Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What a rip off

Started by jbigs77, March 03, 2018, 08:51:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

99toLife

Quote from: Uberanubis on March 04, 2018, 11:37:37 am
the post was fine the quote was wrong. they are just a few reasons i have a hard time seeing more then 5-6 pulled from the sec.

Two weeks ago the Experts were saying the SEC may get 10 Teams in. NO way the NCAAT committee would allow that to happen, to hard to place those 10 in Brackets without Sec Teams playing each of in the second round.

The SEC is a better conference now than in the past because of the upgrade in Coaches through out the league.

99toLife

Quote from: farfromgroovins on March 04, 2018, 11:39:43 am
How many teams?
It depends on what happens in ALL of the conference tournaments. Upset happens and then the selection committee is left deciding who to leave out and I think the number of teams from a conference come into play. There will be arguments, as there are every year, about why certain bubble teams didn't make it.

I think 6 for sure but no more than 7. If there are 8 SEC teams then there were no upsets in many of the conference tournaments meaning at-large bids were not used to get top-30 (ish) teams into the Big Dance.

Basically only if a bubble teams does extremely well they may knock out another bubble team that tanked in their conference tourney. These conference Tournaments mean very little as far as going to the NCAAT. Other than the Auto bids.

BannerMountainMan

Arkansas is projected as a 7 seed, higher than Missouri, A&M, Alabama, and Miss st, so if Arkansas doesn't make it in then all these teams won't, so don't be saying Arkansas might find themselves out of the tourney
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

99toLife

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 04, 2018, 11:47:00 am
Arkansas is projected as a 7 seed, higher than Missouri, A&M, Alabama, and Miss st, so if Arkansas doesn't make it in then all these teams won't, so don't be saying Arkansas might find themselves out of the tourney

Not many are worried.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: 99toLife on March 04, 2018, 11:48:04 am
Not many are worried.
just uber boy, but he doesn't want Arkansas in the tourney.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Uberanubis

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 04, 2018, 11:47:00 am
i have seen Arkansas predicted as a higher seed before to only be ranked much lower. again when i comes to the committee they do what they want.

Missouri is the one team you listed that might sneak in ahead of us because technically they finished higher then us in conference by getting the 5th seed.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

Uberanubis

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 04, 2018, 11:50:33 am
just uber boy, but he doesn't want Arkansas in the tourney.

at no time did i ever say that sir. if we get 6 Arkansas should be in. probably at a much lower seed then most expect but in none the less

my comments have nothing to do with not wanting arkansas in. mine is a concern for the corruption that is the ncaa. which affects arkansas and keeping them out.
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

HogsonHicks

Hogs are an NCAA lock.  I hope they get at least one SEC tourney win to reach that 7-seed.  Would be interesting to see what two wins (second vs. Florida in round 2) would do.  Do any of you believe a 6-seed is a remote possibility? 

99toLife

Quote from: Uberanubis on March 04, 2018, 11:53:25 am
i have seen Arkansas predicted as a higher seed before to only be ranked much lower. again when i comes to the committee they do what they want.

Missouri is the one team you listed that might sneak in ahead of us because technically they finished higher then us in conference by getting the 5th seed.

Almost every team in the country can say that from year to year. There is no National hate for Arkansas by the committee. It's entertainment, if they get down to the last two teams and both have almost every stat equal and one goes and one goes home.  They will probably pick the one that is more exciting to watch.. It's entertainment and your talking about the wanna be's when it comes to last in.

99toLife

Quote from: HogsonHicks on March 04, 2018, 11:59:30 am
Hogs are an NCAA lock.  I hope they get at least one SEC tourney win to reach that 7-seed.  Would be interesting to see what two wins (second vs. Florida in round 2) would do.  Do any of you believe a 6-seed is a remote possibility?

I think 2 wins in the SECT would lock them in at 7 and keep them from being bumped to an 8 no matter what other teams do. I think to get to #6 would take winning the SECT.

Uberanubis

Quote from: 99toLife on March 04, 2018, 12:00:10 pm
Almost every team in the country can say that from year to year. There is no National hate for Arkansas by the committee. It's entertainment, if they get down to the last two teams and both have almost every stat equal and one goes and one goes home.  They will probably pick the one that is more exciting to watch.. It's entertainment and your talking about the wanna be's when it comes to last in.

yup entertainment that draws major money. and if one team gets bumped because another will draw more money, you can bet that will probably happen.

99toLife

Quote from: Uberanubis on March 04, 2018, 12:03:22 pm
yup entertainment that draws major money. and if one team gets bumped because another will draw more money, you can bet that will probably happen.

Sure will at the bottom of the barrel.. The Hogs are Nowhere near that.

rhames

Quote from: Uberanubis on March 04, 2018, 11:53:25 am

Seeds don't equate to "rankings" which by that I'm assuming you mean the AP top 25

What's MiZZ's RPi, quad 1 wins, BPI compared fo Arkansas? Those will matter way more than how the SEC tournament was seeded.

Arkansas is most likely a high 7 possibly a low 6 no matter what happens this week.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

99toLife

Quote from: rhames on March 04, 2018, 12:32:43 pm

Seeds don't equate to "rankings" which by that I'm assuming you mean the AP top 25

What's MiZZ's RPi, quad 1 wins, BPI compared fo Arkansas? Those will matter way more than how the SEC tournament was seeded.

Arkansas is most likely a high 7 possibly a low 6 no matter what happens this week.

Correct, but many don't understand the difference. 

Uberanubis

Quote from: rhames on March 04, 2018, 12:32:43 pm

semantics. yes its a seeding not a ranking.

rhames

Quote from: Uberanubis on March 04, 2018, 12:37:29 pm

But it's not semantics lol.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

99toLife

Quote from: Uberanubis on March 04, 2018, 12:37:29 pm

Honesty if someone thinks the Hogs should be a 6 seed and we end up and 8 seed what's the big deal. we still have to beat 4 teams to get to the final four. Who cares about one win or maybe two.

rhames

Quote from: 99toLife on March 04, 2018, 12:42:42 pm
Honesty if someone thinks the Hogs should be a 6 seed and we end up and 8 seed what's the big deal. we still have to beat 4 teams to get to the final four. Who cares about one win or maybe two.

I feel the same way.  I also think this year is going to be crazy. It's wide open. 

BannerMountainMan

a lot because everybody complains the MA can't make it to the sweet sixteen at Arkansas.

rhames

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 04, 2018, 12:44:33 pm
a lot because everybody complains the MA can't make it to the sweet sixteen at Arkansas.

Everybody?

mizzouman

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: mykidsdad on March 04, 2018, 10:19:31 am
You are on dope. We should have shot at least 20 more free throws. Call it even we win, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Otherwise you are just another Missouri TROLL.

Fact of the matter is that they called it tight on the Missouri end and not on the Arkansas end. One way vision leads to excessive free throws. That and the 247 steps your players were allowed to take because they will little. I guess if you take small enough steps you don't have to dribble any more. Will need to look up that new rule change.

He is a dope..Why is a guy who is not an Arkansas fan on this site? Tells you he is just weird. He asked if Gafford was stout and what is that going to prove. He got called for his 3rd foul when the Missouri guy elbowed him in the face. Missoupiman should be banned..

RedBird5

Quote from: mizzouman on March 04, 2018, 10:13:11 am
Gave them a lot. Shot more FT because we were more aggressive. Should have been more.

Please just go look at the difference of fouls called across the board for the home teams in the SEC.  There can always be "more" called.  It's the fact that the home team, absolutely including us too, gets so many more calls and there is a discrepancy between them.  Its also that the same teams don't play that differently on the road and yet at home teams get so many calls.  It's not due to being more "aggressive" no matter how much you'd like to convince yourself.  Hell, name another sport where the definition of a foul changes depending on when in the game they are called.  Consistently is all we ask. Again, we benefit at home too

Uberanubis

Quote from: rhames on March 04, 2018, 12:40:30 pm

But it's not semantics lol.

sure it is. a seeding is still a type of ranking.

AFWarrior83

Missouri got away with more fouls, but Arkansas got away with some as well. That's what happens when you are the home/away team. We can still get to a 4-5 seed if we show out in the SECT. We're probably sitting at 6-7 seed right now.
Hogville member since 2005.

Dr. Starcs

rhames

Quote from: Uberanubis on March 04, 2018, 01:18:49 pm
sure it is. a seeding is still a type of ranking.

Not entirely. Look at the play in games.

I get it, you don't want to get your hopes up about the hogs even making it. That's fine. You're just wrong. They are in.

Also your argument was that you've seen teams "ranked" at times but then have a lower seeding.

mizzouman

Uberanubis

Quote from: rhames on March 04, 2018, 01:28:34 pm

Not entirely. Look at the play in games.

I get it, you don't want to get your hopes up about the hogs even making it. That's fine. You're just wrong. They are in.

Also your argument was that you've seen teams "ranked" at times but then have a lower seeding.

actually i said Arkansas was predicted as a higher seeding to only be ranked lower.

in that i still meant seeded not ranked. since i predicated seeding first.

rhames

Quote from: Uberanubis on March 04, 2018, 01:50:52 pm
actually i said Arkansas was predicted as a higher seeding to only be ranked lower.

in that i still meant seeded not ranked. since i predicated seeding first.

I got ya.

rude1

When you haven't been to the sweet 16 in over 20 years, I think there's  a world of difference in the perception of the season if we get two wins vs one or none.

BannerMountainMan

https://twitter.com/jobro8715/status/970108817810886657  They were walking like this ALL night, and if we barely move our pivot foot they would call anything on us

maxhog5

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 04, 2018, 03:55:31 pm
https://twitter.com/jobro8715/status/970108817810886657  They were walking like this ALL night, and if we barely move our pivot foot they would call anything on us

You still whining?   Mountain Man, my ass, just little whining baby.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: maxhog5 on March 04, 2018, 04:43:52 pm
You still whining?   Mountain Man, my ass, just little whining baby.
call what's actually a walk and maybe nobody will whine

mizzouman

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 04, 2018, 03:55:31 pm
WOW. Really!  For ever one of those for Mizzou I can show 2 for Arkansas. That's weak.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: mizzouman on March 04, 2018, 10:05:45 am
They sure did give Gafford the benefit of the doubt. Tremendous player but that flop was comical. If it was legit then he has a lot of work to to.

Ok end of thread, that statement says you don't know anything about basketball.

mykidsdad

Quote from: mizzouman on March 04, 2018, 05:23:40 pm
WOW. Really!  For ever one of those for Mizzou I can show 2 for Arkansas. That’s weak.

Bull crap. I have $100 that says you cant. You are wrong and you know it. We were screwed and you know that as well. You can either admit it or not, but dont even act like you can back up anything that you spout off because that is IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

I can however back up multiple muggings from your guys that were not called as well as multiple walks (not even counting that one). You all did it all night and were not called while we were. You are TROLL and are once again WRONG!

mizzouman

Quote from: mykidsdad on March 04, 2018, 06:09:07 pm
Bull crap. I have $100 that says you cant. You are wrong and you know it. We were screwed and you know that as well. You can either admit it or not, but dont even act like you can back up anything that you spout off because that is IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

I can however back up multiple muggings from your guys that were not called as well as multiple walks (not even counting that one). You all did it all night and were not called while we were. You are TROLL and are once again WRONG!

Ok. Hope you feel better. Have a great Sunday. Remember, it's the Lords day. Let's us rejoice and be glad.

mykidsdad

Quote from: mizzouman on March 04, 2018, 06:25:09 pm
Ok. Hope you feel better. Have a great Sunday. Remember, it’s the Lords day. Let’s us rejoice and be glad.

I agree. I feel better that I pointed an obvious false hood by a TROLL. Someone that feels the need to get on an OPPONENTS board because he has such low self esteem. Yes I do feel better.

I hope you have a wonderful day.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: mykidsdad on March 04, 2018, 06:09:07 pm

ok I wouldn't go that far

mizzouman

Quote from: mykidsdad on March 04, 2018, 06:29:28 pm
I agree. I feel better that I pointed an obvious false hood by a TROLL. Someone that feels the need to get on an OPPONENTS board because he has such low self esteem. Yes I do feel better.

You too. God Bless.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: mykidsdad on March 04, 2018, 06:29:28 pm

Yes sir! Don't have any idea why he is on this site?? Weird.

code red

Quote from: mizzouman on March 04, 2018, 10:05:45 am
They sure did give Gafford the benefit of the doubt. Tremendous player but that flop was comical. If it was legit then he has a lot of work to to.
No offense but shut up..... Gafford is a lottery pick right now.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Randohoggie

mizzouman is garbage.  A total [CENSORED].  Always has been.

mizzouman

Quote from: code red on March 04, 2018, 08:02:22 pm
He is a good talent.

jbigs77

Seeding and location matters. We would have been in the 16 last year of not for a crap seed and location and another rip off like Saturday.

99toLife

Quote from: code red on March 04, 2018, 08:02:22 pm

Aren't there only 3 lottery picks in the NBA? No way Gafford is projected in the top 3.

steveaustin69

Quote from: 99toLife on March 05, 2018, 08:26:54 am
Aren't there only 3 lottery picks in the NBA? No way Gafford is projected in the top 3.

The lottery is the top 14 picks.........reserved for teams that didn't make the playoffs.............wow.

99toLife

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 05, 2018, 08:53:03 am
The lottery is the top 14 picks.........reserved for teams that didn't make the playoffs.............wow.

I believe the 14 teams that don't make the playoffs enter the lottery to determine the top three picks, #4 on down reverts to Teams records and goes back to the Normal draft.

If I'm wrong then someone correct me.

steveaustin69

Quote from: 99toLife on March 05, 2018, 09:04:16 am
I believe the 14 teams that don't make the playoffs enter the lottery to determine the top three picks, #4 on down reverts to Teams records and goes back to the Normal draft.

If I'm wrong then someone correct me.

"The term 'lottery pick' denotes a draft pick whose position is determined through the lottery, while the non-playoff teams involved in the process are often called 'lottery teams.'"

Picks 4-14 often change based on who "wins" the lottery and gets a top 3 pick, hence the term "lottery pick."

Again, wow.