Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paleo Diet

Started by ldfergu, February 14, 2013, 10:59:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazrRila99

I had a stockpile of the green giant steamer bags in the freezer so Im working through those right now.  I would normally use a bag for dinner then the remainder for lunch the next day so they wouldnt sit in the fridge.  I try to do the veggies as close to dinner as possible, they cook very quick. 

Get a medium to high sided skillet put some coconut oil in there let it get hot throw the veggies cook, "slosh", cook, "slosh" should be about good to go.  I salt and pepper to taste normally.

Well Fed is a GREAT cookbook that gives good ideas Im starting to get more into it and be a bit more adventurous. 

Razorhawg09

Pork chops in almond flour fried in coconut oil has become one of my favorite meals. I eat very healthy during the week then allow myself a couple cheat meals on the weekend or when I'm out of town. Mostly I grill up a bunch of chicken or lean hamburger steaks for my lunches and sauté veggies in olive oil. I like Brussels sprouts bc they seem to be more filling.

RazrRila99

RH - do brussel sprouts taste like cabbage?  Ive never had em, always been scared of em.

Razorhawg09

Quote from: RazrRila99 on January 23, 2014, 03:40:12 pm
RH - do brussel sprouts taste like cabbage?  Ive never had em, always been scared of em.
Eh not really. I like them. Cut them up and sauté them until they soften up. The olive oil gives it a decent flavor. You can throw in some pancetta, sea salt or minced garlic too.

kibster

Quote from: hvsupastar on January 23, 2014, 12:12:14 pm
Been hearing some rumblings about this and it doesn't seem too far off of what I preach (not necessarily what I practice). I'm thinking about giving this a shot for 12 weeks and upping my cardio so I can be in fairly decent shape come spring time.

I see some of you have modified it to fit your needs, so let me ask has everyone 1) eliminated simple sugars 2) eliminated dairy? Those seem to be the two kickers for me.

I have cut out simple sugars.
Dairy, not so much.  I still eat cheese sometimes.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

kibster

Quote from: RazrRila99 on January 23, 2014, 03:40:12 pm

They are one of my favorite foods when they are roasted.

This is about the perfect recipe for them:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/roasted-brussels-sprouts-recipe2.html
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

kibster

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on January 22, 2014, 04:09:41 pm
Anyone tried a juice called "Daily Greens".  It is a 16oz bottle of pressed veggies and fruits (mostly veggies).  Has 9 pounds of fruit and vegetables in each bottle.  I have started having one a day and drink half of it for breakfast along with a banana or something just to have some fiber.  Drink the rest between lunch and dinner.  They don't taste too bad and are by far the healthiest juice I've come across. 

Only problem is they are expensive... $7 a bottle.  But being that I split it up between 3 meals it's really not too bad.  And no way I could get that many veggies into my daily diet without it.  Honestly feel like it keeps me more energized throughout the day but could just be the placebo effect, who knows. 

Just picked up a bottle at Whole Foods.  That had it for a dollar off.   The good thing was, that the cashier didn't see it in my basket until he had finished ringing me up, so he said don't worry about it and just put it in my sack.

superior_wang

ok NOT paleo but along  the lines of mega high protein meal replacement smoothie that DOESNT TASTE LIKE ASS (well the kind you dont wanna taste anyway):

this cranks out about 70g protein
600 cals (yes its a meal replacement)
9 g fat
55 g carbs

1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup milk
2 large tablespoons non fat greek yogurt
2 scoops body fortress vanilla protein power (yes the walmart stuff..easier on my stomach compared to like pure protein which makes me feel like a dead bloated cow in my grandpas small pond)

300 grams frozen fruit ... strawberries are cheapest it seems at least here.

anyway, heat the berries in a [pot on stove till softer (so it blends better)... blend hell out of it... pour it up..damn good taste, damn good for you. anyway try it out if you get sick of drinking just the same flavorless protein shakes..nice and thick too, like a mexican woman's behind. also, theres enough crap in there u can add even more protein powder if u need to.. had up to  like 2.5 scoops...  fwiw.

added note:... use protein powder that works for you, like i said i can eat body fortress all day long no bloated feeling.. that pure protein one kicks my ass...

my good deed for the day.