 10:08:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

. . . "Rare Breed" . . . as their recruiting motto.  Along with "Commit to the G".

Just thought that was interesting.  Some of our fans mock the "uncommon" slogan.  But, I guess tag lines like this are becoming more "common" around college football.

go hogues

Ole Miss rolling out new ones as well: #cheatNbeat #CleaveToBeav
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

gchamblee

Marketing your brand is the smart thing to do.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hoggish1

Quote from: go hogues on June 16, 2017, 10:36:22 am

Nice.  You think UGA asked permission for their slogan from Austin Nichols (Wild Turkey)?

ICEman

According to the AKC, Bulldogs are far from a rareBreed.😉
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

HogBreath

Mississippi State has a new one that kinda ties in to their incessant bell ringing......Southern Cow.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

navyhog24

Quote from: HogBreath on June 17, 2017, 10:20:03 pm
Mississippi State has a new one that kinda ties in to their incessant bell ringing......Southern Cow.

I thought you were talking about the women in Mississippi

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HogBreath

Quote from: navyhog24 on June 17, 2017, 10:49:16 pm
I thought you were talking about the women in Mississippi
From what I've seen of the women there, I'll have to say definitely not.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on June 17, 2017, 11:20:38 pm
Ironic...

Some parts of Arkansas are not the prototypical inbred type. ALL of Georgia is.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

The Kig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 18, 2017, 02:39:37 pm

ALL?  Guessing you haven't spent much time there...or in Arkansas.  Otherwise, you would realize how idiotic this statement is at its core.  I travel all over the Southeast... We all have our pockets of knuckle draggers, but there are more highbrow types in GA than AR, maybe more in metro ATL than all of AR.  Having said that, it's always comical to me when one southern group tries to out redneck another...
Poker Porker

dr__dawggy

Quote from: The Kig on June 19, 2017, 01:14:50 am
ALL?  Guessing you haven't spent much time there...or in Arkansas.  Otherwise, you would realize how idiotic this statement is at its core.  I travel all over the Southeast... We all have our pockets of knuckle draggers, but there are more highbrow types in GA than AR, maybe more in metro ATL than all of AR.  Having said that, it's always comical to me when one southern group tries to out redneck another...

This

Steef

I really liked Mark Richt. Still do. So I spent a lot of years pulling for the Bulldogs when they werent playing us.

I dont much care for their staff now. But Im not gonna disparage the State because of it.

This is just a marketing ploy. But because of this...

Quote from: ICEman on June 16, 2017, 12:40:58 pm
According to the AKC, Bulldogs are far from a rareBreed.😉

...little kernel of truth, its a pretty dumb marketing ploy.

A lot of folks shook their head at Bret over the "uncommon" thing. Me included. But whether he's succeeded yet or not, he meant what he said. And it actually did mean something.

There isn't anything "rare" about the Bulldog breed...or Georgia.

Nice logo, I guess.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Steef on June 19, 2017, 05:34:22 am
I really liked Mark Richt. Still do. So I spent a lot of years pulling for the Bulldogs when they werent playing us.

I dont much care for their staff now. But Im not gonna disparage the State because of it.

This is just a marketing ploy. But because of this...

...little kernel of truth, its a pretty dumb marketing ploy.

A lot of folks shook their head at Bret over the "uncommon" thing. Me included. But whether he's succeeded yet or not, he meant what he said. And it actually did mean something.

There isn't anything "rare" about the Bulldog breed...or Georgia.

Nice logo, I guess.

Perhaps they mean being a "Georgia Bulldog" is a rare breed.  Honestly, I'd rather be who we are than the Buffalo Bills of the SEC.

HighcountryHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 18, 2017, 02:39:37 pm

That makes AR look even worse if that statement is to be believed.  Arkansas, as a whole, has lower intelligence than Georgia.  That makes Arkansas dumber than inbreds. 
no bumps, no fat chicks

tophawg19

if you look , Georgia is patterning itself after Arkansas in many ways . Types of offense, even hired coaches etc. their style of play will somewhat mirror us from before Enos .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: go hogues on June 16, 2017, 10:36:22 am
Earn while you learn.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HighcountryHog on June 19, 2017, 08:20:03 am
That makes AR look even worse if that statement is to be believed.  Arkansas, as a whole, has lower intelligence than Georgia.  That makes Arkansas dumber than inbreds. 

It's dumb to think what you typed. My point was just the opposite.

The Kig

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 19, 2017, 11:27:24 am
if you look , Georgia is patterning itself after Arkansas in many ways . Types of offense, even hired coaches etc. their style of play will somewhat mirror us from before Enos .

This is a much more informed and relevant conversation than, "are tards is smarterer then there tards".  In hindsight, ecstatic that we have Enos and they took Chaney.  Style of Offense will be similar, but I think Enos is much better at molding his playcalling to the situation.  Chaney's playbook is tough to master in short span of a college players career.  It worked when he had Brees, but most HS and college QB's aren't Brees. 
Poker Porker

Pigsknuckles

My idea of Rare Breed. Latest batch is 116.8 proof. Dangerously smooth.

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

sickboy

Cool. Nice to see Arkansas setting a trend as opposed to following a trend. That bodes well.

LZH

Quote from: sickboy on June 19, 2017, 01:34:43 pm
Cool. Nice to see Arkansas setting a trend as opposed to following a trend. That bodes well.

Yeah.... you mean like changing our uniforms?

The NewEra

Speaking of Georgia, this should be Jim Cheney and Sam Pittman's last year there.  Cheney will likely get fired and Sam Pittman is a 2-3 year wonder.  He'll have the itch to move on and if Cheney does get canned again that will drive him out the door.  It will be interesting to see.

tophawg19

Quote from: The Kig on June 19, 2017, 12:43:54 pm
This is a much more informed and relevant conversation than, "are tards is smarterer then there tards".  In hindsight, ecstatic that we have Enos and they took Chaney.  Style of Offense will be similar, but I think Enos is much better at molding his playcalling to the situation.  Chaney's playbook is tough to master in short span of a college players career.  It worked when he had Brees, but most HS and college QB's aren't Brees. 
Smart is moving in an old school direction just like CBB does. Georgia has a recruiting advantage . i know this sounds crazy but i'm glad to see another team using it main stream . it should draw recruits back to this style of play in another recruiting area . maybe a few more moving away from the spread will change some high school offenses
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

1highhog

Quote from: sickboy on June 19, 2017, 01:34:43 pm

Oh, you mean like the saying that's another Razorback first down!!!  When Craig O'Neal started that little tag line it got going throughout the whole SEC and then it spread throughout all of College Football.