Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rough Weather Yesterday

Started by GusMcRae, April 28, 2014, 04:35:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GusMcRae

Hope all of you folks as well as your families over in the area dodged the bullets yesterday. 
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

Flying Razorback

Thanks for looking out for everyone.  That was nasty.  I couldn't believe when the tornado popped up in Ferndale and they put the initial track on it.  It was identical to the April 2011 tornado.  It's so hard to imagine that a major tornado can take nearly the same track.

I finally saw a listing of names and ages of those killed at 3 AM when I got home from work this morning...  My heart broke.  So many from just Vilonia.  And it didn't spare anyone, young or old.  And it just sucked reading the father and two daughters that were killed.  And the two young brothers in Vilonia.  Just breaks your heart.

I flew near last night but they had TFRs up and I couldn't see anything with the NVGs.  I'm kind of glad, I probably wouldn't have wanted to see the devastation first hand.  Pictures are hard enough.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

gotyacovered

my parents are in Cabot and close, devastating.

they barely had a limb down.

You are what you tolerate.