Previous topic - Next topic

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: HamSammich on March 20, 2017, 02:24:05 pm
Their football team has a better coach and a more talented team with an easy recruiting base... I hate Texas but they might win a championship next year... in other words yet another thread that defines hogville.

Better coach???

Asinine statement and waaaaay premature
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

ChicoHog

Their football team has a better coach and a more talented team with an easy recruiting base... I hate Texas but they might win a championship next year... in other words yet another thread that defines hogville.
The guy (Tom Herman) has exactly 2 years of being a HC and you say he's better than Bielema?  There is no way to know what kind of coach he will be yet.  Check back in about 4 or 5 years and we will know.  As far as talent is concerned we need to look at their players and how many get drafted, are in the NFL and making an impact.  Lately they have struggled getting guys drafted so they obviously did not have much talent.  I remember seeing somewhere that they have not had an OL drafted in 10 years or something like that.  That is pretty amazing for Texas to be that bad. 

Mike Irwin

Congratulations. You qualify to vote in the AP pre-season college football poll. Every year, no matter how bad they sucked the year before, Texas is picked as a top 25 team with a chance to win a championship.

BTW, I'd say your response defines you.

arlhog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 19, 2017, 11:34:38 pm
Sounds like deep inside you can hardly wait despite your comments to the contrary.
Anything you want to disagree with point it out.   I grew up watching Texas kick our butts almost every year.   I hate the burnt orange.   I live in texas now and I still root for just about anyone over them.  I'm even an ou fan one day every October. 

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

If texass was playing ISIS, I'd root for ISIS!!!!

:razorback: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: :razorback:
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

cityhog

Couldn't happen to a finer program  ::horns down::

and I'm old enough to have been a teenager at the '81 beatdown in Fayetteville.  :razorback:

OLDHOG

yep, tuck fexas. ya'll remember that one?

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: OS2 (SW) Razor Back on March 21, 2017, 02:10:24 am
If texass was playing ISIS, I'd root for ISIS!!!!

:razorback: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: :razorback:

Not sure I would ever root for ISIS, but I would likely bet on them to beat the spread.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Peter Porker

Meanwhile, Alabama has beaten us 10 years in a row but many of y'all will yell "Roll Tide" when they're playing in the national championship game.

The last time Texas did that to us was in the 1940's. Yet, we still hate them and many of our fans root for Alabama.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

311Hog

Quote from: Peter Porker on March 21, 2017, 01:00:34 pm
Meanwhile, Alabama has beaten us 10 years in a row but many of y'all will yell "Roll Tide" when they're playing in the national championship game.

The last time Texas did that to us was in the 1940's. Yet, we still hate them and root for Alabama.

10 years is a weekend in the world of shorthorn hate....

Peter Porker

Quote from: 311Hog on March 21, 2017, 01:03:13 pm
10 years is a weekend in the world of shorthorn hate....

Without looking it up how many times in our history do you think we've beaten Alabama?

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

311Hog

not nearly enough, but my hate for Bama is not even in the same universe as my hatred for the teasips

Inhogswetrust

March 21, 2017, 02:59:18 pm #63 Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 07:30:22 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: 311Hog on March 21, 2017, 01:51:04 pm
not nearly enough, but my hate for Bama is not even in the same universe as my hatred for the teasips
Quote from: Peter Porker on March 21, 2017, 01:06:27 pm
Without looking it up how many times in our history do you think we've beaten Alabama?

It's not about how many times we've beaten someone. Here's one HUGE difference between the two. Alabama has never been a part of the reason another school left the conference they are in. Texas and their arrogance and attitude has been a part of if not the main reason FIVE times!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Peter Porker

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 21, 2017, 02:59:18 pm
It's not about how many times we've beaten someone. Here's one HUGE difference between the two. Alabama has never been a part of the reason another school left the conference they are in. Texas and their arrogance and attitude has been a part of that reason FIVE times!

Alabama is the reason why not a single Razorback fan has hope to win a conference title.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Peter Porker on March 21, 2017, 03:31:52 pm
Alabama is the reason why not a single Razorback fan has hope to win a conference title.

Maybe you don't have hope but don't pretend to speak for the rest of us. Besides Texas WAS like Bama at one time in their conference. Now not so much. Things can change.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

MuskogeeHogFan

Alabama's defensive recruiting is the reason why it is so difficult to beat Alabama. We compare pretty well offensively, it's the defense that is the difference.

But back to topic, I like seeing the Longhorn's fail.
Go Hogs Go!

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Science Fiction Greg

Comparing Bama to Texas is like comparing an annoying neighbor to Stalin.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

HamSammich

Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 20, 2017, 10:42:21 pm
Congratulations. You qualify to vote in the AP pre-season college football poll. Every year, no matter how bad they sucked the year before, Texas is picked as a top 25 team with a chance to win a championship.

BTW, I'd say your response defines you.

Correct My response defines me. I carefully think out all posts before I type. I try to stay neutral and give insight. And I don't care if my opinion makes others upset. My response does define me.

Don't get mad bub, you are the person that started a thread of low hangin fruit that dreamed of 1000 "WPS" or "Hell yeah!" replies.

The fact is that Texas football is in better standing than Arkansas right now. And to pile on a team that will likely be playing for a national title next year seems short sighted and... well.... normal.

I somewhat like CBB. But Herman is a far far better coach. There is a reason Texas backed up the brinks truck for him and not CBB. He won a NC basically because of his play calls.... he worked frigging  miracles at Houston (I'm a season ticket holder of) and showed he could recruit at Arkansas level at HOUSTON.

And let me tell you something else you could have researched... Strong recruited GOOD, solid men that work hard... and a lot of them. Texas overall talent is as good as anyone in the nation. Let that sink in.

Herman is better than CBB but that's not saying CBB is bad.
Texas players are all far more highly recruited than Arkansas players... not saying our players are bad.

Texas football does not "officially suck" and I'm not sure which I find more comical... the thread or you getting mad.

That being said- screw texas.

ricepig

Snizzzo

March 21, 2017, 06:07:59 pm #71 Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 07:24:17 pm by Snizzzo
I love those comparing Alabama to Texas.  It's neat when people post about things they have no experience with, and if you are comparing the two, you've obviously never experienced Texas's unmitigated doucherey.

Here's an idea:  Don't be so arrogant that you assume that you know better about Texas than the thousands of fans that actually remember them, mmmkay?  There just MIGHT be a reason why Arkansas, A&M, Mizzou, Nebraska and Colorado ran as fast as they could to other conferences.  It is unprecedented and in some of those cased probably detrimental.

factchecker

Quote from: HamSammich on March 21, 2017, 05:35:37 pm
and showed he could recruit at Arkansas level at HOUSTON.

Tom Herman was hired by Houston on December 15, 2014.  Here are his recruiting classes ranked compared to Arkansas in that time span:

2015:
http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Arkansas # 23
Houston # 92

2016:
http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Arkansas #23
Houston #36

Herman no doubt improved Houston's recruiting in the short time he was there BUT the closest it got was 13 below Arkansas.  By your reasoning that makes our recruiting classes on par with a top 10 ranking.

Heck, he barely beat us in recruiting this past cycle DESPITE being surrounded by top talent and having the best recruiting pitch at t-sip u:

Texas #26
Arkansas #28

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ChitownHawg

Maybe you need to change your name to beefsammich?  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Snizzzo

factchecker

Quote from: Snizzzo on March 21, 2017, 06:29:45 pm

You can't comment on HS recruits, can you on transfers?  I thought this was a no-no.

I'm not sure.  If Herman can transform Harris into a competent QB then he will deserve all the praise he gets.  Harris struggled mightily at LSU.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

31to6

Quote from: factchecker on March 21, 2017, 06:42:36 pm
I'm not sure.  If Herman can transform Harris into a competent QB then he will deserve all the praise he gets.  Harris struggled mightily at LSU.

Hahahahahahah.. Let it be so!

Harris is Swopes 2.0.

Dude can't read defenses. If that is what Herman is pinning his hopes on, then his hopes in the short term are bowl eligibility--not championships.

HamSammich

Quote from: 31to6 on March 21, 2017, 07:34:45 pm
Hahahahahahah.. Let it be so!

Harris is Swopes 2.0.

Dude can't read defenses. If that is what Herman is pinning his hopes on, then his hopes in the short term are bowl eligibility--not championships.

ear-marking this thread.... Herman is special.

Ugly Uncle

It is great to see UT in so much trouble.

Ham...your post was ignorant...and I'm not even mad at ya.  Just feel sorry for you.

UT owned the officials and there were so many times we were cheated in our time in the SWC that it just burned into my brain a raging hatred for UT.

Also, UT fans are possibly the dumbest (again, see Ham) fans in the world.  Their Administration has ruined a once proud athletic program.  Arrogance is their calling card.

I'm only 47 but I'm a third generation hater of all things UT.

I also remember that 81 game.  One of the happiest days of my life.  Just above the day I was married, just below the birth of my first born. 
Retired Radio Host

LZH

Maybe so, but I still root for Bama all but one weekend out of the year.  Texas and Alabama are apples and oranges.

mhsbc59

Quote from: HamSammich on March 21, 2017, 08:04:31 pm

Sounds to me your a Herman and Houston fan more so than a hog fan please find a Houston cougar are longhorn board to troll thank you good buy.
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

31to6

Quote from: HamSammich on March 21, 2017, 08:04:31 pm

If he turns Harris into a QB, I will happily eat my helping of crow.

The guy has athletic talent to make plays, but mentally there just seem to be much 'there' there..

Honestly, he would do better under St. Gus in his "we don't pay you to think" offense.

Jborohog09

Quote from: HamSammich on March 21, 2017, 05:35:37 pm

Texas football does not "officially suck" and I'm not sure which I find more comical... the thread or you getting mad.

The last three years they've gone 6-7, 5-7, and 5-7.  Seems pretty sucky to me.

Sow Lancelot

For those that just don't understand the loathing;

Since the name was spoken 40 times in this thread and no one tried to get the taste out of their mouth, I'll just do it for you.

Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit,
Spit, Spit, Spit, Spit.

There. I hate Texass (spit).
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Peter Porker on March 21, 2017, 01:00:34 pm

The last time Texas did that to us was in the 1940's. Yet, we still hate them and many of our fans root for Alabama.

I have Bama friends and we have always enjoyed a good rivalry banter. Longhorns are arrogant pricks.

Remember the Texas Bowl? During the pre-bowl events where they cheated to win the rodeo contest. Here was a team that pitifully limped into the bowl and felt it necessary to cheat in a pre-bowl event. Feeling it was their right to be the winners of everything. That is Texas. Always has been and always will be.

When I was in primary school we had Texas Week. Each class had a poster contest. We were raised to hate Texas.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: ChitownHawg on March 22, 2017, 06:22:41 am
I have Bama friends and we have always enjoyed a good rivalry banter. Longhorns are arrogant pricks.

Remember the Texas Bowl? During the pre-bowl events where they cheated to win the rodeo contest. Here was a team that pitifully limped into the bowl and felt it necessary to cheat in a pre-bowl event. Feeling it was their right to be the winners of everything. That is Texas. Always has been and always will be.

When I was in primary school we had Texas Week. Each class had a poster contest. We were raised to hate Texas.

We have a rivalry with Bama?

goodguytex

Quote from: 311Hog on March 21, 2017, 01:51:04 pm
Amen!! Their arrogant, condescending attitudes make me want to hit some of them upside the head.

I grew up with a guy who was my best friend from 13 until in my 20s when I told him I was going to a Hog game in Fayetteville and he asked if he could go too
I had an extra ticket so he went too. When we got to the game, he takes off his jacket revealing a burnt orange texass shirt, and spent the game saying out loud Hogs suck! Go Horns and Texas rules. I left him in Fayetteville. He got back on his own, and that kind of ended our friendship.

Horn fans are just that way. I work with one, and he too makes me want to slap him sometimes with his arrogant attitude. Not that I would, but that condescension just ticks me off.

It does my heart real good to see them suck. I hope they continue to for all eternity.

goodguytex

I'll say this about Bama fans too... The ones I have been around have all been nice, humble, jolly, would shake your hand, invite you to their tailgate.

I was at the 2010 bama game in Fayetteville, and our seats were in the bama section. They were all very nice, very confident too. They go into every game knowing their team will win. May not always work out that way, but they are used to winning every game. But their fans can't hold a candle where arrogance and condescension are concerned.

hogcard1964

I hate Texas as much as the next guy, but as a football program, we're in no position to rip on any other program.  None whatsoever.

...just saying...

goodguytex

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 22, 2017, 09:04:06 am
I hate Texas as much as the next guy, but as a football program, we're in no position to rip on any other program.  None whatsoever.

...just saying...
We've been to bowl games 3 consecutive years, won 2 of 3. The horns haven't. Compared to them, we are looking pretty good right now.

FANONTHEHILL

For the other "old timers" here, does it seem to you that Texas has lost their football identity primarily because of scheme and style?  I was a child of the 1970's and Texas had the identity of being bigger and stronger and going right over the top of you.  That's what Coach Royal and then Coach Akers used.  Lam, Ham, and Jam Jones and Earl Campbell lining up and running right at you.  Although they were able to win a championship with Vince Young, the program has been is steady decline since. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

hogcard1964

Quote from: goodguytex on March 22, 2017, 09:18:48 am
We've been to bowl games 3 consecutive years, won 2 of 3. The horns haven't. Compared to them, we are looking pretty good right now.

Aside from beating them in a bowl game that nobody outside of Arkansas and Texas knows exists; as a Razorback fan, there's been zero to brag about over the past 5 years or so.

HawgTide

If you think Texas will win the championship next year you have issues

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on March 22, 2017, 10:11:20 am
For the other "old timers" here, does it seem to you that Texas has lost their football identity primarily because of scheme and style?  I was a child of the 1970's and Texas had the identity of being bigger and stronger and going right over the top of you.  That's what Coach Royal and then Coach Akers used.  Lam, Ham, and Jam Jones and Earl Campbell lining up and running right at you.  Although they were able to win a championship with Vince Young, the program has been is steady decline since. 

I think a few things happened to them. #1-Mack Brown stayed on too long. A common mistake that we have seen some very successful HC's make. #2-Mack got a little lazy in his oversight in recruiting and I believe even admitted that like Bobby Bowden, he got caught up more in "stars" than his staff doing a better job of player evaluation.

I'm aware of at least one mistake they made in not knowing the players that they are recruiting. There was this top 5 DT that everyone wanted who just happened to come from a Christian home. They brought him (and some other players) to a party where there were apparently some young ladies who liked to show off their assets and were also apparently willing to do "anything" to help Texas land big time recruits. Now imagine if you are a parent who has a Christian home and has raised your son to honor those values and he is subjected to this type of entertainment on a recruiting trip? Needless to say, it didn't go well for Texas. Oklahoma knew the young man better and provided more family friendly entertainment when he made his visit to Norman.

Now if they made that mistake because they didn't know their recruit better, you know that they made other mistakes on other recruits as well. I'd say that they somehow lost their focus and stopped doing the things that had helped make them successful in the past.

To further illustrate this, they were 48-17 (.738) from 2007-2011 and had 16 kids drafted in Rds 1-3. From 2012-2016 they went 33-30 (.524) and had just 4 kids drafted in Rds 1-3.

Charlie Strong was the wrong hire for Texas. I think he is a skilled coach, but he was just not a good fit from a personality standpoint for a job like Texas.

I'm not sure if their current hire is going to get it turned around in Austin, but I'll bet they will be a lot better than they have been in the recent past. 
Go Hogs Go!

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 22, 2017, 10:14:11 am
Aside from beating them in a bowl game that nobody outside of Arkansas and Texas knows exists; as a Razorback fan, there's been zero to brag about over the past 5 years or so.

Outside of the things Arkansas has to brag about, they have nothing to brag about.  Excellent point.

Just stop.  You guys are so transparent.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on March 22, 2017, 10:58:36 am
Outside of the things Arkansas has to brag about, they have nothing to brag about.  Excellent point.

Just stop.  You guys are so transparent.

+1000

Everyone gets a trophy!!!!

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 22, 2017, 10:14:11 am

I strongly urge you to find another, more successful, program to become a fan of. It appears you need the self esteem.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on March 22, 2017, 11:28:15 am
I strongly urge you to find another, more successful, program to become a fan of. It appears you need the self esteem.

Maybe?????

You think if I became a Mizzou fan, I'd be happier?  They seem to have a few wins always penciled in on their schedule, no?  They certainly know how to stage big second half comebacks.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 22, 2017, 11:32:45 am
Maybe?????

You think if I became a Mizzou fan, I'd be happier?  They seem to have a few wins always penciled in on their schedule, no?  They certainly know how to stage big second half comebacks.

I don't care who you root for, but the Hogs aren't working out for you. Spending all day every day repeating the same inflammatory garbage for the sake of getting more attention makes you one sick puppy.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.