Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 19, 2024, 09:58:56 am

Vic

Started by heavylifting, February 17, 2017, 08:51:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

heavylifting

Stauffer, that is.

What kind of reception is he receiving in Hot Springs?

Does he look like a keeper or will he be another 1-and-done (AKA a Calipari)?

Considering all the hubbub surrounding his being named as racecaller, I'm surprised that there's been no discussion about him, although a lot of times no news is good news.

kingoftherapids

he seems to be struggling to me. im beginning to think being out of it for a little while is the reason. he called the second finish line one day last week when it was the mile. and never realized it. if you listen he messes up somehow about twice a race. whether it is obviously having to look down and read a name or calling the wrong horse. hopefully he is just slowly getting back into shape. can't imagine 13 in the arkansas derby.

jdelo77

A buddy of mine talked to him and said he would stay as long as we would have him ..

kingoftherapids

and reviews here... people liked him originally but the struggles lately are becoming more and more obvious

userpick

As someone who talks to Vic regularly, I can tell you no one is harder on him than he is. It's driving him crazy. He said the long layoff plus going from 6 horse fields to 12 horse fields is kicking his ass. Hope he gets it together because he really does care a lot about it. Also, he will be here as long as they let him. He absolutely loves it.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: kingoftherapids on February 17, 2017, 09:50:55 am
and reviews here... people liked him originally but the struggles lately are becoming more and more obvious
Yep, it's more then a daily occurrence, it's multiple times a day. I could never do it but then again, a lot of people couldn't do my job either.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

HogFanInBryant

I like Vic and hope he does well...but if he can't improve on the mess-ups then maybe he needs to bow out gracefully.  Terry stayed about 2 years too long in my opinion and the last part of his last year was brutal to watch and listen to...felt bad for him.

OPSteve

Sounded good today, hopefully he is hitting his stride now.  Looking forward to hearing him tomorrow morning at Dawn at Oaklawn.

mckinneyhog5

He's doing horrible today..just called the 3rd race as a mile race but made it seems as if it as a 1 1/6?
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.