Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warrior Dash/Conquering The Gauntlet

Started by Tai_Mai_Shu, June 10, 2013, 04:08:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tai_Mai_Shu

What's the best way to train for these events?  I'm doing the Gauntlet in September and could use some advice.

clutch

I've never really thought the Warrior Dash was that bad. It's pretty much just a regular run that you get muddy on. It's no Tough Mudder or anything.

Are you starting running from scratch or have you been running long? If you haven't, they quickest way I've always been able to get into running shape was doing intervals. Works a lot faster than just running at a slower constant rate.

Tripod1

Have no advice but I assume the Achjilles is doing great.  I'm back running myself but not even thinking bout a long race.  I would suggest strength training as well as the. Running. Bet t hat race challenges the total body.  Good luck.

Guinness Snout

I training for the samething.  I just hope I can be in shape by then.  I'm pretty much starting from scratch.  I've been riding about 4-5 miles on my bike then I do 4-5 sets of push-ups, pullups(modified) its a weak area, dips, box jumps and monkey bars.  Then I finish off with levee sprints.                                                                      Today was a little different.  I did the bike ride, pullups and pushups, but I threw in some other things.  I filled my sons wagon up with blocks and attached a heavy rope '50 and did hand over hand pull up hill 3x's, then carried 2 5gal jugs of oil about 50yrds, then rope work like they do on the biggest loser (I can't think what it's called) finished off with jog-sprint-walk combo.                            Next month I plan on starting Rushfit but keep on doing some of my current workout along with more distance running.

clutch

Quote from: Guinness Snout on June 10, 2013, 10:00:06 pm
I training for the samething.  I just hope I can be in shape by then.  I'm pretty much starting from scratch.  I've been riding about 4-5 miles on my bike then I do 4-5 sets of push-ups, pullups(modified) its a weak area, dips, box jumps and monkey bars.  Then I finish off with levee sprints.                                                                      Today was a little different.  I did the bike ride, pullups and pushups, but I threw in some other things.  I filled my sons wagon up with blocks and attached a heavy rope '50 and did hand over hand pull up hill 3x's, then carried 2 5gal jugs of oil about 50yrds, then rope work like they do on the biggest loser (I can't think what it's called) finished off with jog-sprint-walk combo.                            Next month I plan on starting Rushfit but keep on doing some of my current workout along with more distance running.

Battling ropes. That's a badarse workout. Great cardio

Guinness Snout

Not bad for a fat boy that was 285+ a year ago.  I need to up the intensity though.  Haha.  I'm currently about 225; I shootin' for around 200-205. Also sorry for the broken paragraphs posting from my phone.

Tai_Mai_Shu

Quote from: clutch on June 10, 2013, 07:11:08 pm
I've never really thought the Warrior Dash was that bad. It's pretty much just a regular run that you get muddy on. It's no Tough Mudder or anything.

Are you starting running from scratch or have you been running long? If you haven't, they quickest way I've always been able to get into running shape was doing intervals. Works a lot faster than just running at a slower constant rate.

Been running for a while.  I added stairs to my routine now.

clutch

Quote from: Tai_Mai_Shu on June 11, 2013, 08:35:50 am
Been running for a while.  I added stairs to my routine now.

You should be alright then.