Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

gotya's back

Started by gotyacovered, November 19, 2013, 04:48:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gotyacovered

sorry for my absence. just had an insane amount of stuff going on... all (or mostly) good, no worries.

im back and have another 206 in my life.

2005H Stationair
G1000
AC

shes a beaut.

i have 2.5 month to come up with the money or find 3 partners.

unless i hit the lottery or insurance rates increase by about 65% i need partners...

interesting aside, the other 206 i was talking about a month or so ago was sold for $220k to south america... the broker took it on a trade for around $150k, ended up with about $165k in it total, including a $1000 detail wash and wax and the delivery and a new N number.

one of the first times i was right about something, over my pops, av related. i told him we should be buying these 206's (there were 7 of them) and selling them ourselves. the compnay wold have sold them to him for trade in. he didnt think the headache would be worth it. old grouch  ;D
You are what you tolerate.

GusMcRae

I know it's the wrong time of the year, but I was beginning to think you gave up WPF for lent or something. 

Good luck on the 206 acquisition.

When you posted that first 206 that your dad's company was selling way back when, I was trying to talk my CFI into going in with me to do that very thing.  It just sounded way too cheap for what similar 206's  were selling for on TaP and Controller. 
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

Flying Razorback

What are the speed and altitude limits on a 206 like that?  What kind of legs does it have on it?
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

gotyacovered

Quote from: GusMcRae on November 20, 2013, 10:49:19 am
I know it's the wrong time of the year, but I was beginning to think you gave up WPF for lent or something. 

Good luck on the 206 acquisition.

When you posted that first 206 that your dad's company was selling way back when, I was trying to talk my CFI into going in with me to do that very thing.  It just sounded way too cheap for what similar 206's  were selling for on TaP and Controller. 

they are a lot cheaper, remember they have double the hours of any other 206's out there, this one is just under 6000tt. 620 on the engine.

thanks, need lotsa luck! ;D

gotyacovered

November 20, 2013, 01:52:32 pm #4 Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 01:41:27 pm by gotyacovered
Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on November 20, 2013, 10:59:02 am
What are the speed and altitude limits on a 206 like that? 

it cruises in the 145kt range... think the ceiling is like 20k. its the non-turbo variety with a IO540. its basically a 182 with 10-12 kts more speed and 500 more lbs payload. oh and two more seats. (and this one has glass and air conditioning... at a 170lb cost)

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on November 20, 2013, 10:59:02 am
What are the speed and altitude limits on a 206 like that?  What kind of legs does it have on it?

the ones that hang out all the time ;D i think its going to be the best, affordable 6 seater, for me. #2 would be a Cherokee 6.

gotyacovered

you guys will not believe this. the funds for the new plane (the company that is trading the in 'my' 206) are being held up indefinitely. dad thinks it'll be just until after the first of the year. but... dang. it.

you fellas that work for big corporations, man, dont know how you do it. frustrating.

could be a positive, i have more time. also... if you guys know of anyone looking for a plane like this out right i wouldn't mind selling it if i cant put together a partner deal for myself.

posting it on here is a curse.  ;D

GusMcRae

Quote from: gotyacovered on November 21, 2013, 01:46:02 pm
you guys will not believe this. the funds for the new plane (the company that is trading the in 'my' 206) are being held up indefinitely. dad thinks it'll be just until after the first of the year. but... dang. it.

you fellas that work for big corporations, man, dont know how you do it. frustrating.

could be a positive, i have more time. also... if you guys know of anyone looking for a plane like this out right i wouldn't mind selling it if i cant put together a partner deal for myself.

posting it on here is a curse.  ;D

More time for you was the first thing that came to mind when I read this.

Are they getting another Found Expedition?

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

gotyacovered

Quote from: GusMcRae on November 21, 2013, 03:41:08 pm
More time for you was the first thing that came to mind when I read this.

Are they getting another Found Expedition?

ya... they ordered one and Found couldnt get it delivered from the factory in the right time frames... so they reallocated the funds. another used (75TT) became available and they added the avionics pkg/upgrades (dual 750's, new ap, ac, new paint, new n#) and dad got the funds, gave the ok to the factory to start the install of new equipment and then got word today that he no longer had the funds. so goes life.

you should hear what the broker has to say. my dad feels really bad.

GusMcRae

Quote from: gotyacovered on November 21, 2013, 04:55:54 pm
ya... they ordered one and Found couldnt get it delivered from the factory in the right time frames... so they reallocated the funds. another used (75TT) became available and they added the avionics pkg/upgrades (dual 750's, new ap, ac, new paint, new n#) and dad got the funds, gave the ok to the factory to start the install of new equipment and then got word today that he no longer had the funds. so goes life.

you should hear what the broker has to say. my dad feels really bad.

Yikes! I bet that does put him in a bad spot.

gotyacovered

update: hanging around out there in never never land.