Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stadium Expansion

Started by Boss Hog in the Arkansas, February 28, 2017, 01:38:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: ricepig on March 09, 2017, 09:40:51 am
When we get new turf, which is this summer, or next summer.

I'm the one that texted him asking if the font would be updated in the end zones to keep the "Brand" consistent. He said that it was part of the plan.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 01, 2017, 01:29:46 pm
There is no standard seating in the end zone (bleachers). The closest thing will be the red premium chair back seats, which also sell out quick. People want their own seat and don't want bleachers where a 300lb blob can steal your steal.

I resemble that remark...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

soooieman

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 09, 2017, 09:56:19 am
Jeff Long tweeted about this recently. It is in the works. Not sure if for next year or not. I liked the red end zones with white lettering that we saw at the Belk Bowl. I think it would make the field look better.
LOVE the red end zone with white letters. Would look great

bennyl08

Quote from: soooieman on March 16, 2017, 11:29:08 pm
LOVE the red end zone with white letters. Would look great

Wisconsin and Bama already do this.

Can't say that I'm a big fan. Especially compared to this.

If we do want to do something crazy with the coloring, I'm wondering about doing something like below but with the whole sideline red. Also, maybe black outline instead of the red or at least a thin black outlining outside the white. Don't like the lettering in the below image.

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

bennyl08

I guess some of the idea of the sideline being, you can't escape that this is our home turf. With the red just on the endzone, it signifies a target, something of ours that they can come into and take from us. Have the endzone be the same green background but the sidelines be completely red, there's no special area for them to penetrate, visually speaking. The endzone visually isn't all that different from the field. What is different is the area outside the field, engulfing the field. There is nothing to come in and take, you are already inside the special area and surrounding by it, engulfed in it. Nothing for you to conquer, it has already conquered you.

Sure, the endzone is still worth 7 points and is a special place to go into, but football is also a mental sport.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

theFlyingHog

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 17, 2017, 12:04:33 am
I guess some of the idea of the sideline being, you can't escape that this is our home turf. With the red just on the endzone, it signifies a target, something of ours that they can come into and take from us. Have the endzone be the same green background but the sidelines be completely red, there's no special area for them to penetrate, visually speaking. The endzone visually isn't all that different from the field. What is different is the area outside the field, engulfing the field. There is nothing to come in and take, you are already inside the special area and surrounding by it, engulfed in it. Nothing for you to conquer, it has already conquered you.

Sure, the endzone is still worth 7 points and is a special place to go into, but football is also a mental sport.
Just stay out of my safe space

bennyl08

Quote from: theFlyingHog on March 17, 2017, 12:35:20 am
Just stay out of my safe space

How many times do I have to say you can't make a stranger's garage your safe space! Now get out or I'll call the cops.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That red endzone with white letters looks pretty nice.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

rljjr

First World Problem whine below.

Our font ... ugh. There is nothing inconsistent in branding about different fonts for different sports. Tradition goes awry in this corporate effort. I mean for crying out loud we have 75 different variations of Razorback -- pork chop, Sue E, etc.  Tradition says Slobberin' Hog should live. Tradition says baseball uniforms should have some script. Nothing wrong with a variation with the approved font, but variations should exist -- even on the basketball uniforms. They ought to be like the days when we were winning, with Razorbacks arc'd across the front. But that's just me. It's my one gripe about Jeff Long. Oh, and we are one of the only SEC schools who doesn't have our own logo visible from the pitcher's mound. We get that lovely ARWORST logo. I'd settle for that logo AND a Hog. But no.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: rljjr on March 17, 2017, 09:13:09 am

Our font ... ugh. There is nothing inconsistent in branding about different fonts for different sports. Tradition goes awry in this corporate effort. I mean for crying out loud we have 75 different variations of Razorback -- pork chop, Sue E, etc.  Tradition says Slobberin' Hog should live. Tradition says baseball uniforms should have some script. Nothing wrong with a variation with the approved font, but variations should exist -- even on the basketball uniforms. They ought to be like the days when we were winning, with Razorbacks arc'd across the front. But that's just me. It's my one gripe about Jeff Long. Oh, and we are one of the only SEC schools who doesn't have our own logo visible from the pitcher's mound. We get that lovely ARWORST logo. I'd settle for that logo AND a Hog. But no.

Rule No. 1:  Wear red and white, the school colors.   Wear it.  Live it.  Learn it.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 17, 2017, 09:23:45 am
Rule No. 1:  Wear red and white, the school colors.   Wear it.  Live it.  Learn it.

And Anthracite on special occasions, learn it, live with it....

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 17, 2017, 09:23:45 am
B-b-but the recruits.... ;D

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on March 17, 2017, 09:25:56 am
And Anthracite on special occasions, learn it, live with it....

If we ever win a natty, I'll allow it for the post-championship parade down Dickson Street.

(But not for the much larger, much more well attended parade in Little Rock)
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 17, 2017, 10:17:46 am
If we ever win a natty, I'll allow it for the post-championship parade down Dickson Street.

(But not for the much larger, much more well attended parade in Little Rock)

What about the Worlds Shortest Parade in Hot Springs?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on March 17, 2017, 10:23:37 am
What about the Worlds Shortest Parade in Hot Springs?

Shriner's hats?  Monkeys on tricycles?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on March 17, 2017, 10:48:29 am

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news/local-news/hot-springs-st-patricks-day-parade/673823096

How did that get past me?  I don't even know where to start with that.

Although having Ric Flair start your parade is pretty epic.

woodhog14

Quote from: rljjr on March 17, 2017, 09:13:09 am

I agree. The font that we use now looks terrible on our baseball uniforms. It's not made for baseball.

The_Iceman

Imagine this, but the red being filled in better and a little lighter.

code red

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 17, 2017, 11:13:57 am
Imagine this, but the red being filled in better and a little lighter.
That is freaking sweet...so it probably won't happen.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 17, 2017, 10:52:11 am
How did that get past me?  I don't even know where to start with that.

Although having Ric Flair start your parade is pretty epic.

https://twitter.com/ArRecruitingGuy/status/842752769266237440

factchecker

Someone needs to get Slick Rick to do the Hog call.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: factchecker on March 17, 2017, 04:03:25 pm
Someone needs to get Slick Rick to do the Hog call.

It wouldn't be a stupid wolf call, that's for sure.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Sportster365

If their going for the bowl look, then its a huge fail. The whole thing just looks half done imo, especially compared next to stadiums completely enclosed.

ricepig

Quote from: Sportster365 on March 20, 2017, 09:38:33 am
If their going for the bowl look, then its a huge fail. The whole thing just looks half done imo, especially compared next to stadiums completely enclosed.

They were going for adding 3000 more high paying seats, they'll accomplish that.

Hog Fan...DOH!

March 20, 2017, 09:46:56 am #127 Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 03:48:44 pm by Hog Fan...DOH!
Quote from: Sportster365 on March 20, 2017, 09:38:33 am

I think they're going for the increased revenue look.  Oh, and as a side question, do you think Gillette Stadium looks half-done? 

sowmonella

I normally don't complain about UA decisions. Please just complete the NEZ. Who ever thought having the open space was a grand idea, you were wrong. Let's please not wait 12-20 years to fix it. If they feel it is important that fans be able to see into the stadium at all times, just put a glass walkway and an observation area.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

rljjr

Quote from: sowmonella on March 20, 2017, 09:51:10 am
I normally don't complain about UA decisions. Please just complete the NEZ. Who ever thought having the open space was a grand idea, you were wrong. Let's please not wait 12-20 years to fix it. If they feel it is important that fans be able to see into the stadium at all times, just put a glass walkway and an observation area.

Right on.

DeltaBoy

Looks good so far.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

The_Iceman

They have plans for that space. One idea I heard was a gated "private club" area. It would be standing room with some table and chairs spread out. They would have local food and beer vender carts up there available to those with a ticket. Sounds kinda cool.

And if it doesn't go well, it can always be closed in and completed at a later date.

GuvHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 20, 2017, 10:11:04 am
They have plans for that space. One idea I heard was a gated "private club" area. It would be standing room with some table and chairs spread out. They would have local food and beer vender carts up there available to those with a ticket. Sounds kinda cool.

And if it doesn't go well, it can always be closed in and completed at a later date.

I thought the private Club area was to go just below the scoreboard on top of the luxury boxes.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GoHogzzGo

Currently I agree but I'm curious to see the finished product. It is bowled fully on the bottom, so from Field View it may look quite a bit better, it is just the birds eye perspective making it look incomplete. I'd rather just take the top section of the two story sky boxes and put that in the hole. But maybe once complete I'll see the vision better.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on March 20, 2017, 09:41:28 am
They were going for adding 3000 more high paying seats, they'll accomplish that.

As well as going for quite a few other things.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hawgar The Horrible

I swear many of you would cuss works of Picasso because some eyes are uneven.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

lechon

I agree, why not "bowl it in" now while construction is underway.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

Hog Fan...DOH!

"I wish that Empire State Building was taller." 

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: lechon on March 20, 2017, 03:30:02 pm
I agree, why not "bowl it in" now while construction is underway.

Ever been to Jordan-Hare Stadium? NOTHING aesthetically pleasing about it. It looks like Rick Shaeffers dome inverted.

Sportster365

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on March 20, 2017, 09:46:56 am
I they're going for the increased revenue look.  Oh, and as a side question, do you think Gillette Stadium looks half-done?

Yes

Tejano Jawg

I just hope the excavation/construction doesn't disrupt an ancient Indian burial ground.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on March 20, 2017, 03:44:44 pm
I just hope the excavation/construction doesn't disrupt an ancient Indian burial ground.

No joke. When I lived in Washington construction of a new, 50 ft, bridge was held up on a tributary right next to the Snake River.

I seem to recall the contractor getting paid in the neighborhood of 200k/mo for almost 2 years...while awaiting the lawsuits to be settled. Nice gig if you can get it.

ricepig

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on March 20, 2017, 03:44:44 pm

Snail darter, that or those blind fish they always find in caves.....

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on March 20, 2017, 04:17:15 pm

Wasn't the Snail Darters your high school mascot?  (And weren't you the mascot?)

bennyl08

March 20, 2017, 05:01:58 pm #144 Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 05:31:22 pm by bennyl08

Hey, they found some badass woolly mammoth bones while updating the Oregon State stadium. Probably brought more news and excitement in that stadium than the actual football team has.

Inhogswetrust

The new NWA airport was delayed and almost didn't get built because of that type of nonsense. We studied it in business class at the UA.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 20, 2017, 04:50:13 pm
Wasn't the Snail Darters your high school mascot?  (And weren't you the mascot?)

Not hardly, I was a legend in my own mind, 3 sport star!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on March 20, 2017, 05:20:33 pm
Not hardly, I was a legend in my own mind, 3 sport star!

Hot dog eating, darts and hopscotch don't count.......................

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 20, 2017, 05:23:26 pm
Hot dog eating, darts and hopscotch don't count.......................

At the same time......I beg to differ.

1highhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 20, 2017, 10:11:04 am

As ICEMAN pointed out, they do have plans to complete the NEZ, and it's supposed to be started in 5 years once all the funding is there for the project.  I can tell you what I heard they're planning on doing with that empty space.  ICEMAN is on the right track with what he heard, it will be a fully enclosed glassed structure with columns that's a members only, "private club" area.  It will have tables and chairs spread out facing the pool and the field.  That's right, I said pool. It's supposed to be and oval shaped heated pool.  They will have local food and beer venders up there available to those with that have a membership for that area.  This is not including those who have luxury boxes, only for those who will be sitting the entire game time in that designated area.  But with it being 5 years away, it could change many times before then.