Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mitchell Smith

Started by NWAHog479, March 28, 2017, 10:17:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NWAHog479

I know he is at Missouri now and missed the end of the season due to a torn ACL, but did we even offer/recruit this kid? He would be a really nice piece to have right now to help with depth with Kingsley leaving and Gafford coming in.

http://www.mutigers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5212

Hawg Red

Quote from: NWAHog479 on March 28, 2017, 10:17:46 am
I know he is at Missouri now and missed the end of the season due to a torn ACL, but did we even offer/recruit this kid? He would be a really nice piece to have right now to help with depth with Kingsley leaving and Gafford coming in.

http://www.mutigers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5212

Recruited him, yes. Do not believe he was offered or at least given a committable offer. He was behind several targets for a frontcourt spot, including Arlando Cook.

I think we could do worse than offering him a spot as a transfer and letting him rehab and build his body for a year. That's assuming Zhaire Smith is not in play or better options are not in play. It would be awesome if we landed Noah Dickerson from Washington. He is from Georgia and originally signed with Florida.

navyhog24

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 28, 2017, 10:26:03 am
It would be awesome if we landed Noah Dickerson from Washington. He is from Georgia and originally signed with Florida.

Sounding like he is staying with Washington after all

hawginbigd1

I never liked the passing on Smith, we shall see but I think it is going to leave a mark.

Hawg Red

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on March 28, 2017, 11:08:48 am
I never liked the passing on Smith, we shall see but I think it is going to leave a mark.

Didn't make an impact on a Missouri team that could have used ballers at any position when he was healthy. I think he has some tools to be effective for the Hogs, but I don't see passing on him hurting the Hogs much. I think he's very replaceable.