Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Studying for the ATP

Started by Flying Razorback, July 08, 2014, 06:22:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying Razorback

This is not fun!  I'm going to be sequestered in my house the rest of the week until my test on Friday morning.  I'm still far out from taking the practical, but I don't miss studying for exams one bit.  This is frustrating.  I can get a good 20 or 30 minutes in and then I go ADD and start looking at the Internet, eating, doing the dishes, playing with the dogs, checking on the tomatoes, or whatever else.

Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

john c

Hit the books hard!  You might be hauling my grandkids someday.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: john c on July 08, 2014, 09:32:10 pm
Hit the books hard!  You might be hauling my grandkids someday.

You're right about that.  There's not a lot of things I have taken seriously enough in my life, but I always have with flight training.  At the worst it's been because I knew it was my pink butt on the line if something goes wrong.  But as I've gotten older and in bigger aircraft, and eventually commercial aircraft, there are a lot more people I worry about than myself.  The rest of my crew, any passengers on board, people relying on whatever I'm bringing them, and so on.

Thanks for the perspective!  That's what I need while determining whether Hogville or studying is the best use of time right now.

bvillepig

Study hard,  good luck and then relax with the Pigs that fly. lol

Flying Razorback

98% on the written!  Now time to procrastinate the rest of the day instead of using the rest of my day off productively.

bvillepig

Great Job  and good luck on the rest of it.
Lol
I wish I could return to the days of why do today what you can put off till tomorrow. At least for a few days.  I used to get to go scuba diving in Mexico a couple times a year with my brother. I loved being on island time.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: bvillepig on July 12, 2014, 04:29:46 pm
Great Job  and good luck on the rest of it.
Lol
I wish I could return to the days of why do today what you can put off till tomorrow. At least for a few days.  I used to get to go scuba diving in Mexico a couple times a year with my brother. I loved being on island time.

I wish I had the opportunity to go to the islands on vacation more often!

I flew myself through Jamaica and the Virgin Islands a couple weeks ago and island time is not very conducive for keeping a tight flying schedule.  When you try to maximize your time on the island and min turn everything at the airport to get out on time, the locals have a way of slowing you down to their speed.  It takes forever to process customs, get gas on the plane, get checked out of the hotel, and so on. 

gotyacovered

late to the thread.... good luck my friend.
You are what you tolerate.

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: Flying Razorback on July 11, 2014, 01:49:43 pm
98% on the written!  Now time to procrastinate the rest of the day instead of using the rest of my day off productively.
I'm very late to the thread, but nice job! I took the ATP written a few weeks ago. Took a practice test the morning of, got a 96 and thought, "Hell yeah, time to whip this test's rear!"

Got an 83. Oh well, could have been worse. Most of my other buddies scored in the 70's.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung