Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What a Day - Hogs up by 4 with 1:30 to play

Started by Since 1894, December 06, 2005, 08:49:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

AlmightyHog

Is it just me or does this team look worse than they did last year?

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Since 1894

Quote from: John Wesley Hardin on December 06, 2005, 08:56:28 pm
Who are they playing?

Texas State team who is  0 and 5 this year.  Coached by Dennis Nutt.

Since 1894

PulledPork

remember the days when we used to beat the shiite out of teams like this.........man!  what memories

Pulled out!

Since 1894

corndo

It is one of those famous Nutt "moral" victories.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: AlmightyHog on December 06, 2005, 08:52:45 pm
Is it just me or does this team look worse than they did last year?

It isn't just you.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

pignatious

I'm sorry to say this team is no better than last year. The most glaring problems were not addressed, no real point guard and no shooters. The biggest problem of all is also still around, Heath is still coaching. We used to beat teams like this by 40-50 points.
Freedom is never free.

Since 1894

Quote from: corndo on December 06, 2005, 09:00:04 pm

Not going there.  No matter what you think about the coaching abilities of Houston, Danny, Dickey or Dennis; they are a "feel good family story."  I would say that their parents did a good job raising their kids.  Three head coaches and one assistant coach who had two kids under his schooling (McFaden and Jones) named to the all conference team as freshmen.  As a father, I would be proud if my children reached those levels.

John

Hog Bounty Hunter

Hogs 6 of 9 from three point without Brewer, 7-17 with Brewer. Myabe Ronnie doesn't need to be shooting threes.1for 8 inot too good.

corndo

Rumor has it, Houston took all the B-ball players out for drinks last night, hoping they would be hung over and lose tonight to

deflect some heat off of himself. -Dang Houston, he fricks everything up!

corndo

Quote from: Since 1894 on December 06, 2005, 09:06:11 pm

Not going there. No matter what you think about the coaching abilities of Houston, Danny, Dickey or Dennis; they are a "feel good family story." I would say that their parents did a good job raising their kids. Three head coaches and one assistant coach who had two kids under his schooling (McFaden and Jones) named to the all conference team as freshmen. As a father, I would be proud if my children reached those levels.

John

It was a joke, nothing more. Next time I'll remember to add a  :D to the post.

hogfankb

Quote from: pignatious on December 06, 2005, 09:05:45 pm
I'm sorry to say this team is no better than last year. The most glaring problems were not addressed, no real point guard and no shooters. The biggest problem of all is also still around, Heath is still coaching. We used to beat teams like this by 40-50 points.

not in the last 8 years we wouldn't have. Nolan's teams late in his career would have lost to this team if they shot like that

Since 1894

Quote from: corndo on December 06, 2005, 09:09:25 pm
Quote from: Since 1894 on December 06, 2005, 09:06:11 pm

Not going there. No matter what you think about the coaching abilities of Houston, Danny, Dickey or Dennis; they are a "feel good family story." I would say that their parents did a good job raising their kids. Three head coaches and one assistant coach who had two kids under his schooling (McFaden and Jones) named to the all conference team as freshmen. As a father, I would be proud if my children reached those levels.

John

It was a joke, nothing more. Next time I'll remember to add a :D to the post.

NO PLEASE DON"T DO THAT.  It gave me a chance to get on my soap box!!! 

I knew that it was meant as a joke but I had some wine tonight and it is making me mellow!

See Ya!

doubleH

we were
Quote from: PulledPork on December 06, 2005, 08:58:41 pm
remember the days when we used to beat the shiite out of teams like this.........man! what memories

Pulled out!

how about just remember last week when we won by 40 against this caliber of a team

Adam Stokes

We usually do beat teams like this really bad.  Look at Portland State and Southern Miss.  We just played bad defense, (apart from Hill, who tied Arkansas record for blocks)

PulledPork

Quote from: doubleH on December 06, 2005, 09:12:07 pm
we were
Quote from: PulledPork on December 06, 2005, 08:58:41 pm
remember the days when we used to beat the shiite out of teams like this.........man! what memories

Pulled out!

how about just remember last week when we won by 40 against this caliber of a team
did I mention that I have "Mad Cow" disease............;D

Pulled out!

HairyHog

A win is a Win, but they have to play better to compete in the SEC. There were too many  3 pointers with nobody guarding the shooter. 

Broken Trigger

Isn't it funny how every game, the opposing team plays "great defense", and "just keeps hanging around".  Texas State, yeah right.

SardisHog

Same team, same chapter, same coaching should be about the same results as last year.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."<br />- Robin Williams

chiefsfan

Quote from: pignatious on December 06, 2005, 09:05:45 pm

yes but that was before Nolan went Nuts...  I dont know if Nolan wouldve beaten those guys...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

razorson

this team would be hard pressed to win the southland conf, that TS comes from. Mizzou St. will beat us badly if we play like this again.