Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shots fired

Started by BannerMountainMan, March 15, 2018, 01:27:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cotton

BACK ON TOPIC GAFFORD BOUT TO TWO HAND PUNCH ONE ON KELAN MARTIN AND TEABAG HIS COCKY A$$!!!! GAME DAY BOYS LETS GOOOOOOOOOO
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 15, 2018, 02:39:30 pm
Probably just answering a question honestly.  A player in Indiana at a Big East program had never heard of a freshman who is the 3rd best player on the T4th(6th) place team in the SEC.  Real bulletin board material.   ::)
3rd best player? AYSM??? He is a first round pick at an age when macon and barford werent even the best players on their JUNIOR COLLEGE teams yet....

ANY fan should know who Daniel friggin Gafford is. Most people do.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Shorttimer

Say my name.  Say my name!

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: azhog10 on March 15, 2018, 04:45:04 pm
Millenials parents are easily offended. Any issues with "today's" kids are directly proportional to their parents.

Sorry, I just see these statements all the time and it originates from home. Parents are way worse.

This is really what it is. The Boomers utterly destroyed this nation. Is it any surprise that their kids are screwed up?

Atlhogfan1

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/ncaab/2018/03/15/stephen-f-austin-coach-kyle-keller-millennials/430964002/

"...the Millennials today, they don't even watch college basketball,'' he said Thursday night after Stephen F. Austin lost to Texas Tech in the first round of the NCAA tournament. "A lot of our guys didn't even know who those cats (Texas Tech players) were because they don't watch the game. They're on their phone and doing that kind of stuff.

"I hate to say it, but as much as you or I or anybody in here watches the games, they don't. Or the NBA. They might watch the slam-dunk contest in February on TNT or whatever, but that's about the extent of it."
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Soooie21

Trash talking, part of the game..

razorback1829

Kid was just being honest. I doubt he ever tuned into a Hog game this year.

systemroot

FineAsSwine

Quote from: razorback1829 on March 16, 2018, 10:14:31 am

What the kid really meant doesn't matter. Create bogeymen out of thin air or whatever you need to do to motivate. All is fair in love, war and basketball, especially in March.

Cotton

Quote from: razorback1829 on March 16, 2018, 10:14:31 am
He should've been handed a scouting report Monday afternoon and watched film on him for two days...
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Pancetta

Well I hope that our players don't need some fake motivation to get up for playing in the NCAAT.  I bet our players didn't know a single Butler player unless they played against them in AAU. 
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

razorchick73

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 15, 2018, 03:00:29 pm
True.  And millenials are easily offended.  Whatever is needed to motivate.

This!!!

hawgball40

Watch the video on wholehogsports youtube account. The question before this, the reporter asked about Gafford and they all 3 mentioned what a great player he was. Turns out this quote is taken out of context(no surprise). he basically stated he hadn't heard about daniel until they scouted him. Both Kelan Martin and Kamar Jackson were very respectful overall. It was the guy on the end, Tyler Wideman who was disrespectful as Frank to every arkansas reporter, and just rude in general. He was staring down bob so hard bob stuttered multiple times.(then again, bob does ask some cringey questions)

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Pancetta on March 16, 2018, 10:45:51 am
Well I hope that our players don't need some fake motivation to get up for playing in the NCAAT.  I bet our players didn't know a single Butler player unless they played against them in AAU. 

Getting a mental and emotional edge in college sports is very important.  Momentum is based on emotion.  Playing with fire and entensity is emotion.  A coach pushing the right buttons to get their players to play harder, to keep their head in the game, to stay focused are all important things.

This is something a coach can use.

That old saying, "This team just wanted it more" is the reason that sometimes the less talented team wins.  Why would a team want it more?  Because someone got in their head and got them to play with passion.  Until we sit around watching robots play, emotion is going to be part of the game.
Retired Radio Host

sadhogfan

After today, he likely still will not know who Gafford is.

Hawg2afault

After that wonderful performance, he still doesn't know who he is.  Pathetic...