Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cessna 210 Gear problems.....same for 182RG?

Started by GusMcRae, March 27, 2014, 01:16:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GusMcRae

I asked about this in another thread but didn't get any feedback, so I'll go another route...
In regard to Cessna 210 gear problems, it would seem that 182RG would have the same gear or very similar gear. 
Are there issues with 182RG gear too?
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

gotyacovered

gus... file this under pure speculation...

the older 210's (and by older i have no idea what years) were completely diff. the newer ones are the same, which are good as long as they have been proerly maintained. i think one way to tell a diff has something to do with the type of gear doors.

i look forward to responses as well.
You are what you tolerate.

john c

Used to you could get some good info from the Cessna Pilot Owner's Association and, possibly, your insurer.  In any event, the old saying is that there are two types of retractable gear planes.

gotyacovered

john c. brings up a good point. CPA cost $50... i had a membership at some point but let it lapse. there have been a few times i wish i would have renewed. this is one of those times bc he is spot on, great info over there.
You are what you tolerate.