Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White bass run

Started by HuntnHog, March 18, 2016, 11:30:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnHog

Curious if anyone has had any luck catching white bass up the white river arm of Beaver Lake.  I will be going up tomorrow, picking up my dad, and putting in at 412 bridge.  Plan on heading up stream and trying our luck.
Most reports I've read say they are catching a few but doesn't sound like the run is in full swing yet. Just curious if anyone on here has been and done any good.

BroyledNutts

With as much mud as there has been in the rivers I'd imagine the run has suffered some delays ... Good Luck tomorrow and keep an eye peeled for floating trash. Give us a report when you can.

HuntnHog

Was cold and windy yesterday.  Put in at 412 bridge around noon and went up about a mile past Neil's bluff.  Caught 4 crappie (1 keeper, another about 9.5", the rest real small,) 2 small black bass. The wind made it tough but zero white bass.  Was really surprised with as much water as we covered that we did not catch a single white bass.  But, had a good time on the water with my dad.  I grew up fishing  beaver lake with my dad and I had not been fishing on that lake since 1994.  On the way home today I drove by lake elmdale and was impressed with the ramp/Parking area and the water was a lot clearer than what we fished yesterday.  Told dad we need to try some bream fishing  there later this year.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: HuntnHog on March 20, 2016, 11:17:30 pm
Was cold and windy yesterday.  Put in at 412 bridge around noon and went up about a mile past Neil's bluff.  Caught 4 crappie (1 keeper, another about 9.5", the rest real small,) 2 small black bass. The wind made it tough but zero white bass.  Was really surprised with as much water as we covered that we did not catch a single white bass.  But, had a good time on the water with my dad.  I grew up fishing  beaver lake with my dad and I had not been fishing on that lake since 1994.  On the way home today I drove by lake elmdale and was impressed with the ramp/Parking area and the water was a lot clearer than what we fished yesterday.  Told dad we need to try some bream fishing  there later this year.
We fish Elmdale quite a bit on our kayaks.  That lake is filled with moss and grass.  Still decent fishing though.  I was talking to the owner of that little bait shop.  He said that they just released something like 1500 to 2000 grass carp to help with that issue. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on March 21, 2016, 12:00:22 pm
We fish Elmdale quite a bit on our kayaks.  That lake is filled with moss and grass.  Still decent fishing though.  I was talking to the owner of that little bait shop.  He said that they just released something like 1500 to 2000 grass carp to help with that issue.

The fishing will go to crap if they did that. No grass=no baby fish

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 22, 2016, 12:23:16 am
The fishing will go to crap if they did that. No grass=no baby fish
This lake is completely over run with moss.  I asked that bait shop owner why they didn't release more.  He told me that they didn't want to get rid of all of the grass and moss, they only want to attempt to control it a little better.  Right now, it is out of hand.

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

jdelo77

Went Below war eagle mill yesterday , no white bass at all !! Got one keeper walleye ( that was dinner ) 16 black bass , four perch ( all snagged ) but pretty good day all in all ..walleye was on a storm orange and black Crawdad crank bait , the rest were on minnows ...

pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on March 22, 2016, 08:41:47 am
This lake is completely over run with moss.  I asked that bait shop owner why they didn't release more.  He told me that they didn't want to get rid of all of the grass and moss, they only want to attempt to control it a little better.  Right now, it is out of hand.

Did they sterilize the ones they released.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on April 04, 2016, 11:34:53 am
Did they sterilize the ones they released.
I couldn't tell you.  It was a AGFC project.