Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Found Aircraft in trouble

Started by GusMcRae, February 07, 2014, 11:43:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GusMcRae

http://halls.ca/flying-expedition-aircraft-aircraft-bankrupt-receivership-closed-owners

Stumbled across this in doing a search for used Found Expeditions.

Dang - it!

Hey Gotya, has PapaGotya said anything about this deal?

It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

gotyacovered

Oh ya... We will see what happens, but he will be disappointed if it sells. As will I!
You are what you tolerate.

gotyacovered

FYI... I didn't read article, but he said they are prob gonna be bought by the Chinese... Which is better than. Othong, though!

GusMcRae

Quote from: gotyacovered on February 07, 2014, 12:14:38 pm
FYI... I didn't read article, but he said they are prob gonna be bought by the Chinese... Which is better than. Othong, though!

The link is not an article, it's just a blog of this doctor dude who owns an Expedition.  Some other people chime in and reply to his post, one of which claims he did some contract work for Found, for which he hasn't been paid.

I was sure hoping that your dad's company would be a good source for used Expeditions about the time that I might be able to afford such an upgrade (it appears to be such a badass plane).  Especially if they were willing to sell them as seemingly cheap as they were selling their used C-206s for.  If Found is out of business by then, I would have to re-think it.  I am much more comfortable owning a used plane that the manufacture is still in business and the model (even if it has a different suffix letter) I own is still being built.  However, in today's GA world, that list may keep getting shorter and shorter.
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

gotyacovered

Quote from: GusMcRae on February 10, 2014, 04:27:40 pm
The link is not an article, it's just a blog of this doctor dude who owns an Expedition.  Some other people chime in and reply to his post, one of which claims he did some contract work for Found, for which he hasn't been paid.

I was sure hoping that your dad's company would be a good source for used Expeditions about the time that I might be able to afford such an upgrade (it appears to be such a badass plane).  Especially if they were willing to sell them as seemingly cheap as they were selling their used C-206s for.  If Found is out of business by then, I would have to re-think it.  I am much more comfortable owning a used plane that the manufacture is still in business and the model (even if it has a different suffix letter) I own is still being built.  However, in today's GA world, that list may keep getting shorter and shorter.

for sure, there is one that has been there for a long time and i am glad i own one!