Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thank You Senior's for a fun season...

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, March 16, 2018, 05:09:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

Looking forward to 2018 - 2019 season.  :)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

WorfHog

It's been a bitter sweet rollercoaster of a season. Loved watching this team when they were high,but it's was absolutely miserable watching them when they played like they did today. Hoping for more consistentcy in 18-19.

BannerMountainMan

Yep! We not getting a big trophy like the other 300 teams
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

TeufelHog

Can't agree TBP.  This was not a fun season at all.  This was one of the most aggravating and inconsistent teams to watch.  Physical talent was there, the game IQ was not.

forrest city joe

+1000.
Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 16, 2018, 05:09:40 pm
i second that. thank you to the seniors for all they have done for the program.and thanks to our players and coaches for another good/fun year.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: TeufelHog on March 16, 2018, 06:43:56 pm
Can't agree TBP.  This was not a fun season at all.  This was one of the most aggravating and inconsistent teams to watch.  Physical talent was there, the game IQ was not.

Sad. Just sad.

It did not end how I wanted it too but this is one my favorite Hog teams. Barford and Macon, being the top scoring duo in the SEC was a blast to watch. They won some great games like Florida and Tenner, and of course they lost some. Who doesn't?

Thank you Seniors! Gonna miss you! And I wish you the best on your future! I hope it$ $ati$fying!
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

forrest city joe

Wrong! it was a fun season. team lost it 2 leading scores and best defensive player. played in a great sec and still made the Dance.it was a fun season.

Oliver

Wasn't fun at all.  But thank you seniors.  I appreciate you being Razorbacks!

forrest city joe

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on March 16, 2018, 06:49:55 pm
Sad. Just sad.

It did not end how I wanted it too but this is one my favorite Hog teams. Barford and Macon, being the top scoring duo in the SEC was a blast to watch. They won some great games like Florida and Tenner, and of course they lost some. Who doesn't?

Thank you Seniors! Gonna miss you! And I wish you the best on your future! I hope it$ $ati$fying!

+1000 GO HOGS

niels_boar

Can't some of you always perfect blanks be magnanimous for one lousy thread?
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

The real Hogules

I appreciate their contributions to the Razorbacks basketball program and wish all of the Sr.'s nothing but the very best in their futures.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

forrest city joe

Quote from: Oliver on March 16, 2018, 06:54:01 pm
Wasn't fun at all.  But thank you seniors.  I appreciate you being Razorbacks!
Would you rather be Pittsburgh? remember when they ran Jamie Dixon off after he lost some early NCAAT games. and look at Pitt now.they are a Mess.went 0 and 19 in the ACC.

Oliver

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 16, 2018, 07:02:35 pm
Would you rather be Pittsburgh? remember when they ran Jamie Dixon off after he lost some early NCAAT games. and look at Pitt now.they are a Mess.went 0 and 19 in the ACC.

No.  But we are still trying to rid ourselves of the Jeff Long poison.

rzrbackramsfan

Letsroll1200

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 16, 2018, 06:47:23 pm
+1000. i second that. thank you to the seniors for all they have done for the program.and thanks to our players and coaches for another good/fun year.

Very fun, up and down season. Thanks to the seniors

rude1

Thanks for the seniors contribution, but the season was anything but fun. Team underachieved all season, ending in a blowout loss in the first round of the tourney. Not my idea of a good time....

HognotinMemphis

No apostrophe in "seniors".

Since I can't say much nice about them, I will not say anything other than good luck in your future. It will not involve playing basketball in the NBA.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

masbas3

This was a fun season?  To me, these up and down roller coaster seasons are not fun. 

SmokinHog

What exactly, was fun about this season?

Genuinely curious.

zenchow

I enjoyed the season...i looked forward to every Saturday and Tuesday for 4 months...was bummer at every loss and thrilled to almost twice as many wins. The season was good but not great, but I enjoyed it all. I expect to enjoy next year as well. Over 40 years of watching hogball, I have only been completely happy with the results one season...the rest have always required some prospective. Thanks to the seniors for giving their all!

alohawg

Agree, easily the most frustrating team ever. Suck you in and just when you think they're turning a corner.....kick in the nads.
Heck they were bipolar within games like the UK head scratcher. What in the heck was that 2nd half I'll never know.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Letsroll1200

Quote from: SmokinHog on March 16, 2018, 07:19:14 pm
What exactly, was fun about this season?

Genuinely curious.

Were you not entertained?

bphi11ips

I enjoyed the season because I liked the players.

I actually think this team overachieved. Yes, Macon and Barford were good offensively, and Gafford is a freak athlete. But today exposed the real weakness. We didn't have a true point guard or impact players at the 3 or 4 positions.  It was amazing the way this team performed down the stretch against teams they shouldn't have beaten. They played over their heads for a while on sheer will power.  And they seemed to have fun doing it.

We'll be better next year than some think. Maybe it will be like the 1992-93 season. Day, Miller and Mayberry were gone, and their senior year ended on a sour note after getting knocked out of the first weekend of the tournament by Memphis. Everyone thought 1992-93 would be the worst season in years. Then a freshman no one had heard of scored 30 at 9th ranked Arizona the third game of the season and Arkansas lost to North Carolina in the Sweet Sixteen. They'd go to the NC the next two years.

The only thing we know with relative certainty is that the Hogs will play basketball in 2018-19. They might be better than most think they'll be.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hoglady

I will miss this team - I love all those guys.
I mean we gripe and complain about the game but I'm certain the loss today bothers them a lot more than us fans. I hate it ended with the team not playing their best.
Barford and Macon have been a lot of fun to watch the last 2 years.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 16, 2018, 07:02:35 pm
Were you in favor of keeping Nutt and his mediocrity just to make sure we don't get worse? Or did you think we should have taken a chance on getting better?

rude1

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 16, 2018, 11:32:14 pm
I enjoyed the season because I liked the players.

I actually think this team overachieved. Yes, Macon and Barford were good offensively, and Gafford is a freak athlete. But today exposed the real weakness. We didn't have a true point guard or impact players at the 3 or 4 positions.  It was amazing the way this team performed down the stretch against teams they shouldn't have beaten. They played over their heads for a while on sheer will power.  And they seemed to have fun doing it.

We'll be better next year than some think. Maybe it will be like the 1992-93 season. Day, Miller and Mayberry were gone, and their senior year ended on a sour note after getting knocked out of the first weekend of the tournament by Memphis. Everyone thought 1992-93 would be the worst season in years. Then a freshman no one had heard of scored 30 at 9th ranked Arizona the third game of the season and Arkansas lost to North Carolina in the Sweet Sixteen. They'd go to the NC the next two years.

The only thing we know with relative certainty is that the Hogs will play basketball in 2018-19. They might be better than most think they'll be.
One minor missing detail. We had the No.1 recruit in the nation coming to campus the next season. Don't see anything even close to resembling that coming next season.