Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

cards vs mets

Started by onebadrubi, May 18, 2015, 06:30:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

Anyone else not getting it on ESPN right now?  I'm getting espn news on espn at the moment, checked and the game is going on, no rain delay or anything like that. 

clutch

Blacked out for me on directv. Sucks

popcornhog

I watched it on ESPN last night.
WPS

onebadrubi

Quote from: clutch on May 18, 2015, 09:15:25 pm
Blacked out for me on directv. Sucks

I've never seen anything blacked out on the main espn channel.  that is truly a first. 

clutch

Quote from: onebadrubi on May 19, 2015, 10:12:26 am
I've never seen anything blacked out on the main espn channel.  that is truly a first. 

This is the second thing I've seen done that way. Both were Cardinals games. It is a new thing I guess. I don't ever remember seeing anything blacked out on the main ESPN channel until the past month or so.

McKdaddy

Yeah, I had to go to 671 on DTV to watch it .... FSMW. I subscribe to the Fox Sports package to be able to get all Cards' games. Worth the $14/mo. Of course I'm not watching the other 35+ channels that come as part of the package.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

clutch

Quote from: McKdaddy on May 19, 2015, 09:25:17 pm
Yeah, I had to go to 671 on DTV to watch it .... FSMW. I subscribe to the Fox Sports package to be able to get all Cards' games. Worth the $14/mo. Of course I'm not watching the other 35+ channels that come as part of the package.

I guess that's what I'm going to have to do. Killing me not being able to watch all the cards games

popcornhog

Quote from: clutch on May 19, 2015, 10:17:52 pm
I guess that's what I'm going to have to do. Killing me not being able to watch all the cards games

Possibly a better deal is paying for the full subscription mlb at bat membership. It's $200/year and you get all 162 games for every team live in HD on your mobile device, computer, and TV if you have Apple TV or any means of streaming your mobile device on your tv screen.

I love it because I get to watch every game, even when traveling.
WPS

McKdaddy

Quote from: popcornhog on May 20, 2015, 03:23:15 pm
Possibly a better deal is paying for the full subscription mlb at bat membership. It's $200/year and you get all 162 games for every team live in HD on your mobile device, computer, and TV if you have Apple TV or any means of streaming your mobile device on your tv screen.

I love it because I get to watch every game, even when traveling.

Depends where one lives, Pop.  That is the way I started w/ my Cards' coverage on DTV, opting for the MLB package over the Fox Sports package.  However, all Cards' games were blacked-out for me on the MLB package b/c my coverage area (Tulsa) is considered Cardinals' territory for black-out purposes.  This too affected my wife, a Rangers' fan, b/c Tulsa has 4 teams claiming us for black-out purposes -- Astros, Rangers, Royals, and Cardinals.  So neither of us were getting to watch our team on the MLB package during the first week of the season in 2013.  So I dropped the MLB package and grabbed the Fox Sports package (DTV doesn't call it the Fox Sports package), and since then have had no black-out problems.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

popcornhog

Quote from: McKdaddy on May 20, 2015, 04:23:55 pm
Depends where one lives, Pop.  That is the way I started w/ my Cards' coverage on DTV, opting for the MLB package over the Fox Sports package.  However, all Cards' games were blacked-out for me on the MLB package b/c my coverage area (Tulsa) is considered Cardinals' territory for black-out purposes.  This too affected my wife, a Rangers' fan, b/c Tulsa has 4 teams claiming us for black-out purposes -- Astros, Rangers, Royals, and Cardinals.  So neither of us were getting to watch our team on the MLB package during the first week of the season in 2013.  So I dropped the MLB package and grabbed the Fox Sports package (DTV doesn't call it the Fox Sports package), and since then have had no black-out problems.

That is great that you found a work around.

I had forgotten but the Cards are blacked out on the mlb app in much of Arkansas, too.

Of course you can work around with a VPN connection or an off site proxy server, but yeah. That sucks for our friends in Arkansas and Oklahoma.
WPS