Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What level of dish network package do I need for SEC Network?

Started by Sourpuss, September 03, 2009, 10:03:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sourpuss

My wife is letting me upgrade for the season and I can't find any info on this.  Is it called  the SEC NETWORK? ???

Theolesnort

There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Dwight_K_Shrute

SEC network is not a channel.  It's a syndication package the SEC is selling to local affiliates.  Very much like the JP/LFS/Raycomm of the past.  I believe games on SEC network will be available via Gameplan if there is not an SEC network affiliate in your area.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

sowmonella

Quote from: Sourpuss on September 03, 2009, 10:03:50 pm
My wife is letting me upgrade for the season and I can't find any info on this.  Is it called  the SEC NETWORK? ???

"Letting you upgrade".....????????????
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

George S. Pigton

Make sure you can get ESPNU.  Most major markets have picked up the SEC Network Game.  Which means that it will be on one of the local channels in your area.  If you live in AR, that will be KATV in LRK, 40/29 in NWA and then
a station over in the Jonesboro area.  If your in Florida, where every you used to watch the Raycom game, it will still be on that channel, just produced by ESPN.
\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

guy8699

U-P-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D spelled thusly as he says for a double dose of his "Pimpin"

LZH

jonesark™

Quote from: Sourpuss on September 03, 2009, 10:03:50 pm

god that sucks.........I feel ya man.

TNhogfan

Quote from: Theolesnort on September 03, 2009, 10:07:43 pm
Nope but get all the ESPN and ABC that you can.
The SEC does not have a contract w/ ABC.  The broadcast network contract is w/ CBS.

BigE_23

hawgsmellgud

am I missing something? why is everyone having so much trouble with figuring out that every game will be televised, with one being PPV. Their must be ten post a day about it. I thought the new ESPN deal would make it easier for everyone, maybe I am just to stupid to realize I am about to miss something.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Porktologist

I guess if you're a Shiloh Christian fan it should be entertaining to see them hang 80 every week on the sisters of the poor in the 4A.  If you're not necessarily a fan I don't think every one is going to ooh and ahh that they beat Bonkersville 89-0.  Face it, you think there was hell-raising after last year, wait til this season's done.  Looking at the size of their players, anyone who says there's anything near a level playing field is absolutely delusional.

Porktologist

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: Porktologist on September 03, 2009, 10:53:21 pm
   I guess if you're a Shiloh Christian fan it should be entertaining to see them hang 80 every week on the sisters of the poor in the 4A.  If you're not necessarily a fan I don't think every one is going to ooh and ahh that they beat Bonkersville 89-0.  Face it, you think there was hell-raising after last year, wait til this season's done.  Looking at the size of their players, anyone who says there's anything near a level playing field is absolutely delusional.

What package would I need to upgrade to see this? And a question about the PPV...
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."