Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How much Women's BB do you watch?

Started by Dwight_K_Shrute, February 02, 2018, 01:14:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight_K_Shrute

Had never watched much WBB outside of Razorback games until the last couple of years.  My wife is an MSU alum and fan and it has been fun watching their success with her.

Watching their game against Mizzou last night I thought to myself how in the world could the UofA pass up hiring Vic Schaeffer 3 different times and instead hire Gardner, Collin, and Dykes.  I know a run may have been made this last time but Vic wasn't leaving a runner up team and with his daughter there.  Also believe MN could have Vic Schaeffer like results here.

From watching last night's game with her it appears Missouri is probably more responsible for the bad blood with SC than they want to admit.  I was glad MSU pulled it out at Missouri. Very easy not to like that team and coach after watching them play.

One last thought does Andy Landers use too much hair dye?  I swear each time he's on TV his hair gets darker.  Just waiting for the day the lights are turned up too high and that stuff starts to run.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

flippinhogmana

I also watch other SEC games just to get a sense of their teams as well as all hog games.  A lot of what you say is on point but the officiating in the MIzzou game was suspect and in favor of MS State overtly.  I dont like Mizzou, but they have a legitimate grip about several pivotal fouls - the non travel foul on McCowan at the head of the list on which the Mizzou coach got a technical.  Mizzou outplayed the dogs, simply as that, but I still dont like Mizzou.  I am just speaking from an equity standpoint, MS state did not earn that W.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

ladybackfan

Did the UofA bower/transfer take a knee?

psycHOGlogist

Didn't see the game, but I would cheer for MS State a million times and twice on Sunday before I'd pull for that Mizzou squad. Bunch of bad sports and dirty players.

Dr. Starcs

I'll watch a good women's game 9/10 over a good Men's game.

Not sure exactly why, maybe just because the game is so much more fundamental at the women's level.

LadybackBBFan

I would watch a women's game - 95/100 times.  I know why.  Most people who have seen Missouri in person know that Cunningham is the dirtiest player in the league and her teammates feed off of her example.  It is interesting they call South Carolina dirtier.  I also do not like
South Carolina as they play hard and with a chip on their shoulder.  What is not to like about Mississippi State.  Vic Schaffer is a great guy and his kids are good kids also.  I hope they win the National this year and take down Connecticut again.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on February 03, 2018, 08:33:56 am
I would watch a women's game - 95/100 times.  I know why.  Most people who have seen Missouri in person know that Cunningham is the dirtiest player in the league and her teammates feed off of her example.  It is interesting they call South Carolina dirtier.  I also do not like
South Carolina as they play hard and with a chip on their shoulder.  What is not to like about Mississippi State.  Vic Schaffer is a great guy and his kids are good kids also.  I hope they win the National this year and take down Connecticut again.

To be clear I was pulling for Ms State up until a couple of bad calls.  I dont like bad officiating.  The whole idea of officiating and rules in general is that no team can take unfair advantage of the other.  When bad officiating is the cause of one team taking unfair advantage of the other its double bad.  Its personal with me.  I hate bad officiating.

I also really, really dont like Mizzou.  For me to take up for them, should tell you how bad I think the calls were. I dont like their general attitude and everyone in the league knows that Sophie Cunningham will take any advantage that she can.  But she also plays hard, and Mizzou plays hard.  I dont want to be unfair to anyone.  Let the girls play, the one who deserves to win, who plays harder and better should win.  Thats it.  But no team, especially ours should have to play five on eight at times.  Its just not right.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

nwahogfan1

February 03, 2018, 05:46:47 pm #7 Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 10:09:15 am by nwahogfan1
I watch every Arkansas ladies game on tv and some on the computer so I have watched over 10 this year.   I have not watched all of the Arkansas Boys games so my interests is swaying towards the women's because I think in a year or two MN will have his team doing better than Mike Anderson because he has a better plan.

I know what MN is trying to do so I know it takes talent to get there.  With his staff and his personality I really think he will attract more good players from all over.   BB can be one of the quickest sports to turn around so I think MN will get it done pretty quick. I am hoping anyway.

pigture perfect

I like CMN. He will do well here, I think.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Yosemite Ham

I agree. Good things ahead with Mike as head ball coach.
Elmer Fudds a [CENSORED]

Sow’sEar

Our household watches a lot of women's college basketball.  It is every bit as entertaining as the men's game.  And on an unrelated note, we DVR almost every college softball game on TV and watch them. 

jackflash

watch Lady Razorbacks every time I can.  Future is bright I think

Dwight_K_Shrute

Appreciate all the positive and insightful responses.  My wife is so MSU crazy right now she was keeping track of the game with SC last night as we were eating dinner at Hugo's for our daughter's birthday.  I kept telling her to put her phone away, but our daughter didn't mind. 

Love seeing how their fans have taken to that team, and I know Arkansas fans will once Mike Neighbors gets it rolling.  Coach Vic has created a very positive family type atmosphere there for the players and fans.  I know it can happen here because fans were really behind Gary Blair and his teams, 15-20 years ago. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

LadybackBBFan

That was a great game last night.  I was really rooting for MSU and Vic.  Did you see him running up the sideline and yelling no no no no when with less than a minute to go, they were fast breaking and almost throwing the ball away with a small lead, but Bibby got fouled to bail them out of a bad situation.  It reminded me of a game that we played at I believe Auburn and India Lewis hit a three with time running out for the victory and Vic was jumping around and ended up on the floor.  He can be very animated.  I love it.