Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just joined a new gym today after taking a year off

Started by BigSexyHog, July 18, 2013, 12:11:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSexyHog

and I thought I was motivated to go but I am not going like I need to... This has to change.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

ldfergu

Its up to you bro, nerds on a message board aren't gonna get you there  :razorback: ::hornsdown::

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: ldfergu on July 19, 2013, 10:28:05 pm
Its up to you bro, nerds on a message board aren't gonna get you there  :razorback: ::hornsdown::

I'm no nerd!!!!!

I might be a geek but I'm no freaking nerd.  ;D

To BigSexy find something you enjoy that's active. Whether that be riding a mountain bike, swimming, playing racquetball, etc. and start there.

If you like playing golf do that but walk it rather than using a cart. Just find something that you remotely like and use it to get you into being more active then go from there.

I'll give you an example my dad has hating working out or the gym as long as I've known him and at one point he got up to 265 lb. at 5'9 and was diagnosed with type two diabetes. I had been telling him for years to get active but he never would but finally he started listening.

I told him to find something he enjoyed, something he could be competitive at if only with himself since he's always had a competitive streak. So he did he found he really enjoyed mountain biking and started doing it religiously.

He's now down to 200lb. and no longer diabetic and in great shape and the funny thing is he's actually started lifting weights too. I never thought I'd see him in a gym but after getting active riding his bike he found the motivation to try other stuff to like going to the gym and he's kept the weight off for the last 5 years.

Anyway just find something active that you like and see where it takes you. 

Good luck!
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Ragnar Hogbrok

Just go.  Once you get a routine and go for about two weeks, it will be a habit and you'll hate missing a workout.

Find something to motivate yourself.  Take a picture of yourself in the mirror and look at it (don't post it here or anywhere, duh!).  Whatever it takes, just go.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

twistitup

Put it in your schedule and keep it there. If the gym is not on the schedule , it won't happen regularly
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....