Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 2 THREAD: #2 Arkansas (1-0, 0-0 SEC) vs Bucknell (0-1, 0-0 Patriot League)

Started by Razorbacks#1, February 16, 2018, 08:08:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisco Pig

Murrell walks on a 3-0 count.  McFarland goes to second.  Two outs.

Wisco Pig

Wisco Pig

Wisco Pig

Wisco Pig

Kenley strikes out looking at a 2-2 pitch to end the 8th.

32-4, Arkansas.

Razorbacks#1

4               Top 9th                   32

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Bucknell         1| 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 0 |    | -  |  4  |  7  | 2  | 7   
Arkansas        3| 6 | 7 | 6 | 0 | 5 | 4 | 1 |    | -  |  32|  22| 0  | 8   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Wisco Pig

Meanwhile, over at Bud Walton, Arkansas holds a 15-12 lead over A&M with 12:20 left in the 1st half.

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Wisco Pig

Jacob Kostyshock will replace Milligan and pitch the 9th.

Middleton will pinch-hit for Scales.

Maddhog

Well shucks.   Classy person that I am, I wanted to tie or break that 33 run record.

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

JHicks3636

The 32 runs is one shy of the record of 33. The 30 rbi's tied the all time record.

Wisco Pig

Wisco Pig

CJ HOG

Quote from: Maddhog on February 17, 2018, 03:25:44 pm
Well shucks.   Classy person that I am, I wanted to tie or break that 33 run record.

Lol, I know right. Once you've gotten that close, you're like why not...

Wisco Pig

Wisco Pig

Razorbacks#1

4               FINAL                   32

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Bucknell         1| 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | -  |  4  |  7  | 2  | 7   
Arkansas        3| 6 | 7 | 6 | 0 | 5 | 4 | 1 | x | -  |  32|  22| 0  | 8   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

CJ HOG

Razorbacks#1

Outstanding job Wisco! Thanks everyone. Back at again tomorrow. Go HOGS!

THUNDER!

Knot2brite

So.....even though we played a lesser opponent....we are pretty good eh?
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

JHicks3636

Wisco Pig

Quote from: JHicks3636 on February 17, 2018, 03:33:02 pm
Great job Wisco

Thanks, all.  Please tell me that I'm not the only one to see the final score and notice Sidney Moncrief wore #32 for the Hogs and then #4 for the Bucks.

Maddhog

Well done, Wisco and company.   After tomorrow the games will be tougher but this team is impressive.   I'm excited for the season.
#WPS
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

PigWig

Knot2brite

All I know is that someone needs to give Kostyshock a couple more sammiches on his meal plan. He threw a good inning but I kept worrying the wind was going to catch him and blow him away...that is a slender dude

welchog

Quote from: Wisco Pig on February 17, 2018, 03:34:04 pm
Thanks, all.  Please tell me that I'm not the only one to see the final score and notice Sidney Moncrief wore #32 for the Hogs and then #4 for the Bucks.

And both numbers retired by their perspective organizations.

SPAL

I'm taking zero from this series. This bucknell team is worse than playing Fayetteville high school. The only thing from playing Bucky is that we are actually playing baseball against someone other than ourselves. And I'm impressed with our plate approach. It's refreshing to not be hacking at the first pitch and every other pitch.

JHicks3636

Tony Perkis

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 17, 2018, 03:43:52 pm
I'm taking zero from this series. This bucknell team is worse than playing Fayetteville high school. The only thing from playing Bucky is that we are actually playing baseball against someone other than ourselves. And I'm impressed with our plate approach. It's refreshing to not be hacking at the first pitch and every other pitch.
Yep.

Knot2brite

I am taking something from the pitching aspect...especially the younger guys..Vermillion looked like he was a strike thrower...Scroggins looked good...Campbell looked decent...Lee didn't seem to be on..Milligan struggles a minute then comes back...Kostyshock looked very effective...throwing strikes when your team is up 20 plus runs isn't hard but they weren't laying the pitches in there ...that helps later on

SPAL

Quote from: Knot2brite on February 17, 2018, 03:49:56 pm
I am taking something from the pitching aspect...especially the younger guys..Vermillion looked like he was a strike thrower...Scroggins looked good...Campbell looked decent...Lee didn't seem to be on..Milligan struggles a minute then comes back...Kostyshock looked very effective...throwing strikes when your team is up 20 plus runs isn't hard but they weren't laying the pitches in there ...that helps later on

We could have trotted you out there and you would have looked like Clayton Keyshawn. And I've seen you throw.....;)

Knot2brite

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 17, 2018, 03:53:13 pm
We could have trotted you out there and you would have looked like Clayton Keyshawn. And I've seen you throw.....;)
Hahahahahahahaha yes you have...although I have developed a killer 45 foot cutter...hahahah

Wisco Pig

Quote from: JHicks3636 on February 17, 2018, 03:48:38 pm
Campbell was given the win.

Thanks for following up on that.  Both starters have looked pretty good.  Can't wait to see McKinney work tomorrow.

ricepig

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 17, 2018, 03:43:52 pm

Yeah, kind of disappointed in their ability. I thought after the first 1/2 inning that it might be an 7-1, 8-3 game and they had some pitching they were holding back.

ricepig

Quote from: Knot2brite on February 17, 2018, 03:54:27 pm
Hahahahahahahaha yes you have...although I have developed a killer 45 foot cutter...hahahah

BP behind a pitching screen. Those 12 yr old couldn't hit my lefty cutter in on their hands.

Knot2brite

Quote from: ricepig on February 17, 2018, 03:58:38 pm
BP behind a pitching screen. Those 12 yr old couldn't hit my lefty cutter in on their hands.
Yeah well SPAL used to smack the ball around the ball park when he was in high school off me in bp but I was a young BP thrower then...now I am ....a crafty righty

Razor_back

Go Hogs

pigture perfect

Thanks for the great thread guys and gals. That was fun. Excellent job today Wisco.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ThisTeetsTaken

At least Campbell got to knock some rust off.  I hope McKinney gets to do the same tomorrow.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

dsgreen

Through two games the baseball team is averaging 22.5 points a game, just 4.4 less than the football team last year.

ucahogfan

Quote from: dsgreen on February 17, 2018, 06:07:03 pm
Through two games the baseball team is averaging 22.5 points a game, just 4.4 less than the football team last year.
Points?

ucahogfan

Great game today.  Looks like I have a lot to hold up to tomorrow.  Thank you Wisco for the PBP.

Really like this team.  Martin crushed that hanging breaking ball.  Very rarely do you see someone his size hit it that far.  The pop in this lineup is just crazy.

I feel a lot better about the pen with Scroggins back.  It was impressive to see him at 93-94 with a nasty breaking ball.  Just adds another arm to this staff.

dsgreen

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ucahogfan

Quote from: Kevin on February 17, 2018, 09:22:27 pm
I would have never thought bucknell would be this bad.
I would also say that we are that good this year too.  Sure, Bucknell is not a good indicator of how this team will be, but their Friday night guy did have an ERA last year well under 3.00 and we just dominated him yesterday.  Sure, he wasn't like he was throwing against SEC teams every week, but a 2.28 ERA is solid no matter the conference.

ucahogfan

I would like to see Casey Martin settle in as our everyday 3B.  He has game changing speed on the base paths which is what I believe this team needs.  He also showed a surprising amount of pop in that HR today.  I think he also hit a few HRs in the fall.

SPAL

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 17, 2018, 10:02:43 pm
I would like to see Casey Martin settle in as our everyday 3B.  He has game changing speed on the base paths which is what I believe this team needs.  He also showed a surprising amount of pop in that HR today.  I think he also hit a few HRs in the fall.

It's unreal. We have options everywhere....

ucahogfan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 17, 2018, 11:38:29 pm
It's unreal. We have options everywhere....
I don't think it is unreasonable to say that our second nine is top 25 caliber.  That is just how deep we are this year.