Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What a rip off

Started by jbigs77, March 03, 2018, 08:51:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbigs77

We drive, penetrate no foul. They push and shove, Arkansas foul. Makes me sick. College games are so rigged now days.

lynbug

My favorite was when we got 3 fouls under their basket in about 10 seconds.  One was called on us while Trey was being elbowed in the chest.

raz1965

The officials set the tone of the game, no doubt in my mind about that.  The hogs played against two opponents an stayed in the game to the end, which I thought spoke well of the hogs.

The Hogfather

Quote from: jbigs77 on March 03, 2018, 08:51:22 pm
We drive, penetrate no foul. They push and shove, Arkansas foul. Makes me sick. College games are so rigged now days.

Trying to get Missouri in the NCAAT. 

Corkscrew Johnson

You know it's bad when the announcer said "yeah there were two separate fouls on macon's drive that weren't called".  And then he repeated it a few minutes later on the replay.  Very rare for an announcer to opine on officiating.

raz1965

Mizzo needed this game to ensure 7 SEC teams made the NCAA tourney, doubt the SEC office is upset with the officials

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on March 04, 2018, 09:22:28 am
You know it's bad when the announcer said "yeah there were two separate fouls on macon's drive that weren't called".  And then he repeated it a few minutes later on the replay.  Very rare for an announcer to opine on officiating.

And we have idiots on here that didn't or didn't want to see that! SMH..

mizzouman

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on March 04, 2018, 09:22:28 am
You seem to conveniently forget the announcers said the same thing about fouls Arkansas committed that were not called. So, just like we all want refs to be consistent, we as fans should be as well when it comes to this.

AlmaHog2011

Two biggest calls in this game that changed the entire game. The second foul on Gafford that sent him to the bench in the first half and the 3rd foul called for the Missouri big man hitting him in the face with his elbow that benched him in the second half for 10 minutes.

He had just scored twice and was rolling. The ignorance of posters that can't spell basketball is amazing.

mizzouman

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on March 04, 2018, 09:35:07 am
Two biggest calls in this game that changed the entire game. The second foul on Gafford that sent him to the bench in the first half and the 3rd foul called for the Missouri big man hitting him in the face with his elbow that benched him in the second half for 10 minutes.

He had just scored twice and was rolling. The ignorance of posters that can't spell basketball is amazing.
Is Gafford a weak dude physically or a pretty stout player? 

FineAsSwine

Quote from: mizzouman on March 04, 2018, 09:45:45 am
Is Gafford a weak dude physically or a pretty stout player?

Is this a trick question?
Hogs up! Covid down!

mizzouman

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 04, 2018, 09:49:31 am
Is this a trick question?
Seriously. Can he hold his own in the paint?

99toLife

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 04, 2018, 09:19:36 am

Why would they do that? It's not like they are blue blood draw for the Tournament.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: mizzouman on March 04, 2018, 09:51:45 am
Seriously. Can he hold his own in the paint?

He needs to get stronger. But the refs still sucked balls yesterday.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: 99toLife on March 04, 2018, 09:55:10 am
Why would they do that? It's not like they are blue blood draw for the Tournament.

Micheal Porter Jr

mizzouman

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 04, 2018, 10:03:47 am
He needs to get stronger. But the refs still sucked balls yesterday.
They sure did give Gafford the benefit of the doubt. Tremendous player but that flop was comical. If it was legit then he has a lot of work to to.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: mizzouman on March 04, 2018, 10:05:45 am
They sure did give Gafford the benefit of the doubt. Tremendous player but that flop was comical. If it was legit then he has a lot of work to to.

They didn't give the Hogs much of anything. Be glad your team shot 18 more free throws.

99toLife

mizzouman

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 04, 2018, 10:07:34 am
They didn't give the Hogs much of anything. Be glad your team shot 18 more free throws.
Gave them a lot. Shot more FT because we were more aggressive. Should have been more.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: mizzouman on March 04, 2018, 10:13:11 am
Gave them a lot. Shot more FT because we were more aggressive. Should have been more.

Got any data to back that up?

HognotinMemphis

The Miss St game, the KY game, and the Mizzou game. Probably some others in which the opponent shot 2 to 3x as many FT's as the Hogs did and out rebounded the Hogs by 50% or more.

I assume if it happens so regularly, it's not them. It is us. Anderson needs to adjust. If he cannot and 10-8 is going to be his average record in the SEC, fans should get used to it.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: 99toLife on March 04, 2018, 10:12:34 am
You can't be serious.

Nothing would surprise me about the sec

mykidsdad

Quote from: mizzouman on March 04, 2018, 10:13:11 am

You are on dope. We should have shot at least 20 more free throws. Call it even we win, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Otherwise you are just another Missouri TROLL.

Fact of the matter is that they called it tight on the Missouri end and not on the Arkansas end. One way vision leads to excessive free throws. That and the 247 steps your players were allowed to take because they will little. I guess if you take small enough steps you don't have to dribble any more. Will need to look up that new rule change.

99toLife

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 04, 2018, 10:07:34 am
They didn’t give the Hogs much of anything. Be glad your team shot 18 more free throws.
Go to ESPN and look at the shots both teams attempted, Mizzou's are 3-Point line or in the paint, Arkansas threw up shots from all over the place.

Work the paint and your opponent will foul more.

Uberanubis

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 04, 2018, 09:19:36 am

they may have done it while keeping us out. i guess it all depends on how many they take form the sec but i dont see them taking more then 5 hoping im wrong
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Uberanubis on March 04, 2018, 10:26:44 am
they may have done it while keeping us out. i guess it all depends on how many they take form the sec but i dont see them taking more then 5 hoping im wrong
Hater. More than 5 SEC teams will get in.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

99toLife

Quote from: Uberanubis on March 04, 2018, 10:26:44 am

Both were already in and we will probably have 8 teams in the NCAAT

Uberanubis

Quote from: 99toLife on March 04, 2018, 10:29:31 am
Both were already in and we will probably have 8 teams in the NCAAT

has the sec ever had 8 teams in the ncaa?

is the sec considered a basketball conference now?

money will will rule the day on this. so i dont see 8 getting in. so the question is, how many do they take?
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Uberanubis on March 04, 2018, 10:39:22 am

money will will rule the day on this. so i dont see 8 getting in. so the question is, how many do they take?
have you not paid attention to SEC this year? They beat the Big 12, they have already said 8 teams are getting in, have you not watched anything this year or have  you just started paying attention now???
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

99toLife

Quote from: Uberanubis on March 04, 2018, 10:39:22 am

The most teams the SEC has sent to the NCATT is 6.   I believe.

80% of the the Big 12 teams as of now are projected to make the NCAAT.

Of course things can change.

Uberanubis

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 04, 2018, 10:41:20 am
have you not paid attention to SEC this year? They beat the Big 12, they have already said 8 teams are getting in, have you not watched anything this year or have  you just started paying attention now???

nope i just dont believe "experts" they are wrong all the time. and ok we beat the big 12, did we beat the acc or the big 10?

there are still games left to play and see who plays for their life and gets in to the ncaa that wasn't supposed to be there. teams can be removed very easily still.

99toLife

Quote from: Uberanubis on March 04, 2018, 10:47:52 am
nope i just dont believe "experts" they are wrong all the time. and ok we beat the big 12, did we beat the acc or the big 10?

there are still games left to play and see who plays for their life and gets in to the ncaa that wasn't supposed to be there. teams can be removed very easily still.

Okay then, now we know your logic train. 

Uberanubis

Quote from: 99toLife on March 04, 2018, 10:43:11 am
The most teams the SEC has sent to the NCATT is 6.   I believe.

80% of the the Big 12 teams as of now are projected to make the NCAAT.

Of course things can change.

5-6 teams is what i see. so it wouldn't surprise me if they only took 5 and Arkansas was left holding the bag. so unless we do some damage in the sect i still don't feel comfortable being a 'LOCK'.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Uberanubis on March 04, 2018, 10:52:59 am
5-6 teams is what i see. so it wouldn't surprise me if they only took 5 and Arkansas was left holding the bag. so unless we do some damage in the sect i still don't feel comfortable being a 'LOCK'.
what 😂😂😂😂
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

99toLife

Okay, you're the only person on the planet out of the many many people that cover this everyday for a living that has predicted any scenario close to how you see it.

DON"T EVER GO TO VEGAS.   ;) 

Uberanubis

http://www.nydailynews.com/amp/sports/college/talking-heads-won-mention-tv-s-role-ncaa-madness-article-1.3852816

i guess im to much of a conspiracy theorist for my own good some times, but when i read thing like this, i tend to hold my breath until the curtain falls and i see what has been feed to me.

rude1

Bless your heart, this college basketball thingy must be new to you. I am less than satisfied with the product on the floor but this is the most ridiculous post in a long time if not ever.

99toLife

Quote from: Uberanubis on March 04, 2018, 10:59:07 am
http://www.nydailynews.com/amp/sports/college/talking-heads-won-mention-tv-s-role-ncaa-madness-article-1.3852816

i guess im to much of a conspiracy theorist for my own good some times, but when i read thing like this, i tend to hold my breath until the curtain falls and i see what has been feed to me.

Good luck are you starting now?  in your wisom what 5 SEC teams will get in ? According to your methodolgy of course, not those ignorant experts.

RazorSax

There will be a minimum of 7 SEC teams in the dance, and a good chance of 8.

Uberanubis, you're wrong, and only sounding more ridiculous with each post. Just walk away from this one.

The Hogfather

Quote from: 99toLife on March 04, 2018, 09:55:10 am

Doesn't matter.  The more SEC teams in, the better.

Uberanubis

Quote from: 99toLife on March 04, 2018, 11:02:14 am
Good luck are you starting now?  in your wisom what 5 SEC teams will get in ? According to your methodolgy of course, not those ignorant experts.

i have no idea who is going to be taken if its only 5. and it very well could be 8. i just personally don't think so. i hope im wrong and the experts are right this year.

99toLife

Quote from: Uberanubis on March 04, 2018, 11:14:35 am
i have no idea who is going to be taken if its only 5. and it very well could be 8. i just personally don't think so. i hope im wrong and the experts are right this year.

My question is why do you think it may only be five, a gut feeling, tarot cards, pile of sticks? Not trying to pick a fight, just curious from your post

Uberanubis

what i find funny is how the original post is talking about how games are rigged and most of you believe this to be true but cant fathom that the tourney is rigged also.

but if there is a lot of money flowing in vagas then the money will flow in tv revenue to watch the sec.

so we shall see. i can eat my crow straight up if im wrong.

99toLife

Quote from: Uberanubis on March 04, 2018, 11:22:26 am
what i find funny is how the original post is talking about how games are rigged and most of you believe this to be true but cant fathom that the tourney is rigged also.

but if there is a lot of money flowing in vagas then the money will flow in tv revenue to watch the sec.

so we shall see. i can eat my crow straight up if im wrong.

I don't think games are rigged. And the NCAAT is an invitation to play. They don't have to take an undefeated team or anybody they don't want for that matter. Of Course that would be STUPID.

BannerMountainMan

I just don't know how Arkansas keeps shooting better than these other teams but they shoot like 40 FT's to our 15. And you can clearly see our guys driving to the basket and getting hammered!!

99toLife

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 04, 2018, 11:31:02 am
I just don't know how Arkansas keeps shooting better than these other teams but they shoot like 40 FT's to our 15. And you can clearly see our guys driving to the basket and getting hammered!!

I guess because all the Refs are always against Arkansas all the time.  go figure.

Uberanubis

99toLife

Quote from: Uberanubis on March 04, 2018, 11:33:27 am
nm

I read your post, probably a good pull back. Happens to the best of us.

Uberanubis

Quote from: 99toLife on March 04, 2018, 11:35:36 am
I read your post, probably a good pull back. Happens to the best of us.

the post was fine the quote was wrong. they are just a few reasons i have a hard time seeing more then 5-6 pulled from the sec.

farfromgroovins

How many teams?
It depends on what happens in ALL of the conference tournaments. Upset happens and then the selection committee is left deciding who to leave out and I think the number of teams from a conference come into play. There will be arguments, as there are every year, about why certain bubble teams didn't make it.

I think 6 for sure but no more than 7. If there are 8 SEC teams then there were no upsets in many of the conference tournaments meaning at-large bids were not used to get top-30 (ish) teams into the Big Dance.