Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Article in new issue of AOPA Pilot

Started by GusMcRae, May 23, 2014, 08:59:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GusMcRae

If you get AOPA Pilot, check out the article about women in aviation on page 58.  This is my CFI and his family that are based out of my home base that I've talked about before on here.   
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

gotyacovered

had a chance to read it over the weekend... really cool.
You are what you tolerate.

john c

Also read it.  Nice article.  Special to see people you know written up like that.

GusMcRae

That family is a very valuable resource to have around the FBO.  He was my CFI for PP, and is currently my CFII.  He is an incredible pilot with an enormous amount of hours (had over 40K a few years ago, I think he's stopped counting), I believe he can fly (and land) anything.  His wife (the brains of the family) conducted my PP checkout, and will also do my Instrument checkout when the time comes.  When we found the C-150 at Morrilton, AR, he said I couldn't afford him to go with us to check it out, so he suggested his daughter.  She accepted and I did duel cross country for the trip home.  She also travelled with me to Alabama to check out and bring home the C-182.  Flew IFR for the last leg home of that trip, night flight and we got into IMC and a little bit of rhime icing.  I also had a few duel hours with her after solo-ing, when her dad was on an extended trip and I didn't want to get rusty before he got back.  The grand daughter got her PP just before I did and she has left me behind in her propwash on her way to all of the other certifications she's achieved.  My dad has used all 4 of them for instruction. 

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

GusMcRae

And this week's AOPA Live has a video segment on the 3 generations of women aviators.

gotyacovered

Quote from: GusMcRae on May 30, 2014, 11:47:52 am
And this week's AOPA Live has a video segment on the 3 generations of women aviators.

awesome, those things are usually good, well produced, etc. if you watch post the link....
You are what you tolerate.

GusMcRae

Quote from: gotyacovered on May 30, 2014, 12:00:44 pm
awesome, those things are usually good, well produced, etc. if you watch post the link....

http://www.aopa.org/

There's not a seperate link.  Just go to AOPA's homepage and click on the AOPA Live play button.  It's the last segment.

Pistol Pete